tuscl

Strip club raid, dancer and customer arrest

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 3:35 AM
I am regular at one of top detroit SC on 8 mile rd. I heard through friend that it got raided few days back on Monday. Police arrested few customer and dancer, assuming there was some action going inside the VIP room. This is bad enough that we r all in this hobby but when u are risk of getting arrested that is worst nightmare. My understanding was that u tip bouncer when u are getting extra and they suppose to protect and warn u incase there is raid. The club owner and management need to do something when they r allowing everything in the VIP to bring business, worst thing they do not even want other dancers or customers to know about that raid took place. I always believed that it is quite safe at the high end club to get extra, believing club owner taking care of the cops. But sounds like there thinking that not many customer will know about the raid or still be coming to get extra.

13 comments

• SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Cops have even greater leverage to shake down club owners under the new rules. If managers don't pay, then there will be unscheduled and unannounced raids with customers getting arrested. A few dancers are off duty cops and have warned managers to about not paying up. Remember, the woman cop who was the dispatcher who allegedly got the distress call for the party at Manoogian Mansion is still under investigation for her alleged role in shaking down club owners while she moonlighted as a stripper. The managers, not the bouncers, are the key and they are not paying up.
  • scatterbrain
    13 years ago
    Which club on 8 Mile Rd do you speak of, golf123?
  • Gossage54
    13 years ago
    The extras clubs that I go to here in CT routinely get raided. Happens every so often, they wind up getting shut down then move to a different location and go on until the cycle continues. I agree that in very disconcerting to imagine being involved in a raid and having your name in the news etc. The last time one of these clubs got raided was on a night that I almost had wound up going. I was never so thankful to have stayed home and jerked off in my life.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Another good reason to just use clubs as a means of meeting the girls, rather than doing much of anything. I'll admit, I like to "drive before I buy" ITC to determine whether or not they're serious about OTC, but when they started talking about enforcement of the new law here, I rather significantly curtailed that practice. Doesn't seemed to have affected much, though.
  • joesparty
    13 years ago
    The rumor, posted in another thread (or maybe it was a review?) was that Penthouse was raided last week. But I've not been able to find any proof in the local news outlets. Seems to be an urban legend at this point. If anyone finds a story, please post a link. This has always been a worry, even though I try to mind my manners most of the time anyway.
  • golf123
    13 years ago
    Guys, it was penthouse on 8 mile rd, known as upscale club. it was not a rumor, I even confirmed from the bouncer. I agree with geo that it may be good place to meet girls but not doing anything itc. I hope club management donot let it happen again.
  • scatterbrain
    13 years ago
    I spoke with a Detroit dancer who confirmed the visit to Penthouse by LE. Turns out it was for serving alcohol to underage people (not sure it if was customers or dancers). Nonetheless, something to be aware of.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    If Scatterbrain's info is correct, it only confirms my worst fears about managers and their lack of foresight. Knowing that LE in Detroit might be looking for a reason to raid, why give them an easy one like serving minors. A raid warning to customers might get everyone zipped up and out of the VIP, but an ID check will nab the kids, not matter what.
  • tttclub
    13 years ago
    Not an expert, but would arrest's be made if it was underage drinking? Thought that would just be a ticket.
  • DougS
    13 years ago
    That's a HUGE fear of mine, though I usually don't think about it too much. I wonder how likley customers are to arrest when a club is raided. Usually it's the dancers and management...
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    DougS: I was in the infamous Memphis Platinum Plus during a vice raid. They issued citations to every dancer and customer in the semi private couch room. About 50 of them. I was told by a dancer that the club paid the violations for the dancers but that the customers were on their own.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    That's pretty much the way it is as Shadowcat says. If you are in the VIP, the cops will make life difficult. Otherwise, when I have been in clubs in Detroit when the Morality Unit stops in, they usually just check the dancer's licenses and take whatever corrective action they deem appropriate. Someone must not have been doing their job to allow the Morality unit to come in unknown to management. It's common knowledge in Detroit that management usually knows when a "visit" is coming and can pull dancers and customers out of the VIP areas
  • golf123
    13 years ago
    Vincemichaels: u r right that management was not doing their job. But now raid took place, it is defiantly going to impact their business. Because lot of people visit in hope of getting extra without worrying about getting arrested. Even girls will be reluctant to provide extras.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion