shadowcat
December 23, 2010
Visited on: Monday Evening
Dancers on Shift: Unknown

Rating
Physical Club: 1
Dancer Quality: 1
$ Value: 1
Overall : 1.00I intended to be the first TUSCLer to review this club but it was not to happen. I will tell you what I experienced.

The club is actually located in a run down motel. There was a lighted sign on the street but once in the parking lot the entrance was hard to find. Just a small sign with an arrow that you could NOT see from a car. The were only about 5 cars in the parking lot.

I walked up to the entrance. It was a metal door with a notice taped to it that read. "Be prepared to show your membership card and have your ID ready". The instructions said to ring the bell for entrance. I did and was buzzed into a lobby. I asked the door girl what kind of club this was. She said that it was a gentlemens club and was for members only. While I was talking I noticed signs "No smoking", "2 drink minimum" and "NO TOUCHING".

She said that a membership card was $5/year. I was ready to take one for the team. $5 ain't nothing. I was curious. Then she said there is a problem. "your attire does not meet our dress code" I was wearing sweats and tennis shoes. I thanked her and said there were plenty of other clubs to go to.

My best guess is that this club is a front for prostitution. Membership, seedy motel & locked entrance. Probabbly won't be around very long.

Anybody ever run into a club like this?

11 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    "front for prostitution" makes me WANT to go there.

I had a similar experience. A strip club called Danny's Gold Fox went out of business and the new owners changed it to Lollipops. It was too fancy to be called a dive but too small to be a strip club. I went a few times when it was Danny's Gold Fox and was never impressed with it. I went to check it out for their grand opening of lollipop's. Turns out it was a $20 membership fee and a $10 cover. I got a peak inside and it looked dead. I politely told the door girl I would come back later in the night (never did though).

Then a couple months later, there was a shooting at Lollipops and a month later it went out of business. The outside signs are down and it is now just an abandon building.
  • chasman
    14 years ago
    If I had to guess, I'd say that it wasn't your sweats or tennis shoes that were the problem as much as your lack of a black leather jacket or vest with the right patch sewn on the back. The place sounds less club and more clubhouse.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago

Still partying strong at Thee Whiskey Tavern with the crew
    http://www.twitvid.com/9BBC4
  • xedin5436
    14 years ago
    "Membership" is probably just the term the club prefers to use for "cover". Lots of places around San Diego do pretty much the same thing - Once you pay the cover at Cheetah's, you don't have to pay again for a year as long as you keep the card. At the Body Shop, it's a lifetime "membership" card. Probably no big deal.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    "Still partying strong at Thee Whiskey Tavern with the crew"

White men can't rap.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    shadow, although you may be right i think you're assuming too much about that club when you haven't even been inside.

as for experiencing locked doors i can quickly think of 3 clubs in the cleveland area that have locked doors where you have to be buzzed in.
    also there's a club 60 miles west of cleveland with a similar sounding setup as you describe except the club is attached to a house. the door is locked and there is a sign that says private club outside. there are cameras overlooking the parking lot and the owner watches you as you park and walk up to the door. nobody that arrives on a motorcycle, any motorcycle, is admitted. i was also standing inside the door once when a guy wearing a tank top approached the door and the owner turned him away because of his tank top. i've been inside a few times and i guarantee that it is not a bordello. it's just a sucky run down club with zero privacy inside run by an owner that runs it the way he sees fit.

• CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    New to an area I didn't know much about, I walked into the city's main Police station and asked for the crime statistics. The desk officer said she would pull them for me but asked "What area do you want to know about?" I gave her the streets etc. and she was able to fill me in off the top of her head.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    why were you not wearing your usual shorts this time to the strip club? Am I the only one that still freezes his ass off walking in the parking lot to the club?
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    sam, good question. Answer: I was at my favorite club earlier in my usual shorts and enjoyed a BBBJ. Later I was just out to experiment. Just to check out other clubs.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Shucks, we should get a party together and check it out next month, shadowcat.
  • dw.buck
    14 years ago
    i wish i was there
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion