tuscl

Missouri Club Owners Unite to Override New SC Law

mmdv26
Florida
Wednesday, August 11, 2010 3:35 AM

5 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    Things are just as bad here in Ohio. There is a major court decision tied up in the courts about strip clubs. Some cities are enforcing it (Columbus) while others are less strict about enforcing it.
  • DoctorDarby
    14 years ago
    I thought we lost the court case. Maybe they filed another one. I think the enforcement is really hit and miss because nobody really wanted the law in the first place except the douchebags in Cincinnati who threatened to put it on a referendum (and wouldn't that have been a doozy--it would have killed the whole industry). I'm not sure the courts are gonna save us; only a repeal will undo it.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Forbes published a top 20 list of the most miserable cities in the USA. Guess which state had the most cities listed? Ohio with 5 cities listed (Cleveland, Canton, Akron, Toledo, Youngstown). Missouri was another state that had a couple miserable cities. it is like the people are so miserable here they have to take it out on the people having fun (strip clubbers) 1. Cleveland 2. Stockton 3. Memphis 4. Detroit 5. Flint 6. Miami 7. St. Louis 8. Buffalo 9. Canton 10. Chicago 11. Modesto 12. Akron 13. Kansas City 14. Rockford 15. Toledo 16. New York 17. Sacramento 18. Youngstown 19. Gary 20. Philadelphia [view link]
  • harrydave
    14 years ago
    Here's the thing about Columbus. It is one city I travel to where I can be guaranteed of a great evening, mostly OTC, because the clubs are generally mild or pathetic. The business of satisfying the urge to merge has just moved away from the regular strip clubs.
  • harrydave
    14 years ago
    BTW, there are a couple of cities on that list I would say are definitely not miserable with respect to strip clubs, and that would be Detroit and Miami. And while St. Louis may be miserable, East St. Louis is a veritable treasure trove of raunchiness.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion