tuscl

Now Calif wants a piece of the pie.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
CA Dems Introduce "Stripper Tax"

March 2, 2012, 8:50 A.M.

KMJ News -

For those of you who take in an occasional exotic dance, you may soon have to dole out more dough to catch the show.

The Calif. State Assembly is considering a bill that would slap a $10 per-person tax on California strip clubs.

Santa Barbara Democratic Assemblyman Das Williams says the money generated would go to rape prevention and other programs.

The bill requires a two-thirds super-majority for passage, which means he'll need to get at least two GOP votes in the Assembly, but Calif. republicans have pledged not to raise taxes.

10 comments

• Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    Does Ass man Williams (excuse me, that should have been "Assemblyman" Williams), have proof that there is a correlation between strip clubs and rape in California ?
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    I'm glad I am in Michigan.
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    "I'm glad I am in Michigan"

Vince, I'm GLAD I go Clubbing in Michigan. LOL
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Since vince got domesticated the closest he gets to a strip club is reading TUSCL. :)
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    Bankrupt government. They are all over this country.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Not true at all, shadowcat. I still club.
  • lopaw
    13 years ago
    lol when in hell DOESN'T California have it's hand out?
    They try to nickel & dime us to death here.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    Politicians should have to pay a tax every time they say or do something stupid. That would solve the deficit.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    Politicians should have to pay a tax every time they say or do something stupid. That would solve the deficit.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    If politicians in California did something smart, they would pay attention to a study where California is spending billions more than other states with their 3 strikes and stay in jail law. Other states without the law have had similar decreases in violent crime over the years without paying to lock up so many people.

A smart politician, now that is a joke. :)

Maybe if politicians stopped raising taxes, they might get more sales and business revenue.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion