tuscl

Arizona man hospitalized after shooting penis

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:10 PM
CHANDLER, Ariz. — A suburban Phoenix man is recovering after police say he accidentally shot himself in the penis while putting his girlfriend's gun in the waistband of his pants. Chandler police say 27-year-old Joshua Seto and his fiancée, Cara Christopher, were walking toward a grocery store when the shooting happened last week. The gun fired, striking Seto's penis and continuing through his left thigh. The Arizona Republic reports a 911 operator told Christopher to apply direct pressure to the wound with a dry towel or T-shirt. Chandler Police Detective Seth Tyler was unsure of the type of gun, or whether it had a safety that was off. He also says it's unclear if Seto has been released from the hospital or suffered any permanent damage. In the wake of the shooting, Tyler warned residents to use holsters, not waistbands, if they're going to carry a handgun.

10 comments

• vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Nice job, dude !! Remind me never to hang with that guy.
  • bang69
    13 years ago
    OUCH!!!!!
  • dudeanonymous
    13 years ago
    Certainly a candidate for a Darwin Award.
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    Proof one should do a little reading about gun safety. It's not just to waste paper on.
  • txtittyfan
    13 years ago
    I think it is OK to shoot snakes in Phx.
  • hardware
    13 years ago
    I, for one, have always been a fan of birth-control!
  • Cheo_D
    13 years ago
    Agree with the investigator that this shows how one should invest in a proper holster, and safe gunhandling lessons. One thing's for sure, you only shoot yourself in the dick once. You darn tootin' make sure it never happens again, if you're fortunate enough to keep it. More succintly: Ow!
  • GoVikings
    13 years ago
    Cheddar Bob in the movie 8Mile, LOL
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    Glad to see he won't be reproducing now. Not someone I want to see becoming fruitful and multiplying.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    That's gotta hurt!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion