tuscl

Deja Vu club closing in Clermont (Cincinnati)

UNION TWP. - Deja Vu won't see 2012.

The strip club, whose dancers and managers faced criminal offenses after a June 2010 raid, will close by Dec. 31, prosecutors say, as part of a plea deal reached in Clermont County Municipal Court on Thursday.

“The goal of Union Township was basically to shut this place down, and this plea agreement does that,” said Prosecutor Don White. He noted that a deed restriction is being added to prevent the property from being used for any sexually oriented business in the future.

All charges against the managers and dancers were dismissed, White said, in exchange for the corporation's admission to charges of illegally operating a sexually oriented business. The corporation also will pay costs to cover the investigation as part the plea agreement, White said.

Dozens of misdemeanor charges had been filed against the club's dancers and managers, alleging that dancers performed nude after midnight, were in contact with each other or with customers -- all of which would violate Ohio law.

Police spent more than two months investigating the club at 516 Old Ohio 74 before last year's raid.

The club's attorney, Louis Sirkin, did not immediately return a reporter's telephone message seeking comment Thursday.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20111…

9 comments

• steve229
    13 years ago
    Sam - welcome back to your news beat! Missed your stripper news updates.
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    And so illegal PIGS show up - complete with dancing, whoring, illegal drugs, etc. until the neighbors get less fear and more pissed off to call the police.
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Not a great loss. It was one of the four clubs I visited on my Cincinnati trip. The dancers tried their best but it was just another over-priced Vu for what one got. I wonder where the DJ will find work? At this particular club he MC-ed and also stared into the VIP dance area to make sure there was no mileage to be had. Not too marketable of a skill set.
  • minnow
    13 years ago
    The sad thing is, when the loss of a Deja Vu club would be a "big loss" for a particular city (as is the case with Cinci), then an already stripclub Siberia is made all the more "frigid"................
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Minnow, you weep for something you shouldn't. There are clubs across the river in Kentucky. I didn't find much but then I'm not a regular. A TUSCLer recently posted a review for Club Venus, indicating high mileage could be had with the day shift gals. At another Kentucky-side club I got a very overt OTC suggestion. Then there's the Dayton clubs an hour north. PLUS, A TUSCLer saw my Cincy article and PMed me two suburban clubs on the KY side where high mileage can be had. Or, at least there's good food about (and it's cheap!)
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    But if you cross the river into Kentucky, the dancers don't wear any shoes and they're all kin.
  • minnow
    13 years ago
    CTQ- I was being a bit facetious. There are many cities of equal or smaller size than Cincy that have more to offer the monger than a single Deja Vu club (cough cough), and a few sh#^thole clubs across the river. If you're going to consider Dayton part of Cincy, then you almost might as well consider Tampa part of Orlando, or Los Angeles part of San Diego, or Baltimore part of Va. suburbs, etc. , etc. (note- I am not a big fan of Deja Vu clubs. )
  • 2ofus
    13 years ago
    I have never had a good experience in a déjà vu club. No idea why I keep trying. Think I may stop.
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Time to start a thread on the Deja Vu chain!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion