tuscl

Shy stripper?

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 11:22 AM
Can a girl who takes off her clothes for a living still be shy? There was this one hottie I thought was stuck-up. She didn't circulate much, and I often saw her sitting alone, looking bored. Turns out she's really sweet, just very (almost painfully) shy. So, shy stripper – an oxymoron, or have you met some too?

19 comments

• DandyDan
    14 years ago
    For the most part, yes (my ATF claims to be shy, but I don't think she really believes it), but I've known one like that. Bizarrely enough, she both looks like and has the same name as the first lady I ever had sex with, which was my only reason for asking her for a dance the first time. But she mostly just sits at a table between the stages at her club. I've even seen her reading a book at the bar.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I knew one that claimed to be shy. She would not even remove her top on stage. But it ended there. Get her in the couch room and she was anything but shy. Her TUSCL name still appears as hellaella. I just reread her 5 reviews and 5 posts going all the way back to 2004. There are 2 photos of her on my page. Ella with glasses and Ella without glasses. Hardly shy.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    steve, you answered your question in your 2nd paragraph. yes i've run into shy strippers. usually the best possibility of a stripper being shy is a girl that's just starting out as a stripper, never having done it before. some loosen up a little, some turn into wild money hounds, and some decide the job's not for them and quit after a day or two.
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    There are different kinds of shy. Some people could run naked through a crowd without hesitation but can't have a one on one conversation with a stranger. Others can't stand the attention of a crowd but are very open one on one. Anything is possible.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    My ATF has to take her glasses off when she gets on stage. She says if she wears then, and can see the people, she can't dance as well. :) She certainly *acts* shy out in public, but get her in a room, and the gloves, along with everything else, come off pretty quickly.
  • Otto22
    14 years ago
    I think there is a difference between "shy" and "introverted". I am not shy and can converse with anybody but I am also an introvert who finds such conversation exhausting. I suspect there are plenty of dancers who are introverts who, at some personal expense, must engage in behaviors that are not their natural style.
  • uscue13
    14 years ago
    I know a couple of shy dancers. They don't do the stage because it scares them. They don't make as much money as they could because they're too shy to start up convos with customers. But they're generally pretty good in the couch room. They're shy when it comes to having all eyes on them or in approaching people ... that doesn't mean they're shy when the clothes come off. You know the saying. Quiet girls are the freaks in bed
  • spandexman
    14 years ago
    A stripper once told me that when she was on stage she could turn off the crowd through music and the dark room. She had trouble actually talking to men or meeting with them however, since she had to see the person up close and just one on one. She had a master's degree in communication from the U of Washington to boot. Go figure.
  • gk
    14 years ago
    Yep. Thei energy comes more from being alone or in small groups rather than from being in a big crowd. "Shy" has nothing to do with performance. Know yourself, know your dancer.
  • tttclub
    14 years ago
    There's another part to the "shy" stripper. Look, these aren't girls that grew up in stable families with a good education from a private school. They have daddy issues, drug problems, and loser boyfriends. The one's that appear shy aren't shy, they have serious self esteem issues. Some get over it, some don't. I don't think shy is the right word. Fucked up is.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I have had mixed results with shy strippers. Some are high mileage some are not.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    Strippers come in all types.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    Never underestimate the power of the fear of being rejected. Some dancers take it a lot harder than others when it comes to being turned down for LDs over & over again. It wears of some of them pretty hard.
  • uscue13
    14 years ago
    tttclub, bad generalization there. I know strippers that didn't grow up or have the problems you described. Some actually did have a stable family, good education and morals. Those particulars fell into two categories I've found out: 1) girls that just are sexual in nature so they were drawn to it and 2) girls that liked the money better than regular jobs. But of course, there are also plenty that fall into your generalization as well
  • tttclub
    14 years ago
    Yes it was a generalization and I know some strippers come from normal families, without drug problems, etc. It was meant to me another view on why some of these girls seem shy in an industry where you wouldn't think it would be normal. Location makes a huge difference too. I've been to clubs in Vegas, Florida, Texas, North Carolina, and here in Detroit. At the Texas club I visited, I met probably 4 or 5 dancers and they seemed like completely "normal" women. Visit a few clubs in the Detroit area, and you'll see that my generalization is more the norm than the exception. There are 2 types of girls in strip clubs, dancers, and prostitutes. In the Detroit area, 80% are option b. Right or wrong, it's a valid viewpoint for some of these girls.
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    I have met some strippers who I thought seemed a bit shy. Not all dancers who are reluctant to take off their top are considered shy by me. I believe many of them keep their tops on in one club if no one is coming up to tip them. I find that to be a bit ridiculous at times especially if I've tipped a dancer a few times during the night but she's waiting for someone to tip first when she goes back up on stage before removing her top. Lots of guys won't tip if the top doesn't come off first. So the dancer isn't getting tips and the guys don't see what they paid to see.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    ^ catch22
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    I'm one of those who doesn't generally tip until something comes off, especially if it's someone I've not seen before. If it's someone I know, I'll sometimes go up, and then they generally start stripping.
  • MarkShadow06
    14 years ago
    steve, what club was this shy stripper in? think I may know who u are talking about. We seem to be in the same strip club area.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion