tuscl

Lawmaker Had Stripper In Car

(Lawrenceburg, Ind.) - A new revelation came to light Thursday regarding Ohio State Representative Robert Mecklenborg.

The 59-year-old who represents southwestern Hamilton County in Columbus was arrested for misdemeanor Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated on U.S. 50 in Greendale last April 23. His BAC was .097, over the Indiana legal driving limit of .08 arrest records show.

Various reports state the passenger in Mecklenborg's car at the time was an exotic dancer at Concepts Gentleman's Club in Lawrenceburg. Mecklenborg is a married father of three.

The lawmaker did release a statement Thursday apologizing for the situation.

"Being human, I've made a mistake. It's caused great hurt to my family and I'm deeply sorry. I have served tirelessly and well my constituents and want to apologize to them as well," Mecklenborg's statement said.

Mecklenborg is scheduled to be in Dearborn County court for the OVI charge on Tuesday, July 26. He has previously pleaded not guilty.

http://www.eaglecountryonline.com/news.p…

9 comments

• vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    I wonder how much the OTC is going to cost the Representative. Stay tuned for further details
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    I bet this isn't the first time for him, just the first time he was caught.
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    So, Sam, does this mean OTC is not available in Columbus and mongers have to go to Indiana, or was he just worried about being recognized in a Columbus club?
  • harrydave
    13 years ago
    Columbus clubs suck! Can't blame him for going to Indiana. But he wasn't near Indy or Kokomo, so obviously he didn't check TUSCL beforehand. Big mistake on his part.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    If the media does its' jobe, we will learn what is public position is on strip clubs and how he voted in the Ohio legislature on issues concerning SCs, dancers and regulations.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    A great campaign slogan: "A stripper in every car."
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    The only thing he is really sorry about is getting caught.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    I'd do her!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion