tuscl

New gentlemen's club? in South Carolina

Saturday, April 3, 2010 8:36 AM
If someone could help me here I would appreciate it. I thought I heard on the radio an advertisement for a club called Club Fantasy. However I live in the upstate of South Carolina and the only Club Fantasy I found on this site listed one near Charleston. That doesn't make sense since my radio signal was coming in loud and clear. I'm starting to wonder if I'm taking a trip into the twilight zone here.

9 comments

• casualguy
    14 years ago
    My guess is that the radio signal I was listening to was bouncing or something and I heard a radio station from the beach on the same frequency as one I usually listen to in the upstate. The only club I could find is in the Charleston area with that name. Plus they stay open until 6AM like the radio ad was talking about (at least on the weekend). I've heard stranger things on the radio. One day or two I believe I heard a radio station in a foreign language as if it was coming from Cuba or somewhere. I'm not sure what kind of conditions have to be present for FM signals to bounce like that. Either that or I'm at twilight zone central.
  • Shekitout
    14 years ago
    Ad must have been for Fantasy Island on Two Notch Road, a black strip club-not that there's anything wrong with that!
  • sanitago
    14 years ago
    you're probably right about hearing the signal from a radio from a distant station. given the right conditions, it's pretty easy to do, even for an FM station. got to remember, those things kick out anywhere from a few thousand to a few tens of thousands of watts of signal, and they're usually high up, so it doesn't take a lot of help to get them to travel a long, long ways. hell, I once knew a guy who told me he'd picked up a TV station in western Canada from Wisconsin!
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    It coulb be Savanahs. It has changed names3 times in the last year or so.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Vanity used to be called Pure Platinum, Club X used to be called Xcalibur, Dreamgirls used to be called Sirens, etc. Columbus strip clubs seem to have a high turnover for mgmt and they are constantly changing the names to draw new business. Changing the name of the club is usually because of legal reasons or marketing reasons.
  • casualguy
    14 years ago
    I'm pretty sure the club name was either Fantasy Club or Club Fantasy. There is a Club Fantasy near Charleston. I noticed I heard this on the radio during the middle of the night and anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour later, the radio signal suddenly changed or drifted in the middle of a song back to the normal upstate radio station. I never thought I would hear some distant radio station so clearly on one of the normal stations for something else. It was a bit weird. Sort of like a number zero popping up on my tv screen during one tv show the other night as well. The only thing I could think of for that was a bright flare in the tv show must have triggered something on my tv.
  • Shekitout
    14 years ago
    samsung1: He's talking about Columbia, SC not Columbus, OH. casualguy: Not aware of Club Fantasy in Chaleston but will check the listing on TUSCL.
  • Shekitout
    14 years ago
    No Club Fantasy in Charleston listed.
  • Shekitout
    14 years ago
    Found Club Fantasy listed in North Charleston.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion