tuscl

Indy in August

georgmicrodong
Just a fat, creepy old pervert.
The annual nerdfest is the first full weekend in August this year, and while I didn't think I was going to be able to go, it turns out that I might be able to after all. The problem is that by now, all the decent, close hotels have been booked since about January. My completely off-topic question is are there any accommodations to be had anywhere near the convention center that wouldn't already be booked, or overpriced, for that weekend? I'd prefer to avoid violence and most criminal activity, but "disreputable" isn't *automatically* a disqualification.

12 comments

• Dudester
    14 years ago
    What are you talking about? Could it be comicon?
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    GenCon.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    And hear I thought the "Pants required" sign posted for NASCAR weekend at an Indy hotel was something...
  • racejeff
    14 years ago
    Was just talking about this event with a dancer last weekend as we discussed how the club went about promoting for the special events in town with the Indy 500 coming up. Last year they were passing out free entry pass cards for the Gold Club downtown during it.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    also I think there might be a free admission pass to BBF on their website you can print off
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Honestly, if I'm gonna spend the money on GenCon, I'm gonna want to go to GenCon. Not to say there won't be a side trip or two involved, but a geek's gotta do what a geek's gotta do.

'Sides, I've seen quite a few ladies of negotiable virtue in the cons themselves over the years, so there's usually not much reason to go outside if one doesn't want to. :)
  • fetish_dancer
    14 years ago
    Nice to see you'll be in Indy, gmd. :) Enjoy yourself!
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Ah, but now that you're not dancing any more my dear, it'll be a much less intersting trip...

:-)
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    OK, I give up, maybe I missed it but what is this event all about??
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    It's a convention for those interested in role playing games, both publishers and players. Like Dungeons & Dragons, only a *lot* more than that one these days.
  • fetish_dancer
    14 years ago
    aww, thanks. The only 'con' I ever heard of was comicon. The costumes in that were fun :D
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Yeah, most of these types of conventions, whether sci-fi, comics, game, anime, etc, have a rather high tolerance for, and acceptance of, cos play. My favorites, of course, are the barbarian slave women. :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion