tuscl

2 stabbed outside Lawrence strip club

Two area men were stabbed outside a strip club early this morning near Lawrence. They were treated at Overland Park Regional Medical Center, neither for life-threatening injuries, said Sgt. Steve Lewis of the Douglas County Sheriff's Department.

Lewis said the stabbing occurred around 12:30 a.m. outside the Outhouse, located just east of Lawrence. No suspect is in custody, but authorities are searching for a white male with short brown hair. He was a passenger in a dark SUV.

Anyone with any information is urged to call the Lawrence TIPS hotline at 785-843-8477 or 785-843-TIPS.

Sunday March 14, 2010
Read more: http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/…

3 comments

• mmdv26
    15 years ago
    The perpetrator was probably a pissed-off K-State fan.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    I have been there several times and if it's on a weekend, there always seems to be some sort of trouble there. If you ever go there, it can be crammed real tight, and I don't know what the official capacity for that building is, but it's probably been exceeded each time I go there on a Friday or Saturday. And since you can smoke inside in Kansas establishments (a rule which seems at odds with the fact Kansas never officially approved the end of Prohibition), I'm surprised it hasn't burned down yet. Lord only knows how old that building is.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if what mmdv26 said was true, especially since KU won for the third time against K-State.

Incidentally, I vaguely recall an official posting of rules at the Out House, and one of them is, more or less, "no weapons". Of course, they can keep it in their vehicle.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "And since you can smoke inside in Kansas establishments (a rule which seems at odds with the fact Kansas never officially approved the end of Prohibition)"

Huh...what does smoking indoors have to do with a ban on Prohibition that was repealed nationally in 1993?? Kansas has apparently been allowing the sale of liquor by the drink (on-premises) since 1987.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion