Return of Portland clubs?

Portland has been a city known for their large number of strip clubs. No other major city has such a density of strip clubs. However, these Portland clubs have been known to be low mileage and boring. Things seemed to have changed though with now 2 Portland clubs on the top 10 list. Anyone know what is going on in Portland to help improve these clubs?

7 comments

• CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Sam, I believe you've uncovered a flaw. If folks only attend local clubs then the variance from one market or region to another is unknown. They're comparing many clubs within a crappy lap dance city (Portland.)

Sundowner at #3?! Not on my list.

• minnow
    14 years ago
    ss1- Why don't you pm some of the reviewers that gave the most glowing reviews, ask them some pointed questions, then report back..............// I suspect CTQ is right.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I agree with CT. The TUSCL rating system is flawed. As has been pointed out in the past,you must read the body of the review.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Calling it "flawed" is probably an overstatement. "Limited" would be better. Completely aside from the subjectiveness of human opinion about everything, the regional issue CT brings up is not something that readily be incorporated into a review. At least not without a lot more specificity in the evaluation criteria than would probably be healthy for the clubs in question. :)
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I do agree there are some flaws with the TUSCL top 10...but considering not just one but two clubs from the same city made it on the top 10 list means there is something improving in portland.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Thanks to CTQWERTY for this PM but he pointed out a good review that sums up the Spyce club in PDX that is ranked #4.

trophygirl Send Private Message to trophygirl
    June 21, 2010
    Visited on: Friday After Midnight
    Dancers on Shift: 25-99

i worked at this club briefly. fast rundown: TOPLESS ONLY dances allowed at 25 bucks a pop!!! AIR DANCES-- ymmv but generally VERY LITTLE CONTACT- interesting tidbit here: oregon law allows for one way contact (the girl touching the guy)... but most clubs will fire a girl if they don't dance the way the club enforces (air dance)like this club (so much for independant contractor status!) don't do the vip half hour or hour, total scam both to the girls and the customers. the club charged my customer for the full hour even though he only wanted half, and they never returned it even after he went down personally after receiving the bank statement... i never saw my half hour payment from club, they kept it. they did this again to another of my customers when we did an hour, they added an additional 200 for tip and 85 fee---my customer came back steaming mad and accused me of doing it, i didn't do it the club did, the club also never paid me for that hour either and then they told me to keep my mouth shut to the other girls and guys about doing that if i wanted to keep my job, i was livid. i talked to one of the girls in the dressing room about it and she wispered in my ear that they did it to her too, they do it all the time- a manager came storming in the dressing room violently grabbed me by the arm and pulled me out yelling at me "i warned you not to say anything, but you didn't listen, get out and never come back" the dressing room had to be bugged for him to have heard me..... scam alert guys don't do the half and full hours... besides the rip off on the credit cards, the dances are NOT any different than on the floor -minimal contact if at all. only credit to the club, nice atmosphere lots of inexperienced girls who don't know how to give good dances, and decent drinks.... they want to get you 'loosened up' to be freeer with your spending... go elsewhere...any where else is better try cabaret around the corner, so so atmosphere, but way way better mileage FULLY NUDE FRICTION dances for $20. they are the only chain in town that lets dancers dance the way the law allows.
  • harrisemerald
    14 years ago
    Portland resident here. While it is true that Portland has a ridiculous amount of clubs, most of these are not great for two-way lap dances. Plenty of one-way grinding, sure, but your hands usually have to stay to your sides. In the past couple of years, I have noticed some clubs that are relaxing this rule due to the economy and the influx of dancers coming here from out of state with their own rules. This is a welcome change.

As for the two clubs on the top 10, IMO they are not the best clubs in PDX for lappers. Cool environments and VERY beautiful women, though. Safari has decent lappers, but Spyce is just a rip-off.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion