tuscl

Insist Your Stripper Wash Her Hands!!! . . .

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 7:40 PM
"Clean People Are Less Judgmental

Senior Writer
LiveScience.com jeanna Bryner
senior Writer
livescience.com – Mon Dec 1, 10:18 am ET

A vigorous hand wash or shower could cause a person to be less judgmental.

A new study, set for publication in the December issue of the journal Psychological Science, reveals that when a person feels physically clean, he or she cuts others more moral slack.

The findings add to past research that has shown a link between physical warmth and generosity as well as physical chill and social isolation. Other past research has shown that sins seem to nudge people to clean themselves, a phenomenon the researchers dubbed the 'Macbeth effect' after the dramatized murderess who tried scrubbing her hands to clean off imaginary blood.

'When we exercise moral judgment, we believe we are making a conscious, rational decision, but this research shows that we are subconsciously influenced by how clean or "pure" we feel,' said lead researcher of the new study Simone Schnall, a psychologist at the University of Plymouth in England. 'Take for example the situation of a jury member or voting in an election - if the jury member had washed their hands prior to delivering their verdict, they may judge the crime less harshly.'" http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/2008…

I had to laugh when reading this article and also question if how valid it might be. Maybe I can get a government grant to test how strippers react to a nice warm bubble bath? :) In a less prudish country a bubble bath maker might foot the bill for such lofty research. :)

There is an old saying when someone is acting like an A hole: Go take a bath! That old saying might have been strikingly on target . . .

8 comments

• Clubber
    16 years ago
    Not that it matters, but with all the "studies" these days, I bet you could find someone that would "study" air and determine that it is good for life!
  • ozymandias
    16 years ago
    There's a 100% correlation between "being born" and "dying".

Just sayin'...

O.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    Speaking of sex studies. Several years ago the U.S. government spent a million dollars on a year long study of why the head of a mans penis was bigger than the shaft. The conclusion was that it was to give the female more pleasure during intercourse.

The French doubted these results and did their own study. They spent 6 months and 1/2 million dollars. They concluded that it was to give the man more pleasure during intercourse.

Then the Polish got into it. They did their own study. It took 2 hours and cost $25. They concluded that it was to prevent a mans hand from sliding off the end of the shaft.
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    Talk about stereotypes that fit. :) (Just joking to any Poles who might be offended.)

I love studies, but put a bag of salt with 'em. As I read more about the hand washing study it sounded like just more of the simple simon principle. Simple simon principle meaning the person is influenced greatly by the last thing his has heard. So, if he heard Muslims are terrorists that is the ticket. If he heard Muslims are God fearing that is the ticket. If he heard that they're jealous of our freedoms that is the ticket.

I would have thought cleanliness *at least as a trait* would be more associated with intolerance.

The lesson as applied to some strippers is to prime with the appropriate thoughts i.e. you love my manhood and can't wait to force yourself all over me. ;) Yep, could be that simple----just keep in mind the mnemonic KISS or perhaps not.

• Book Guy
    16 years ago
    I always wash before going to a strip club. If I hadn't, I just can't imagine how negative I'd feel about all those immoral actions going on ...
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    I use to go sweaty and grimy. Was always in a foul mood. Thought nothing of telling a caring friendly dancer to drop dead.

Never thought to attribute it to just needing a bath. :) Thought it was (and still do) just the culture. Culture I prefer.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    Yeast culture ... ?
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    Tribal culture.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion