tuscl

Volunteer Needed for Recon Mission (Houston)

Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:57 PM
I'm presently confined to quarters with a bad case of girlfrienditis (first non stripper in ten years). A new all nude spot opened at 2425 Mangum (290 and Mangum-south of 34th-near 610). Recon report needs parking report, cover charge, LD charge, and VIP report ([view link] for map). Anyone willing to take one for the team ?

4 comments

• twboyhouston
    13 years ago
    It just opened on Wednesday. It's called Sunset Strip and used to be a steak house. I believe it is a topless club, and not a nude club. It's a pretty small building and parking lot. I've driven by and noticed a very full parking lot, but haven't been inside yet. I will recon soon.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Dudester, I'll need airfare and a hotel room. Let me know when you have that arranged. :)
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    You could probably call and ask about the cover charges and LD prices. Unless it is like how some clubs here in Columbus are and don't bother to answer their phones anymore and just give you some prerecording bullshit.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    twboyhouston Member Since April 2006 Last Seen August 2011 Reviews: 34 Clubs: 27 • August 7, 2011 Visited on: Saturday Evening • Dancers on Shift: 11-25 Ratings: Physical Club: 7 • Dancer Quality: 8 • Dollar Value: 7 • Overall Rating: 7.33 / 10 This club just opened this week. It sits on the corner of Mangum Rd and the Highway 290 frontage road. The location is fairly good, just a few minutes from the Galleria, depending on traffic. The neighborhood along Mangum is mostly industrial, and looks a little bit rundown. However, security is not an issue, with security staff at the front door. The lot is fairly small, so the physical club itself is rather small, and the parking is somewhat limited. The club was a former steak house, and has been extensively remodeled. The outside is pretty plain, and the sign is small and not very exciting. It's probably a temporary sign. The interior looks to be fully finished. The club is owned by the chain that owns the Men's Club. One very notable aspect is that they have obtained a SOB license, so all dancers must be licensed, but can dance topless with g-strings. I entered the club at about 9 pm There is a door girl up front in the foyer. She informed me that cover charger was $10. Before 7 pm, the cover is free. I got in with a free pass from an ad in the Houston Press. Upon entering, there is a large, pretty well lit room. In one corner is the DJ booth. Along one wall is a massive bar. There is a large stage to the back of the room with a couple of poles. There are a lot of chairs situated around the stage to make it easier for people to want to enjoy the stage show. I saw most of the girls made pretty good money on stage, maybe $50 to $100 each. There are also about 20 small tables with about 4 chairs around each scattered throughout the room. The room itself is kind of spartan but nicely decorated. Unusual for a Houston strip club, there was no carpeting. Along one wall, there are about 3 booths with couches. These are used for lap dances. I saw that these were frequently in use, but dancers were also giving dances on the floor right at the table. The chairs around the tables are pretty small, so most of the dances around the tables seemed to be largely air dances. The booths are pretty wide open and visible from the rest of the room, so don't expect really hot dances here. There were about 10 waitresses, all pretty young and attractive. Most of them seemed a little bit inexperienced, but tried hard to please. I ordered a Miller Lite draft beer for $7. I also ordered off the food menu, which had an assortment of salads, burgers, sandwiches, steaks, and a few other entrees. I ordered a palm heart salad and pork chops with a baked potato and asparagus sides. Both food items were really excellent, far better than most strip club fare. Alongside the stage are two large flat screen TV's. There are also a couple of TV's behind the bar. A UFC fight was going on, and I got an excellent view of the fight along with the stage dances. When the fight's main event came on, I moved to a separate room, which is a large sports bar. In this room, there is a very large projection TV (like 20 feet across) that is excellent for sports watching. There are also a couple of large flat panel screens beside it. On the other side of the sports bar room is another large bar. In the middle there is another large stage, again with chairs all around it. This stage is even larger than the main stage, though not as many fancy lights. Around the stage are about a dozen small tables. Now for the girls. I don't know if this review will be representative of the girls that will be regularly found in the club. As I stated, it's run by the Men's Club chain, so for the opening week they imported about a dozen dancers from Charlotte, and four from Dallas. Almost all of them were pretty young and hot, in the 7 to 8 range. (To me 9's and 10's are supermodel or playboy model caliber, so I would say there weren't any dancers quite of that caliber here.) I would say that the dancers were a notch above St. James, about the same as the Men's Club, but a notch below the hottest dancers at Treasures. I ended up sitting with a dark haired beauty of mixed Peruvian and German descent. She was very exotic looking and had a terrific body, long luscious hair, a wonderful smile, and was a great conversationalist. I would estimate she would be about 5'5" tall without heels, and had medium size natural breasts, long slim legs, and a medium size booty. As a total package, counting both her looks and personality, I would rate her a 9. She told me she would be in town for a couple of weeks, and then would return to Dallas. She was enticed to come down because the club paid for her license which she could use to work in any Houston club. I received 3 dances from her along the side couches. They were good dances with moderate contact, but because of the open nature of the location, girls were careful not to do too much. I decided to try out their VIP room. It is a completely separate room off to the side, and not at all visible from the rest of the club. Inside there are about a half dozen booths with couches and tables and chairs. Privacy was so-so, because all the booths were lined up in a row along one wall. There are partitions between the booths, but there was a gap that you could see though to the adjacent partition. The best privacy and largest booth is the one all the way to the end of the hall, because in the other booths, people can walk by your booth on the way to their own. They can see inside the booth pretty easily, as the chairs are not big enough to be used as barriers, and there are no doorways. They do keep the lighting a bit darker than the rest of the club however. Cost to enter the VIP room is buying a bottle at the rate of 4125 per hour. If you buy their cheapest bottle of wine or champagne for $125, you can stay for an hour. If you buy a bottle worth $250, you can stay two hours, etc. So they are pretty flexible with this policy as you can either buy a few bottles of cheaper stuff or one bottle of the expensive stuff for prolonged stays. The VIP hourly rate for the lady is negotiable, but should vary between $300 to $500 an hour, which is pretty typical for Houston. Note that if you put the dances on your credit card, the extra charge is a little more expensive than most of the clubs in Houston. Most clubs add $5 per $20 (or a 25% surcharge), but Sunset Strip uses same policy as the Men's Club which is they will charge you more than a 33% surcharge. So $500 an hour becomes $672 under their rules. Anyways, I ended up spending about 2.5 hours in the VIP with a very beautiful lady (although the club and lady were gracious enough to only charge me for 2 hours since it was the end of the night). She gave me much better dances than the ones outside in the main club. We both had a great time. In summary this club has a lot of promise. It is in a fairly accessible central location. It has a SOB license, so the club is actually topless, and not a bikini bar, like all other clubs within city limits. It has great food; it's a very good venue for watching sporting events. On the negative, there's not much privacy for dances unless you are willing to spring for VIP. The success of the club will depend on their ability to attract and keep a good crop of local Houston dancers, since the current group will be mostly returning to their native towns within two weeks. Many of them said they may occasionally return for brief appearances.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion