tuscl

Visiting New Orleans in Sept. Where should we go.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:35 PM
So my buddy is getting married and we are travelling to NOLA for the bachelor party. From other bachelor parties, this group has gone to several clubs in Las Vegas for comparison (Sapphire more often than not). I personally have been to several San Fran clubs (including Mitchell Brothers), most of the Vegas clubs, and a club in Puerto Penasco, Mexico. I am responsible for deciding where we should go. I would prefer a club in NOLA that is less tourist trap, and more local charm. We are avoiding Vegas for a reason, and I want to show my friend a different experience. While I am fond of extras (only ITC, never had an OTC experience) it is not a must for this recommendation. I don't share my extra-curriculars with my friends, and I don't plan to.

13 comments

• sinclair
    13 years ago
    Maybe try Visions; it's where the locals go. Anything in the French Quarter is overpriced and low value.
  • screg
    13 years ago
    Notice not too many recent reviews on Visions lately. How are the weekday afternoons? Thanks
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Go to Miami.
  • DarkCecil
    13 years ago
    I would love to go to Miami. I voted for several places over New Orleans, but I was sadly outvoted. Visions was what I was thinking based on reviews I read. But some of the reviews seemed to suggest that the French Quarter was turning around. Was curious if anyone had insight into the evolving scene.
  • mo_youngblood
    13 years ago
    So why aren't the men who voted for NOLA "responsible for deciding where to go"?
  • Cravey
    13 years ago
    I've been to several strip clubs in NOLA and have been consistently disappointed. Know this about New Orleans. Aside from the French Quarter area, this is a relatively poor town, beset with abject poverty, poor restaurants, snarled traffic and oh, by the way, lousy strip clubs. I hate to recommend any SC in NOLA but if someone put a gun to my head, I suppose I'd suggest Penthouse, right off Bourbon Street on Iberville. The girls are decent but it's a good thing you're not expecting ITC or OTC because it won't happen. That's always a good thing when at least a couple of the dancers have Adam Apples the size of Delaware. I have the good fortune of travelling a lot on business and have sampled clubs all over. When I go to New Orleans, I'm not even tempted to enter a SC for fear that I'll have to throw my shoes away once I leave and will spend my time wondering what exactly dripped on my shirt from the ceiling. If you have to go to New Orleans, you may consider getting a VIP booth at Ampersand, which is a very nice "regular" nightclub with a very attractive clientele. The women run in packs and are usually smoking hot and looking for fun. Good luck and I'm sorry I've put a potential damper on all this. New Orleans sucks.. there, I said it.
  • wwpmi
    13 years ago
    Visions, agree with the mass most other clubs are just looking for drunk visitors. It is a small drive to Visions so if you don't have a car and are stuck in the Quarters make the most of your party and stay out of SC's. Booze and music.
  • wwpmi
    13 years ago
    Visions, agree with the mass most other clubs are just looking for drunk visitors. It is a small drive to Visions so if you don't have a car and are stuck in the Quarters make the most of your party and stay out of SC's. Booze and music.
  • minnow
    13 years ago
    DC- If you can, (back issue or website), there's an issue sometime in 1992 or 93 (Deja Vu - Showgirls Magazine) written by an intrepid staff writer about his visit to several New Orleans clubs. Print out several copies, and distribute to your buds to see if you can't change their minds. If unable to procure, Cliff Notes as follows: Writer goes to Nola, has 2 so-so visits to top clubs. In between that and "accidentally" going in a tranny club, pops into various music clubs, consuming many multicolored alcoholic shots/beverages, hears some good music in between. At end of night, writer barfs his guts out. DC, between reading this article nearly 2 decades ago, and now, I've had various reasonable chances to visit Nola clubs and have passed. Actually, my money is on any argument falling on deaf ears, as I suspect DC buds aren't true mongers, and are more interested in hitting music clubs, and getting shitfaced drunk.
  • Book Guy
    13 years ago
    New Orleans is my home town and current residence, but I'm sad to report, our strip club scene is pretty weak. The clubs on Bourbon Street are over-priced and under-performing; any alternatives are very distant travel and aren't really impressive by any national standards. Compared to Tampa, Miami, Toronto, San Francisco, Las Vegas, ... we're not very big cheese at all. New Orleans is a very small city (approx. 300,000 total?) and the levels of tourism and business simply can't support major adult industry. For suggestions, I'd say that Visions is your best bet for "fun" but realize that the girls aren't very glitzy there. If you're stuck in the French Quarter region, stick with Scores and Penthouse. They're glitzier, the women are up to "prime" standards (mostly), but the prices are very high. If your bachelor party is coming to New Orleans it's clearly not going to be a classic "sinful" bachelor experience. Las Vegas or Miami would have been a better choice for getting some debauchery going. New Orleans is more along the ... uh .. quaint lines. You'll love the food and the music (our Thursday night line-up has more live acts -- of high caliber! -- performing at excellent or "funky" venues than many larger cities have for all weekend). And you'll be impressed with the drinking and the promenading about with drinks in your hands and the drinking and the alcohol and a lot of the drinking. But the adult businesses are small scale. Currently, the clubs mentioned are fairly accurate to the most recent set of reviews of them. So, don't worry about the fact that Visions hasn't been reviewed in a while, for example. I agree with the previous comment that the group is likely not a bunch of experienced mongers, but rather a bunch of dudes interested in music clubs and getting shitfaced. New Orleans fills the bill. Do not get involved in street drug distribution or street prostitution. There have been several stings lately (check the local newspaper, at [view link], for more info) and there have been consistent scams in which thugs pose as hookers and prey on unsuspecting (especially drunk male tourists from out of town). Tourists can, and do, get killed here. Regularly. Welcome to my town. :)
  • harrydave
    13 years ago
    Take your strip club budget and go to better restaurants and order good bottles of wine. You will not regret it.
  • DarkCecil
    13 years ago
    I appreciate everyones insight. Yes, the reason NOLA was chosen was more for the history/atmosphere/food/music. Plus the bachelor likes to pretend to be a southern gentleman, so it works. From the sounds of it, we may or may not actually hit up any SC there. I may go 'test drive' Visions and Penthouse when I arrive though. Can't hurt to make an educated decision.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Yikes!! Doesn't sound good to me, BookGuy.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion