I get annoyed reading reviews that say
“This place has been reviewed enough, I’m not describing it”. I want to reject it just for that.
IMO, a review without a description of the place is, well,incomplete. If you’ve reviewed it before, just go to your previous review and copy and paste what you said before. Don’t copy stuff from other people, but is it setting the bar too high to have you one time actually describe the place that you’re reviewing?


Replies (14)Latest
I get how the veterans who submit reviews for the same place every month or so would feel that was unnecessary, but I'd prefer the copy/paste. First, it makes each review self-contained so the reader doesn't have to look for other reviews; and 2. It discourages lazy fucks who have never reviewed the place before, and maybe have never been there, from submitting worthless reviews to snag one of those sweet, sweet months of VIP. At a minimum, I would say something like, "See my June 2023 review for details about the layout of the place. Nothing has changed."
Agreed, had to be truth
I know some people don’t like the descriptions in reviews, so I put the description and stuff that doesn’t change at the end of the review. That way readers who don’t like them can stop before they get to them.
I don't mind the descriptions of places, either my own or that of others, because they tend to help me refresh my memory, not just of a club's physical details but something about it might help me remember someone who just happened to be standing there and made an impression at the time that I really wanted to include in a review.
You don’t need to take a tape measure in, and you don’t need to describe the fabric of the chairs or the type of wood used to build the bar but impressions of the physical club help a first timer know a bit more about what he’s walking into. And cut/paste from your own previous reviews is a great solution to reduce typing.
Personally I skip past the club description every time. It's mostly just a waste of time.
@dustyj if it’s there, it’s easy enough to skip. If it’s not there, it can’t be added 🤷
@dustyj One of the first things I look out for anyplace I go is the bathroom, so for me, no, it isn't a waste of time, especially when my bladder isn't leaving me any time.
This topic has come up many times. Maybe the problem is we put too much emphasis on architectural layout such as the location of the bathroom or shape of the bar. I'll include those details because it only takes a few moments, but perhaps it would be more interesting if we gave one or two additional details about the place itself. How is the liquor selection? Can you get a good glass of scotch, or is Dewar's the top tier?
I sometimes like to indicate the size of the place with an approximate count of seats at the bar. Some bars only have about 14 bar stools, and others might seat 80. Does the bar completely surround the stage, or is the stage off to one side with just a long bar facing it? Gives you a sense of what the place is like inside.
Anything unusual? Although I quit smoking a few years ago, at 5th Ave in Paterson NJ, to get to the smoking area you walk through the bar, between two halves of the stage, and out into the back yard. Kind of a cool place to hang out, and dancers sometimes come out there for a smoke and just sit around and talk for a few minutes.
Location of the men's room is not as important as whether it's well kept or smells like a monkey cage that hasn't been cleaned in a year.
I'll put a description in my review, but really never understood the point. Anybody choosing to go to a club (or not to) based on the layout?
I am not interested in the club layout except any information about how easy it is to see the stage from the seating area. I visited a strip club that had a stage on the right, which was being used by the strippers for their performance, and then a raised platform center area that was used for lap dances and that blocked the view of the stage for anyone sitting on the left. The result was almost no one sitting on the left. The club went out of business and, while the poor club layout was not the cause, it certainly did not help things.
I’ve never been to a club without a men’s room
Life’s too short to read or write about a place I may take a piss
@Studme53 If it’s there, it’s easy enough to skip. If it’s not there, it can’t be added 🤷
Join the conversation
Sign in to reply to this discussion.