tuscl

In Houston, TX, "Players Club" is now "The Palace Gentlemens Resort?" Please ma

Friday, December 30, 2011 8:06 PM
I was browsing around Houston clubs on the site, and I saw that "The Palace Gentlemens Resort" had a very good value rating. I then saw that it only had a couple of reviews. I try to maintain my own personal list of strip clubs including their names, addresses, phone numbers, driving distances and travel times from my house, and any notes I have on them based on personal experience or hearsay. I do not, however, keep records on the reviews, ratings, or other data that are left on TUSCL for each club. I count on TUSCL to maintain that information. On this list are those I have visited and many I have not visited, some of which have even permanently closed. Any strip club on which I obtain information that I either visit, consider visiting, or lies within a few hours' drive from my house is on this list. On my list, I could not find any club by the name "The Palace Gentlemens Resort," though I did find that it had not only the same address, but also the same phone number (according to TUSCL) as a club called "Players Club," for which I had no notes. On the other hand, if you follow the link to the official website of "The Palace Gentlemens Resort," you will find a different phone number that does not match any of the other phone numbers on my list. Most of my data I get from TUSCL, so I can safely assume that was where the name, address, and phone number data on my list originated. I can only guess that the case of the matter is that the club changed names, and maybe ownership, policies, talent, and/or management. Unfortunately, I cannot find any information regarding this change. I cannot find any reviews for the old "Players Club," and I cannot find any information comparing this location under its new name to its previous quality. I cannot find any information regarding why or how it changed. It would be nice to get any of this information from anyone on this site who may have visited this club before the change or otherwise had some information on it. However, even if I cannot get any information on this particular club name change, I would like to strongly suggest that TUSCL maintain this kind of information. From my perspective, it seems that, when a club closes permanently, its entry remains in the database, even though it does not show up on the main list. One can find it by using a site-specific Google search. For example, try "D. B. Coopers Mansion" in Spring, Texas. However, in this case, all of the data regarding the "Players Club" would appear to have been purged or at least taken offline. Here is my suggestion to the management of TUSCL. Please maintain a complete historical database. On the main page for a club like "The Palace Gentlemens Resort," I would like to see an indicator pointing out that this used to be a different club, with a link to the page for "Players Club." Associated with this indicator, with the link, or perhaps with the old club, there could be room for comments, discussion, or reviews tied to this change where users can post their information on the change itself, such as "Oh, I heard it was raided and shut down by the cops" or "I heard it went out of business because they weren't bringing in enough customers, bad management, et cetera" or whatever. I guess if I cannot find the information here, the only other place I could think to get the information I seek would be straight from the horse's mouth, as it were. I could possibly call or visit "The Palace Gentlemens Resort" and ask them straight up about this change, but I have a feeling that, unless I am a regular there and they have come to know and trust me, that might not be a subject they have any desire to discuss. I certainly would not want anyone else prying into my past. Even if I did become a trusted regular, they still might be put off by that line of questioning, so I probably would not ask them anyway. In case anyone has any ideas or is curious about why I am so curious to know what happened here, I simply have a very curious mind. I like to collect information, and I like to understand the "why" behind everything unusual. I can go without learning this, but I would be happier if I could. That is all.

0 comments

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion