tuscl

Full Nudity Returns to MO SC....Briefly

joker44
In the wind
Monday, April 4, 2011 11:52 AM
Last Friday & Saturday Night full nudity made a brief but welcome reappearance at KC's Bazookas Showgirls as part of their special Frivolitease presentation. Frivolitease was a Vegas-style showgirl review of the history of the art of striptease and burlesque. Sounds hokey or boring; turned out to be anything but that. Six dancers had practiced weekly for the last several months and it showed. Moreover, props and stage sets were professionally done. The normally quiet and staid crowd erupted into cheers and applause throughout. AND because each routine was prefaced by a spoken introduction highlighting its place in the history of “showing it” and the show was a review of an accepted American art form, dancers were “exempt” from the new sc law restrictions!!! Perfect example -- full nudity during the sensuous strip and fan dance. The whole show lasted about 90 minutes. Some memorable sets: a Marilyn Monroe look-a-like in sexy form fitting white dress took it off while drinking champaigne & dancing to “Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend” Even better would have been the classic M pose trying to hold down a white skirt being blown upwards to reveal her white panties [or nothing at all! lol]. Another: Two dancers and a male doing classic sexual comedy vaudeville routine with simulated b/g and g/g sex. Flashdance routine complete with energetic dancing, strobe lights, and culminating in water spraying onto dancer making white form-fitting one-piece completely see-through. A six dancer routine using six chairs as props and featuring coordinated moves, strip, and lots of g/g action. The finale involved two long white pieces of fabric suspended from the ceiling over the patrons' area directly in front of the stage. A dancer climbed up to the ceiling and performed splits and other moves using the two pieces of fabric as support. Finally, she hung upside down and slide down the fabric to flip right-side up before reaching the floor. For the “artless” “just give me extras” crowd here rest assured the six dancers not in the show were available for LDs & VIPs during the show but I didn't see anyone take advantage. Some frat boys showed up halfway thru the show and their surprised faces said “WTF.” As MasterCard would say “Priceless.” AND DID I MENTION FULL NUDITY... Another small victory over Matt “I faint at the sight of a bare nipple” Bartle. No announced plans to repeat but judging by the reaction, BZ will. Afterward the dancers were all excited about the perfomance, one saying this was much more difficult and exciting than doing a regular stage dance. Their excitement came thru in their performances; no dull, zombie-like routines here.

3 comments

• steve229
    13 years ago
    "because..the show was a review of an accepted American art form, dancers were “exempt” from the new sc law restrictions!!! Hmm, so if my dancer and I do a Burns and Allen routinue while we're in the VIP...
  • jackoff
    13 years ago
    Joker44> Do you remember who the dancers were that performed? I have to go see that if they do it again. Did the audience tip the performers?
  • joker44
    13 years ago
    @steve229 - U could try it. let us know beforehand so we can organize donations toward UR legal defense. actually, U left out the other factor - announcer who described the routine's place in history. Sooo... if one of us could be in the VIP with U and dancer giving a blow-by-blow of UR performance in the context of all UR past perfromances....4 educational purposes, of course. @jackoff ... tipping, yeah some were, including one non-participating dancer collecting from willing patrons and throwing $$ on stage. Names? oh shit, no, only a few ...McKenzie, nipple tassle twirling and one of the 6 girl chorus. Plane Jane=Marilyn. Candice [sp?] maybe the 1 doing the "high-wire" acrobatics at thec finale & can't remember more. They had a pro taking pics and 1 dancer mentioned wanting to C herself in "the video." I'm hoping if they decide to repeat they'll post an edited video on YouTube and adv by social media. U have to C some of the action to dispel the stereotype of hokey burlesque.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion