tuscl

Are Texas (DFW) strip clubs all the same?

Monday, July 13, 2009 10:59 AM
Alright, after being in the miltary (2nd Ranger Batt. What up'.) and moving around throughout training, schools, etc., I had the opportunity to visit several clubs throughout various states. I've met an abundance of "ladies of the pole" along these ventures too. Army Rangers and stippers are creatures bound by fate. lol.... Anyways, after getting out and returning to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area of course I wondered into the local strip clubs. I've been to three seperate clubs, and everyone one of them is the same. They're all packed full of dudes in suits telling BS stories about how bad ass they are, and the dancers who either eat it up or have a equally ridiculous story. Seriously, everyone in these places are "cage fighters", "special operations soldiers" (ironically, lol), or stripping until they finish med or law school. The atmospheres are so fake it's hard not to finish your drink, bounce, go to a normal bar, and remind yourself that not everyone is as sad and as desperate as the people living strip club fantasy lives. lol. Being back in Texas has truly given me a different opinion of strip clubs. Does anyone else have a different take? I'm curious.

16 comments

• steve229
    15 years ago
    Can't help with DFW clubs. As retired military turned "suit," all I can say is "welcome to the real world, bro." (And yeah, strippers do love grinding on Rangers.)
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    I don't think the phenomenon you mention is limited to strip clubs. It seems much more prevalent everywhere.
  • how
    15 years ago
    There's a club in the Dallas/Fort Worth area called "Chicas Locas." No pretention in there.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I have also noticed a big overlap between people who like watching cage fighting and going to the strip clubs. One night an UFC fight came to town and Vanity (afterhour strip club) was rented out for the Saturday night for the UFC people and it was packed to full capacity. There was a wait time and line to get in. I have also noticed that the strippers claiming they are paying their way through college have bad mileage. It's as if they don't want to get in trouble by club management and act as ROBs because they think they are higher class than the rest of the dancers...fuck them.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Why are you so bothered by what other customers talk about? There's bullshit in the air anywhere you go. Although sometimes it makes me laugh, I learned pretty early on that it's not worth my attention. When I'm busy with the girl on my knee, I couldn't care less what story the dude at the next table is telling.
  • 275WatchMan7tre
    15 years ago
    And, Chandler, I can understand that your entire world revolves around the stripper thats "on your knee". It's just a little different when a person bleeds, sweats, and tears with a group of people wearing a title they've earned... then you walk into a strip club, and everyone in there is lying, telling "the girl on their knee" or patrons at the bar they are you and belong to the same group, or another one of equal prestige. It becomes a little annoying and pathetic after the first couple times, trust me. You're correct in thinking it really doesn't matter, and it happens elsewhere, but my point is; why would I choose to be in a location full of posers and lies? I can't and won't contribute to that. Plus, where's the fun in it? And every strip club around Dallas/Ft. Worth seems to be a haven for these types. Way worse than any other scene.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Didn't mean to belittle the personal affront you felt. I'm just saying you aren't likely to find freedom from posers by going to a different club or city. As frivolous as it sounds, while the girl is on my knee, yes, she is my whole world. I think that's the key to having fun in a club no matter what some other sucker may be droning on about. OK, maybe it wouldn't work in Dallas. I might have to scratch that off my hit list.
  • Player11
    15 years ago
    I have been in the SC hobby for years. What the other customers are up to is hardly a concern to me unless I may have to get rough. Could care less about their conversations or pretenses. Its like their background radiation I simply screen out. At the club where I am VIP, I simply take the girls to the VIP room for a private setting away from whats going on in the club. Since it costs $800 for a lifetime VIP membership there, very few of them coming in the club have VIP priveledges like I do. My focus is the girl - Texas strip clubs are the best! In VIP I can get extras not available out on the floor. I usually get what I want from the gals - Its simply a matter of money.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    275WM; Could you enlighten us on stripclubs near Ft. Benning, GA?? While you're at it, could you tell us as much about dancer attractiveness/attitudes/ethnicity breakdown/ammount of silicon boobage, club hustle factor, lapdance cost/mileage, stageside interaction, etc, that you've been telling us on several club reviews about BS conversations amoungst patrons?? This isn't [view link], or [view link].
  • 275WatchMan7tre
    15 years ago
    Sure can, Minnow. Ft. Benning strip clubs (Victory Drive) are disgusting... the girl are straight street walker material, with optimistic attitudes, they're very "ethnic", there is a mixure of fake and real breast like anywhere else, every girl is hustling (Like every stripper does. They're there for money.), but it's cheap for a reason. I wouldn't suggest vacationing there. It's more of a "you're there because of airborne school, R.I.P, Ranger School, and Sniper School, all being there" type of environment. Not for tourism. Now, could you do me a favor?... don't get so defensive when someone calls out all the lame acts that are in strip clubs. They range from making up ego freak fantasy tales, to riding other people's names and successes just to escape their own mundayne life. It kind of brings down the mood, because not everyone is dumb enough to buy it, and that's my only point. And like I said, I avoid those places now. This isn't cryaboutotherpeople'[view link] though, minnow. Dry your eyes.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    275WM; No offense whatsoever taken on your "calling out". My eyes are/were completely dry/unwatered when reading the entirety of your reviews. I travel a lot for business, thus relying on Tuscl for deciding which club(s) to go to. When considering factors, I really couldn't give a crap about potential patron interaction ( hey I know that I can tell when a bar patron is lying- watch their lips move). I am interested in potential patron/dancer interaction, your club reviews provide me with very little/no insight into this. That was my point. (PS- fwiw, I do notice a bit more BS/phoniness in TX clubs- eg cowboy boots/hats while having Lexus valet parked. I tend to forget about all that while in the company of f-i-i-ne TX dancers)
  • 275WatchMan7tre
    15 years ago
    lol! The cowboy in the lexus comment was on point. That's one of the many things that tend to wear on a person after awhile. It's a compilation of BS fronts that have turned me off of DFW clubs. And all those "f-i-i-i-n-e" dancers still go home to their boyfriends everynight, take them shopping and out to eat the next day on patrons dimes. lol. Sorry if I didn't provide much insight outside of DFW. I did post some ratings on here... a lot of the better clubs I've been to were spur of the moment things during travel too. I can't remember most of the names. I do know that FL has the best clubs I've seen though. Not too cheesey, and not full of douche bags. Good times.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    Watchman, Many members herein like to attack the words that are said rather than trying to get the gist of a concept being posted. They forget that these are just statements of opinion/observation and bring their own personal biases into the interpretation of what they think you meant. IMO a lot of the posts evolve away from the central point. But hey, that is what an open forum allows for. And after all, this is just entertainment.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    "they .. bring their own personal biases into the interpretation of what they think you meant" I think you've been taking those Supreme Court hearings a little too close to heart.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    Sorry chandler, I have not followed the hearings. My inspiration comes from Spongebob Squarepants.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    In that case, I won't suggest that you should lighten up.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion