tuscl

Champagne room at Flashdancers, NYC

Sunday, February 14, 2010 8:04 PM
Can someone please let me know what their experiences were at the champagne room at Flashdancers? I don't really like paying $600 to find out it's a dud. More specifically, I'd like to know if the girl you go in with stays with you the entire hour and if the price of LDs are already covered in the champagne room fee, or do you have to pay separately?

18 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    No matter what a stripper tells you there is NO SEX in the champagne room, NONE. -Chris Rock The listed price of champagne rooms are usually the bare minimums. Remember the girls want to feel special so they want a tip. The waitress bringing you drinks/champagne wants a tip. The bouncer will want a tip. It will add up to $700-800 before you know it. "The champagne room costs over $600/hour (same rate for cash or cc; includes drinks), but isn't a private room. It's a secluded area in the back that has several chairs/tables, so when the place is packed, you can be sharing it with as many as 6-7 other couples. YMMV, but don't expect to round third base. You can also take waitresses to the back if you're interested. " Also I read " the dancers quoted different prices for the VIP Room (champagne rooms). Range was $400 TO $650 PER HOUR!! Way overpriced, as you don't get much more for the money than you would for the $20 dances on the sides of the main room. ". Sound like a major rip off. I would avoid it.
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    But we all know Chris isn't exactly accurate there.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    "Drinks are expensive, at least 10 for beer, more for liquor. I say you can get the value of your money in the champagne room (the private dance and the drinks). Day is about $414, night is almost $600. There's the blue room which is pretty much all-private, about $1500, but I do hear that most girls would not push you to do that given the high cost. The champagne room is semi-private and they would rather stay with you for 3 hours instead of one in the blue room. " ". I'm not sure if they get part of it but alot of dancers ask you to buy them drinks the few times I've been there. The champagne room is $500 for an hour. I've done this a few times, but its really not worth it. I just get lapdances now, if i want a champagne room there are places that don't charge such a premium. " I found these quotes by skimping through the flashdancer reviews 26-125
  • Slin
    14 years ago
    Yeah....I have also seen those same reviews while doing research. My main concern is whether you still have to pay for dances while you are in the champagne room. I had assumed that you are covered after dropping so much money.
  • Player11
    14 years ago
    What a ripoff. The Lifetime VIP membership I have at a SE Houston Club cost me $800. I pay no fee to enter VIP or CR and extras are very plentiful at this club. POP has varied ITC between $100 - $300 depending on girl. I would luv to have some gal at Flashdancers try to proposition me to pay $600 just to go into VIP there. I would put the bitch in her place and say "Honey if you want to make some money we can go to motel for FS for $200."
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    Player11---that's a heck of a deal. So you just tip the girl?
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    slin, it is probably a "your mileage may vary" sort of thing. Some dancers are fine with taking the base price and dancing for you. Others expect to feel special and will upsell you to keep tipping her. For example, I went back to the VIP at Club X (only $40 so not losing big on this) and then the dancer was like "if you want to touch then you have to tip" What a rip off. That dancer ended up getting fired a couple months later for getting into a fight with another dancer. I am glad that bitch is gone.
  • minnow
    14 years ago
    Slin- Did you think of pming other FD reviewers, or just calling the club & asking them. I don't think any regular DB posters have ever been to FD.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "I would put the bitch in her place and say 'Honey if you want to make some money we can go to motel for FS for $200.'" LOL...and they'd reply, "Bitch, this is Manhattan, not TX!" :)
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Yeah, Manhattan's a little pricey.
  • newmark
    14 years ago
    You do not have to pay for dances on top of the VIP charge. You do, however, have to pay for drinks. Also keep in mind that the dancer, the hostess, and the waitress will all expect tips. If you are there in the afternoon when it isn't crowded, you might get put in an un-occupied VIP room if you are real nice to the hostess. I have done this before. It definitely increases the feeling of intimacy. I have been back several times, and mileage was always a little ahead of what you could get on the floor, but not nearly what you'd really want for that money. Their sister club, Private Eyes, has a similar VIP setup that is a little less expensive and a little better mileage. The drawback there is that the girls aren't Flashdancers girls.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Here are some more reviews on flashdancers that might be helpful: [view link] As newmark mentioned, the VIP charge includes dances but not drinks and tipping, which will easily add an extra $100 to the base price. Good luck with your decision making..let us know if you do end up doing it. Personally I would not pay that much except for special occasions, but to each their own.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    "Yeah, Manhattan's a little pricey." I suppose that if you're a Wall Street hi-roller (e.g. Goldman Sachs average 2009 bonus ~$600K), dropping $600 for a CR is like one of us working stiffs getting a couple lap dances.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Steve, don't you think there's a bunch of ex-Lehman and Bear Stearn's employees hiding around the corner for the Goldman crew?
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I wonder how many strippers at flashdancers are ex-lehman and bear workers
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    I remember readings an article (that might have even been posted here) about a girl that was making a name for herself as a NYC stripper/blogger who was a former Wall Streeter.
  • arbeeguy
    14 years ago
    Flashdancers is for wealthy naive tourists, and wealthy Wall Street types who have oodles of cash practically falling out of their pockets. This TUSCL discussion board is for practical minded players who are looking for "value". I don't think you are going to find any "value" at Flashdancers. I would avoid the VIP at Flashdancers completely as it is a guaranteed ripoff. Thing is -- the wealthy tourists and wealthy wallstreeters don't give a shit so they may well not even feel like they have been ripped off.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    misterguy, "Original post: As the ranks of Wall Streeters thin, it seems inevitable that stripper salaries will go down. But at this point, there's still enough business that a laid off banker can do pretty well pole dancing. You know, at least for the female ones. NYP: Randi Newton, 28, who lives in Midtown, was a financial analyst at Morgan Stanley before the crash but was fired. "A few nights after I got laid off, I went with friends to a strip club to get drunk and forget my unemployment troubles," Newton said. "The manager offered me a job as a dancer. I thought it was different. And fun." Today, Newton, who calls herself an "independent contractor," pole dances at Rick's Cabaret (RICK) in Murray Hill three or four nights a week and says she makes "$160,000 a year on tips alone." "It was very odd seeing a strip club being better run than a major brokerage firm, not to mention I've never had problems with sexual harassment at Rick's," she said. " [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion