tuscl

Not missing the club scene?

I frequently read and hear from other dancers that when they are away from the club for a period of time, they begin to miss it. I have never understood why. A majority of them miss their "friends", the money, or for a few its the regulars. I have great customers, but have never really been drawn to make long lasting friendships with any one inside the club. Maybe that's why I work only when I feel like it and never feel drawn to visit on a day off.I am married, have two kids, and am a full time student. Lately I hear that it is the lack of an outside life or meaningful( healthy) relationships that cause girls to reach within the club for some kind of fulfillment. As soon as my shift is up, I seem to bolt out the door as fast as I can. I make great money inside the club,could my motivation to work hard be why I haven't established any relationships? I am curious if any other dancers feel the same way.Am I the only one who treats it ONLY like a job and not like a lifestyle?

5 comments

• fetish_dancer
    13 years ago
    Nope, you're not the only one. I like the club and I enjoy myself when I'm there, but I like to have a clear delineation between my job and my outside life. I never visit or go in on my days off, either. I'm with you; once my shift is over, I'm outta there. I might dally for an extra ten minutes with a customer I really liked spending time with, but more than often this isn't the case.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    No dancer me, just a horndog customer.

cincy's closing words - 'Am I the only one who treats it ONLY like a job and not like a lifestyle?' speaks volumes of the difference between the SC world and the straight world. For anyone, male or female, working in the straight world, the job IS part of one's lifestyle however much one would like to separate the two. Trying to keep work out of your lifestyle is an exercise in futility, even for a dancer.

If you think you are doing so you are engaging in self-delusion.
  • Doc_Holliday
    13 years ago
    I personally want to see it become more of a legitimate business. Not necessarily a carrer for all, but be it as respectable as waiting tables as a interim job for young women. Not just so there's less dancers with issues, but so it also becomes more of an art. That in mind, I don't think dancers should be workaholics or at the clubs all the time, but I would like to see more friendships between dancers and more healthy competion instead of bitter feelIngs between a lot of them (not that those feelings aren't at all work places, it's just more heated in strip clubs).
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I've known a few dancers who seemed to get attached to me. A few have told me I'm not the typical strip club customer which I guess was a compliment in some manner. One dancer I know gave hints that she would be interested in dating me but I didn't pursue that. I think I like going to a strip club and not knowing all the personal details about dancer's lives and their kids or boyfriends or whatever it is that they are thinking about. Yet, I seem to get a lot of information at times without ever asking for any of it. If someone tells me that, I always hope they tell me after I get a dance, not right before they start.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    The dancers who seem to get attached easily are always single in my experience.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion