tuscl

Popular Romulus Strip Club Raided

ROMULUS, Mich. -- On Friday afternoon, Romulus police and the Michigan Liquor Control Commission and Immigration Agents raided the Landing Strip, a popular Romulus strip club.
Mike Brady lives near the strip club and says he saw five police cars surrounded the building.
“I don’t know who they hauled away, but they had one person in handcuffs,” said Brady.
Police arrested a 37-year-old male club employee for criminal sexual conduct and cited several young women, all of them dancers.
Police say they were minors working with expired licenses and had alcohol.
“As an employer, you have to watch your back; I’ve heard this happening at different locations,” said neighbor Brian Brow.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/26408…

11 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    Here is a news video. The rumor is that it was the owner who was arrested for sexually assaulting a dancer. http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/wayn…
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Key word is "alleged" If the owner, Subi got arrested, he'll have his day in court. "Minors having alcohol" Oh my!! LOL, I'd say just about all liquor serving establishments serve minors too. Let's close these criminals down, too. LMAO
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    The Romulus P.D. is just a few blocks west of The Landing Strip. They could've walked there.

Too bad it wasn't The Playhouse that got raided -- for the DJ cutting songs short when a customer heads to the VIP with a gal. Now that's a crime!
  • tigerfan3
    14 years ago
    No, the crime is running a strip club with underage girls. No self respecting club operator would do that. It's a shame that clubs continue to get away with that around the country. There's no need for it. Girls over 18 bring in the business just as well.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Was the 14 yr old, the one who took down two clubs last year, working at The Landing Strip? If so, that's her first take-down of '11!
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    LOL, CT. We shall see, we shall see!!
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    tigerfan3, I can't say what the minimum age is for dancers working in Romulus, but I tend to think, the arrests were more for minors being served, an issue that won't happen to you with your non-alcohol drinks based business model. CT or one of the other Detroit guys can keep us informed. Or more likely, samsung1, will find the info out. The man is amazing! We've talked about his research for industry news and I have no doubt he'll come up with more.
  • tigerfan3
    14 years ago
    I hope you're right, although a 14 year old drinking isn't good either. But the original post said something about them being dancers and the Detroit area has had a history of human trafficking with their strip clubs.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Toledo about 45 minutes away from Detroit is notorious for their human trafficking. They are typically ranked 4th in the nation, which is surprising for the smaller size of Toledo.
  • tigerfan3
    14 years ago
    I'm originally from the Detroit/Toledo area. It's sad that the area is so involved in this.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Yes, it is sad, tigerfan3. The owner of the Landing Strip also owns Subis Place over in Southgate and has run that club for a long time. He knows better, but like most of the club owners in Detroit, I and no doubt others have heard amazing stories of their business practices over the years.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion