tuscl

the greatest thing ever invented! the IGNORE button

GRENDELZ
Florida
thanks guys! if my blind ass hadn't missed the ignore button in the first place. But, again thanks guys

8 comments

• chandler
    15 years ago
    I see that as a solution, not a problem. I'd be far more likely to miss something good in the time I would spend having to scroll through all the junk I can ignore with one easy click. Just like using a spam filter allows me to read more email that interests me, not less. I mean, theoretically, a chimp with a typewriter could bang out something worth reading, but at some point you have you have to be selective about what you spend time reading.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    chandler,

You look at it as a solution, I don't. Perhaps that is why founder had the foresight to make "Ignore" selective! I have no concern for how anyone uses it, but was just pointing out a disadvantage to doing so, not telling him he should use it.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    I just went ahhh, I looked for that the other day and could not see it when I wanted it. Now I see I would be dead if it was a deadly snake. Right underneath the name. I wanted to use it just so I didn't see a certain pic.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Dont feel bad, I missed the Ignore button too. I also was stupid to think by trying to get him/them to stop would actually work, but Ignore button is the best thing to use.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Only one problem with the ignore. You MAY miss something good. Anyone here might post something at any time that interests you.
  • DoctorDarby
    15 years ago
    I certainly would reserve its use for extreme cases (as in the recent spate of off-topic, policial trolls) rather than tag regular posters who annoy me. The great thing about a discussion is watching it grow; cutting out someone in the middle makes no sense and detracts from the purpose. Howeverk, it was nice to just ignore those useless topics (and the ding-dong who posted them) from the list. Now if we can just get our guys to stop starting new threads to bitch about the trolls, we'll be in good shape . . .
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    DD,

You might not agree with the postings or that they were posted here, but there was some good and factual information contained in them.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Threads bitching about trolls are fine from time to time if they serve a purpose other than hand wringing. In this case, they familiarized some users with the ignore function, which helps deny trolls the attention they seek.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion