I was at Oz, but I don't care to write a review. I want to vent, and maybe rant a little. What the fuck is it with clubs and dancers? I went with enough to have some lappers, drink some beer, and (even though I promised myself I wouldn't) get a room if a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity presented herself. $40 lap dance goes faster than you expect, and then she asks for a tip on top of it. Some girls refuse to even offer dances at 2-for-$50 after the stage parade. There was one crazy AA girl from Texas who thought a flabby ass was hot and wanted $1500 on top of the room fee for it (I didn't ask, but she could not wait to offer).
I was truly excited to get into Tampa late on a Thursday to get to Oz at midnight. It wasn't pointless, I got reconnect with some familiar dancers, but all of these girls just want to push rooms and fleece you on the lappers. Some of us don't need or want to buy sex, we just want to drink beer and see sexy girls naked. The talent at Scores, Dollhouse, and 2001 were jokes. I guess I can cross Oz and Tampa off the list now. A few clubs around Miami and Pompano still have nudity hotties, booze, and sane prices for now.


Replies (15)Latest
It is happening just about everywhere. This is why strip clubs are dying out. There is no value any more, and dancers' attitudes/egos are driving potential customers away.
Welcome to the party. Overwhelming majority of USA Strip Clubs suck. There are a few hidden gems here and there but by and large its pretty bleak. For 1500$ you could buy roundtrip airfare and a hotel for a week in Europe or South America. That bitch is either trolling or she is delusional.
Sounds about like my last trip to Tampa. During Covid it was awesome, now…yeah.
I do have a couple faves at Mons and 2001…would be a freaking roll of the dice to try to find them again.
Take a look at my recent review of Booby Trap in Pompano. It's still the kind of club I think you're looking for. But for the greater Tampa area, like yourself, I haven't found much love, including Oz. There are a couple girls still there I like, but by and large don't make it a destination anymore.
On a positive note, I got introduced to Atlantis, a club nearby. I was impressed with a couple of the dancers - older American girls. Still, very pretty and quite handsy in the $25 lap dance room. Next time when in the area, I'll go back there. Suggest you give the club a chance to see if it'll keep that part of the Florida on your radar.
@Rod84 I keep meaning to check Atlantis out.
While many girls at Oz are like you said -way overpriced- I’ve been there in the last few weeks and found Latinas open to 15-30 VIP rooms and $200-$300 tips for all you’d want. As customers we have to be selective and negotiate before. Some realize the market has changed in the last year.
Atlantis is a very good alternative. Fewer very attractive girls but almost always enough. And the value is much better.
I was in Clearwater a few weeks ago and unfortunately have to agree. For the first time, I didn’t find anything I wanted at Oz. I did talk to one very cute Cuban spinner who spoke very good English, but she wasn’t interested in single dances or even a 15 minute room. Her minimum offering was the $300 thirty minute room, and an unspecified tip for extra fun that she wouldn’t discuss on the floor. No thanks. I agree with Rod about Atlantis. Minimum hiring standards seem to be lower, but they have enough on staff that it’s easy to find a handful of acceptable candidates. Had a great time with a very cute Cuban who spoke excellent English. Don’t write off Bare Assets up in Pasco County. It’s never returned to its pre-Covid heyday, but decided to swing by and check it out on my trip and it was a great decision. The dayshift was Cuban heavy and pretty dead like it usually is nowadays, but there happened to be a visiting hot American, exotic, looking spinner that was down for anything for a $100 tip in the 15 minute $100 room. I didn’t make it to Red Room a little further up the road, but it is usually hopping during the day. It has a large contingent of older, worn out, looking dancers, but usually also has a handful of very nice looking younger once.
@doctorevil Bare Assests during dayshift on the weekend has been pretty good lately since football started back up!
Have you tried Red Room?
The problem with clubs is that older patrons are feeling the crunch of the economy and dancers are too young to understand that their raisi9ng of prices means no dances at a higher price.
@skibum609 Spot on. I just laugh when I am quoted some ridiculously absurd price by a dancer. People are buying less dances due to the deteriorating economic conditions so in order to make the same amount I need to sell fewer dances and do VIP’s at a higher price. - Stripper logic. The funniest is when you don’t even ask and the chick ain’t hot at all.
I'd say $1500 more than qualifies as ridiculously absurd. I'd ask "what are these girls thinking?", but they cannot be thinking when they quote that. The only logic that comes close is meth logic, "I'm the greatest thing ever and everything is the greatest idea ever. I can charge $1500 in the VIP room? Yeah, what a great idea!"
I think by midnight, the time you came into the club, the strippers may have already made most of their money and now are shooting for the moon before the club closes at 3 AM. It's possible their prices were more reasonable earlier in the evening.
It's been 9 months or so since I was in the Tampa are but Vixens Ybor Strip was fun. Also, I would agree with the good doctor that the Pasco County clubs have potential.
Tampa has so many clubs but they don't compare to Miami/Ft Lauderdale/Pompano.
Join the conversation
Sign in to reply to this discussion.