tuscl

P.L.'s Abound

Monday, November 7, 2011 1:46 PM
Woman accused of scamming man out of $33,000 HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Charges have been filed against a woman after authorities say she scammed an elderly man out of more than $33,000. Court documents state that Robert Morrissey told a Harris County Sheriff's deputy that on October 10 he was shopping at a grocery store when a woman who called herself Lisa approached him. She said she knew him from her time working at another store, and asked for his help to buy groceries, saying she didn't have any money. Morrissey said he felt sorry for "Lisa" and paid about $150 for her groceries. He found it odd that she was parked next to him in the parking lot, and later came to believe she may have followed him home. Morrissey told authorities that on October 14 "Lisa" showed up at his home, with two boys, ages 10 and 3, and a two-year-old girl. She told him her husband had left the country and froze their accounts, and asked Morrissey to put $500 on a prepaid credit card for her. He did so. Three days later, "Lisa" again showed up at Morrissey's home, he said. This time she reportedly told him she had an opportunity to buy a sewing business and claimed she needed $6,500 to buy materials. He took her to his bank where he withdrew the money, and says she promised a return on his investment, even as she cautioned him not to tell anyone about their financial dealings. According to the court documents, on at least four more occasions, "Lisa" requested more money under the guise of getting the sewing business operating. He had requested a check from an annuity fund, and gave her his ATM card along with the PIN number needed to withdraw cash. Neighbors had noticed "Lisa's" continued presence at Morrissey's home and alerted his family members. They stepped in and helped him close bank accounts, then arranged for a meeting with "Lisa" and contacted authorities to assist by taking her into custody on an unknown offense. The Precinct 4 Constable's Office identified her as Giget For, 30. She has a number of aliases. She has been charged with felony theft for the total amount of withdrawals from Morrissey's bank accounts totaling $33,700. Bail in the case has been set at $50,000.

13 comments

• newmark
    13 years ago
    Will she get him to pay her bail?
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Makes me feel better to know that there are bigger fools than myself. LOL.
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    Probably not a PL. More likely autistic. They have trouble comprehending the full meanlng of social situations, especially when deception may be at play. The woman was obviously a sociopath preying on such people. Careful when you laugh at him, Dudester. That could be you when you are old, autie-boy!
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    Dougie, I know that taking decades of verbal abuse from your parents taught you to never ever be vulnerable, or to admit to a weakness of any sort, because if they sensed it, not only would they never let you hear the end of it, they would hammer and hammer and hammer you on it until you're reduced to a shaking crying mess. What firefighters refer to as "find a scab and pick on it until it bleeds", but understand this Doug, you pour out a tremendous amount of unprovoked abuse (see above). In no way did I provoke or insult you, and yet, you hurled unprovoked abuse at me. Karma is a harsh mistress Doug. I'm sorry your life is so very fucked up, but continuing to dish out unprovoked abuse, you're taunting karma, and one day, when you least expect it and need it, karma will hammer you.
  • staxwell
    13 years ago
    Damn Dougster, what did Dudester do to get on your hit-list?
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    staxwell, he has lots of enemies here. What he hasn't figured out is that he is as welcome here as a really bad rash. It seems that every board has a basement dwelling flamer like him. They are emotionally detached from their parents and they take out their anger on unsuspecting people at internet forums. It's a cowardly thing for them to do, as hiding at home, they are safe from face to face confrontations. In real life, they wouldn't say hurtful things to someone's face as they would end up in intensive care in a hospital, or a morgue.
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    Now, now, Dudester. Those are not very Christian things to say are they?
  • mmdv26
    13 years ago
    Dang, been a while since we saw the Ster brothers in a good 'ol fashioned internet dust-up....
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Wow, I want to see her pics. I could put up her bail if she is fine enough. :)
  • mikeya02
    13 years ago
    Theres a guy in my club, 80's, can barely walk, spends a thousand a week on his girls. They are nice to him but they all trick him. 3 dances in vip instead of the 5 he paid for. And they get a tip. He's not very demanding so its the easiest money the girls have ever made.......Hi Dougie. Hows my fave little man?
  • troop
    13 years ago
    almost have to feel sorry for that old guy but it seems like he's too gullible to feel sorry for.
  • Player11
    13 years ago
    The sad thing is the guy who got swindled probably did not even get pussy. A ROB will promise you all sorts of things and then the more money one gives her the more she has upped the ante. Its like a poker game where your afraid to fold and loose big so you keep raising your bets and then really loose big time in the end playing a hand that has no chance to win. Thanks for sharing Dudester, a great read it illustrates how the ROB will keep upping the ante. I see DougTurd is still active. He can't post anything original or intelligent so he has to bash those who do. I still contend he is some broke bloke who can barely afford the door fee. Hey Doug why don't you go over to ECCIE and call some of those guys payers - we will laugh our asses off at you - I don't think u have the guts.
  • staxwell
    13 years ago
    I guess that explains it. And what the hell is ECCIE?^^^
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion