tuscl

Pickled eggs...

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Yeah, I know off topic but with revelance. gridget loves my home made eggs. TUSCL_Brother hates them. So who do I want to crawl into bed with? 4 generations of my family have eaten here.

http://www.joejosts.com/eggs.html

13 comments

• samsung1
    15 years ago
    One of the local strip clubs here (Kahoot's) has a "Legs & Eggs" menu for their breakfast items. I never knew eggs went so good with eggs!
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    are pickled eggs the same as deviled eggs?
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    Pickled Eggs from Joe Jost's bar in Long Beach, CA.

1 dozen eggs
    2 C white vinegar
    3 Tablespoons sugar
    1 teaspoon pickling spice
    1 1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 clove garlic, finely chopped
    ( I used minced in a jar...)
    1 jar jalepeno peppers

I have never had the pickled eggs there, but they had a great "Joe's Special" sandwich and cold schooners of beer.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    gatorfan, NO but if you like deviled eggs (I make them too)chances are good that you would like pickled eggs.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    shadowcat,

I would have to disagree. I LOVE a good deviled egg, but I can't even get past the smell of pickled eggs. How about trying one of those duck eggs they eat in Asian, complete with beak, eyes, and feathers?

Also, not so much off topic. I've been in a strip club where they have boiled eggs out almost like some places have peanuts. I can't remember where it was, but likely somewhere in Florida.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I've had deviled eggs before they're ok, I'm not a big time egg eater.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    tx, I have to question the validity of the recipe. In the pics on there site the eggs have a yellow tint to them. This would not happen with white vinegar. You need cider vinegar for that. Second another picture shows yellow chilies. Not jalapenos and since I have eaten a ton of them there, I know that they are yellow chilies. I even ate the chilies.

I sure wish I knew what brand of polish sausage they use. I haven't been able to duplicate in in any grocery store.

Btw an article in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution rated it in the top 10 beer bars is the U.S.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    Scat, the recipe was directly from their website. The bar does have a wide following. Being from LB I used to have one of their shirts. I have even seen people in Houston and Moncton, New Brunswick wearing them.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    tx, I am not doubting you, BTW I was born in LB and graduated from Wilson High school. I lived in the Belmont Shore area.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    Scat, I went to Jordan, my brother and cousins went to Wilson. You probably remember the AI (Acapulco Inn) on 2nd st. I am a few years younger than you.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    Scat, If not mistaken, I think they either made their own sausage or had it made for them. Since you are an old fart from back then, do you remember when Fritz was on Carson by LBCC, and the Thirsty Isle? The old Fritz was my first SC.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Anybody know how to make good guacamole?
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    tx, I was in the 1961 graduating class. There weren't any strip clubs around then. At least not in SO CAL. Topless bar maids were just coming onto the scene. We did make several 3 hour drives to TJ (no freeways back then. I did attend LBCC. I met my Air Force recruiter there. One of my friends father was dean of adult education there. Bob Crow, vice mayor of LB was a friend of the family. He was the one that went to England and negotiated the sale of the "Queen Mary". I have a shit house full of memories/stories. I hope that we can meet up some day to swap them.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion