tuscl

Two strip clubs directly next door to each other

Here in Columbus, there is a street corner in a nice part of town (Sawmill and Bethel Rd) that has two strip clubs right next door to each other. Columbus Gold and Vanity. Vanity used to be a BYOB juice bar after hours place so the two buildings worked out nice. Now that Vanity is full liquor bar as well they are in direct competition, even share the same parking lot.
Any other examples of this? Enough business to go around? Lots of promotions and freebies that benefit the customers?

13 comments

• LeeH
    14 years ago
    Here in Atlanta on Fulton Industrial Blvd there are 3 within a stone's throw of each other. Two full-blown SCs (one right behind the other) and a bikini bar across the street. I have no damn idea what they were thinking.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    In one of our suburbs, Inkster, just down the road from each other, across the street are Bogarts and The Flight Club. Each club does well, The Flight Club is an expensive high end club,
    Bogarts is a dive in comparison. Each club does well, both offer exceptionally high mileage. Gentleman, take your pick.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    In Mexico it is quite normal to see all of the strip clubs in a town or city within walking distance of each other. I have seen as many as 20 clubs grouped together in the Zona Roja in Acapulco.
  • txtittyfan
    14 years ago
    It seems to work well for fast food establishments.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    It's going to be true here in Louisville too, with a new juice bar club opening up soon right next door to the alcohol serving Bottoms Up. There's supposedly a couple clubs right downtown that are in the same building, but I've never been to either of them.
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    I think I remember that Mons Venus is right across the road from another club.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    For years, in Key West, Teasers (one of my favorite clubs of all time) was right next door to Bare Assets on Truman. Teasers was, by far, the better of the two. A few years ago Teasers move downtown to Duval as Teasers 2. I believe that for a short time Teasers was at both locations, ergo, the 2. I've not been to Bare Assets since, but reviews indicate it has greatly improved. I've been to Teasers 2 a couple of times, and it is a step down compared to is Truman location, IMHO.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    In San Diego, the Body Shop and Les Girls are next door to each other.

Houston law prohibits SC's from proximity, but St. James and Houston Dolls barely comply with a 1/3 mile distance.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    No body has mentioned "the block" in Baltimore. I have not been there but I understand that there are 20 strip clubs in the 400 block of East Baltimore St.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    the new hustler club in cleveland is right next to diamond's mens club.
    funny thing is i've been to the hustler club that opened in june a few times and i've never been to diamond's which has been there for many years.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    Come to think of it, in San Francisco, there are several clubs very close to each other on Market street.
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    ESL is that way in many places. Brooklyn has 4 or 5 clubs plus a massage parlor in a two square block area. WP has 3 clubs in close proximity near the interstate; two more over on the east side near the RR tracks, and C-Mowes and Chameleon shared a fenced-in parking lot in the old days. Both clubs burned and only C-Mowes rebuilt, but there are a couple of new clubs within a few hundred feet now. Centreville has three clubs at the intersection of a couple of rural highways. One club is male dancers only...so for most of us, it doesn't count.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "Any other examples of this? Enough business to go around? Lots of promotions and freebies that benefit the customers?"

It is very common in downtown Montreal along Ste-Catherine Street to see two strip clubs right next door to each other. Many times, these two clubs are affiliated with each other as well, like Club Super Sex & Club Super Contact. Of course, there's plenty of business to go around for everyone in the city, but other than having a few theme nights (mostly related to sporting events), I haven't seen many "promotions and freebies" from the downtown Montreal strip clubs.

In the Albany, NY area, there are two venues (Sheer Pleasure & Shenanigans Gentlemen's Club) that are right next door to each other & are also affiliated with each other. The former is basically a jack shack where dancers mostly from the latter do LDs. I can't say that either place does a great business, but they do have a few specials that they run pretty consistently (most involve a night every month where they have "fantasy limo rides" where "anything goes").

There's a small adult entertainment complex in RI around a few strip clubs (Cheaters, Balloons & Studio 253 Adult Emporium), a gay night club, and an adult video store. The area has always been packed (with parking mostly being hard to find), but I've never heard of any "promotions and freebies" down there.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion