tuscl

Fake massage parlor inspector demands rubdown

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. -- A California man is charged with demanding a rubdown and $200 while pretending to be a massage parlor inspector.

Orange County prosecutors charged Edward Justin LaPorte with felony burglary and misdemeanor counts of impersonating a peace officer and firearm violations. The 47-year-old faces arraignment Friday in Newport Beach.

Investigators say LaPorte is a former police officer from Illinois. They say he was wearing a badge when he entered the Golden Spa massage parlor in Lake Forest on Jan. 31 and told the manager he was investigating a complaint.

Prosecutors say he then complained of back pain, and a masseuse gave him a back rub before LaPorte asked for a frontal massage, which was refused.

No phone listing could be found for LaPorte and court records don't list an attorney for him.
http://www.seattlepi.com/national/1120ap…

6 comments

• Dudester
    14 years ago
    What a total dumbass. Hope he enjoys his time in the pokey and all the unpleasant things that come with it.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    I hope Bubba makes an intimate acquaintance with the pig's ass.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Newport Beach is a very nice area. Maybe his scam worked in working class suburbs, but he definitely bit off too much trying his routine in Newport.
  • jackslash
    14 years ago
    Well, they always believe me in strip clubs when I tell them I'm a bikini inspector.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Thing is, jackslash, you probably do a great job of acting. I am putting you in for an Oscar next year.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    They had to know he was full of shit his jacket read R.U.B. ME OFFicer
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion