tuscl

Perfect Gentlemen = PL?

When a dancer thanks you for being a “perfect gentlemen,” do you take that as:
A) a compliment for knowing how to treat a lady and still have a good time, or
B) a sign that something has gone horribly wrong and the other guys are getting higher mileage than you?

20 comments

• DoctorDarby
    15 years ago
    I have always considered it a compliment (and still do), but since joining this board I now am beginning to realize that I may have been too deferential and too cheap to enjoy the kind of mileage that's apparently out there. I still think being a nice guy is the best way to deal with dancers (or any women) but ya' gotta know when to make your lecherous wishes known and take advantage (with proper compensation of course) of those willing to fulfill them.
  • how
    15 years ago
    When she thanks me for being a perfect gentleman after I just came inside her, I don't worry that something went wrong.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I consider it C) she knows more than 5 letter words

If a dancer calls me a CA = Complete Asshole, do I take that as I received the highest possible mileage and therefore a compliment?

Doctor Phil says try reading less into things, strippers say anything. I'm more interested in what they do.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    I always try to treat the dancers with the respect they think they deserve. It makes it easier to get more bang for your buck. Just as we customers appreciate the girls that can carry on a conversation, they also appreciate customers that can do the same. It also helps to not cum all over them.
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    It's going to depend on the girl. If it's one of the high hustle/playing the stripper role types then, yes, it will generally mean she thinks you are a passive dope she can string along and sucker out of his money without doing any real work for it. She complements you because she thinks you'll take her as sincere and keep acting that way to get more of these complements (rather than extras) as your reward.

Now for the nicer types, you can take it as a legitimate complement but still work toward fucking, of course. IME, it is the nicer strippers who are more likely to do the high mileage than the hustlers who are looking to score money for nothing.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Like I said, there's too much reading into everything a stripper says. Some will believe everything is part of the game of customer trying to fuck the stripper and stripper trying to extract as much cash from the customer without fucking. I happen to believe words are words and if the girl offers sex, there's no 25 step process of "Did I say the right thing to her? Should I have said something else? I will get sex on my lap dance #50" These are all very flawed beliefs and you probably should consider a different hobby because you are too into strip clubs.
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    gatorfan is right, to a certain extent. They either fuck their customers or they don't, and the guys who think they are "winning them over" by what they say, building trust, whatever are real dopes and too into it.

That being said, it is probably good for newbies to have to rules to quickly filter those who very likely won't from those who very likely will.

At some point it all becomes quite intuitive, or, to make it sound a bit Zen like, you just know without knowing.
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    On a more fundamental level, however, I think that gatorfan's belief that there is something inherently wrong with trying to analyze the psychological and sociological aspects of strip clubs is itself a deeply flawed belief. There are interesting things one can learn that have broader applicability outside of strip clubs but which are demonstrated very prominent in strip clubs.

When you boil it all down, however, if you have fun thinking about such things, just do it. Who is gatorfan to tell you otherwise?
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    And some may be reading too much into tongue-in-cheek posts...
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    steve229- it's interesting you say tongue-in-cheek, but there's alot of truth to how some strip club goers think. I've read posts in different forums which seriously beg the question whether the person understands the difference between the fantasy versus reality.

Dougster- No Zen philosophical inferences to be made by my comment, nor am I telling anyone what to do. I am again only commenting on the line between the fantasy and the reality and not towards the psychology of strippers or strip clubs (which actually can be an interesting subject). I'm sure you'd agree there's quite a bit of distorted realities with some people who become a little too obsessed with these clubs. Please dont take my comments as to be in some way knowing more than anyone else, I think it's fair to say none of us could ever claim to understand all strippers, which would be the same to say understanding all women.
  • Otto22
    15 years ago
    While I have always tried to behave as a gentleman, I wonder if I sometimes give the impression that I am naive and a PL. Once, at Industrial Strip in Hammond, a dancer asked me if this was the first time I had ever received a LD. WUWT? Guess she expected me to grab at her kitty even after she instructed me that it would not be permitted. Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess. Nevertheless, I still prefer to treat the girls with respect and be perceived as a "gentleman." I can live with that.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    Customer/Dancer interaction is all a game. How well you do, depends upon how well you play. Each club has different rules for playing and scoring. The key is being able to determine your outcome quickly and cut your losses. Know when to move on.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    I wouldn't take it as a comment on a lack of mileage so much as a lack of clumsy, loutish treatment, both physically and verbally. I wouldn't necessarily consider it that great a compliment. It's like being told thanks for not being a total scumbag. If you truly were a perfect gentleman, you wouldn't be in a strip club.
  • Player11
    15 years ago
    I treat them like a queen. I would take her statement about being a perfect gentleman as a compliment.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I would have thought about that Wyclef Jean song titled "Perfect Gentlemen" after hearing that "compliment" from her. That is like a strip club anthem song but I don't hear it played in SCs anymore.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Perfect Gentleman

(This one's goin' out to the strip joints
    Yo, meet me at Suzy's Rendez-vous
    For every Go-Go Bar
    I'ma send this one out to the gentlemen's clubs
    Magic City, New York dogs, Rolex
    I be seeing y'all up in there late at night
    I understand when your girl is stressing you out
    (Crazy girls) Know what I'm saying?
    Don't let the ladies fool y'all now, fellas
    They be doin' the same thing y'all be doin'
    Turn up my symphony, man.
    Turn up my symphony!

Just 'cuz she dances go-go
    It don't make her a ho, no
    Maxine, put your dance shoes on
    We going to the disco
    We gonna ???? to Meeeexico
    Called up my mama, said I'm in love with a stripper, yo

[Verse 1]
    Ten grand, let me see you shake it like you got no
    bones in your body and you was made to be a celebrity
    Twenty grand, know it's a sin, but before me you show
    me a little more skin it would fulfill my fantasy
    Thirty grand, to the highest bidder but Chris Rock
    said, 'There's no sex in the champaigne room'
    Forty grand, looked into her eyes, I saw tears falling
    down, type of tears that money couldn't buy

Excuse me, what is your name?
    Uh, my name is Hope, yo
    I was blessed with the body of the Goddesses
    Have you any idea how hard this is?
    I could flex in 25 positions
    But I only work here to pay my tuition
    Yo, tantalizing teaser
    Table-top pleaser
    Give me what I need a
    Mastercard a Visa
    Lap dance fantasy
    Picture us on and on white canopy
    Wyclef extended his hand to me
    Like Billy D. said he's feelin me
    Take me away from here, so far
    Where they ride horses, no cars
    No more stripping in bars
    Me and you 'Clef, against the odds

(Yo a lot of y'all sitting with y'all girls
    fronting like the budweiser commercial
    Talking bout, 'IIIIIII, I don't be going to the strip joints'
    You lying man! You'd be surprised who you see up in there man.
    I got one question for you liars, man)

Shot callers, Wasn't you a preacher?
    You calling her a hooker? He without sin cast the first stone.
    I met her on the subway, she gave me that VIP card
    And told me if I ever have problems,
    Don't hesitate to come by, yeah, yeah, yeah

Call up my mama said I'm in love with a stripper yo!
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    Compliments are much better than the opposite.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    I always assumed the name of that song was "I'm in Love With a Stripper". Do the words "perfect gentleman" even appear in the lyrics? I declare, kids these days and their wacky song titles....
  • uscue13
    15 years ago
    Gatorfan, the part before Mexico is "elope". We're going to elope to mexico, called up my momma said i'm in love with a stripper
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I cut and pasted the lyrics right from a web-site, you may be right.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion