tuscl

Is Having a Favorite Cheating?

In a 2009 Florida State University study, 94 percent of women said that if their partner became involved with someone else, they'd be more upset if he bonded emotionally with that woman than if he bonded physically. "Confiding in another woman signals an emotional attachment," says Jon Maner, Ph.D., the study's coauthor. "From an evolutionary standpoint, the possibility of a man investing his affection, energy, and resources in someone else is a big reproductive threat for a woman, even bigger than the possibility of his engaging in casual sex."

So, even if your SO is cool with (or at least tolerates) your occasional SC visit to see naked women in general, she may have entirely different feelings if she knew you were going to see one particular girl again and again. It's the whole idea of having an emotional connection (even if it is probably just a one way connection).

So, what do you think – is having a favorite, even if extras or OTC is not involved, a form of cheating?

13 comments

• gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Simple answer, no. If someone feels it is, they should stay home.
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    Are there really losers in this world so pathetic that they think have "bonded emotionally" with the lying, thieving whores?
  • Philip A. Stein
    15 years ago
    Yeap, that's my wife. Go grope all I want, no problem; talk to a stripper, now I'm walking the thin line.
  • Player11
    15 years ago
    IDK about emotional bonding with a stripper. Lets face it she could dump you any time for a BBD. I like my ATF bc of her superior performance in bed, her intelligence, great personality, drug free, and no drama. As far as what a wife or s/o would think they are not need to know about my SC fun so frankly I don't give a damn. My relationship with strippers resembles more of a college coach / star WR relationship. Sooner or later they graduate. But when players leave the team there is always recruiting. One door closes, another opens.
  • neoguy
    15 years ago
    The quick answer is, no. It is not cheating. What it could lead to though is cheating. If my favorite would let me, you better believe I would cheat, and not feel guilty one bit.

So then the true answer is yes, for me!
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I have heard that even just the thought of cheating is considered immoral! I think OTC is cheating but anything that happens in the club stays in the club.
  • brewerfan
    15 years ago
    I think that if you fuck another woman, stripper or not, it's cheating!! Strippers, to me, are normal people and normal girls. They just have big time issues. Cuz there's too many non-strippers that are so fucked in the head!!
  • georgmicrodong
    15 years ago
    It's only cheating if you promised not to do it. That applies whether the subject emotional attachment, outright sex, or chewing gum.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    It really doesn't matter what the guy thinks or how he sees it. The woman's view will determine what happens. If she thinks it's cheating, she will act accordingly and no attempt at redefinition or explanation matters to her at all.
  • georgmicrodong
    15 years ago
    superdude: Good thingy wife and I agree on that definition then, huh?
  • lopaw
    15 years ago
    If my SO found out about my SC excursions in general, she'd kill me. If she found out I was also emotionally involved, she'd dig me up & kill me all over again.

• steve229
    15 years ago
    jamie1 said:

"I think that if you fuck another woman, stripper or not, it's cheating!!"

Well, I think that's pretty black and white. I was posting more about the "gray area" of having a dancer you see regularly for laps, assorted groping and conversation (but no extras or OTC involved).

Would you or (more importantly, as some as noted) your wife/GF consider that cheating?
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    It might be a good idea to discuss what is cheating before you get married. If she says you can go screw as many strippers and others as much as you want but if I see you confiding in her, that's cheating. Then you'll have your answer. I like this definition of cheating better than the old way.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion