tuscl

“Politics Make Strange Bedfellows”

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
I saw this quote referenced in another thread (I think it was twentyfive). But it can be true. The origins are linked to a similar line by William Shakespeare in “The Tempest”.

In the most recent example, black gangs on Chicago’s south side are rallying against illegal immigration (and the associated crime). In particular the gangs are trying to stop the spread of the notorious Venezuelan gang TDA.

Interesting indeed.

32 comments

• TheeOSU
    7 days ago
    My initial thought when reading this is that the black gangs are against giving up their piece of the pie to and sharing their turf with the intruding gangs.
    It's not like they're for border enforcement for the good of the country or they're going to become MAGA people.
    Politics have nothing to do with it.
  • Muddy
    7 days ago
    All Americans need to wake up and seeing what’s going and unite. Us Americans (of all stripes) are getting replaced (and paying top dollar for it btw)

America first vs America last, I know what I’m choosing.
  • twentyfive
    7 days ago
    Everyone has their own interests and priorities, it sure creates some odd alliances, not just in politics. The original quote is from William Shakespeare's The Tempest, as noted, the actual quote was "misery makes for strange bedfellows".
  • gammanu95
    7 days ago
    ^finally learning to do his research before making an ass of himself?

I read the same thing, but the analysis was that, while fighting back against the invasion of TdA, the black Chicago gangs would likely be fighting with each other at the same time. Tren de Aragua are working as a single organization to take over drugs and racketeering in Chicago, but the local black gangs will not cooperate or agree on unified leadership and organization to resist the invasion. Historically, not a winning plan.
  • funonthaside
    7 days ago
    Of course they are looking out for their best interests...but that's kind of the point of the quote....people who otherwise don't get along will band together to fight against a group who is an enemy to both....even if for different reasons.
  • twentyfive
    7 days ago
    ^ Weirdo’s still trolling me it’s obvious he’s not a very bright guy, he never learns.
  • rattdog
    7 days ago
    then again there could be this scenario: the scene in the movie the warriors where all the street gangs of nyc would have all combined forces to overpower the citizens and police. luther from 48 hours and his gang had other ideas.
  • gammanu95
    7 days ago
    ^^ learn to take a compliment, weirdo
  • motorhead
    7 days ago
    Biden won in 2020 with something like 92% of the black vote. If the Republicans can gain just a few percentage points, they could win. I realize the gangs are probably not really going to become Trump supporters, and they are doing this for selfish interests, but if enough union members and upper lower class and middle class blacks not sucking on the teat of public entitlements realize which party would really help with their day to day life, then the Republicans could win. The country needs to get beyond “orange man bad” and look out what’s best for them - just like these Chicago gang bangers are doing.
  • skibum609
    7 days ago
    ^^warriors, come out and plaaay - one of the finer adlibs in history.
  • Puddy Tat
    7 days ago
    Corporations love open borders for cheap labor.
    Liberals love open borders because it fulfills the need to tell themselves they're good people without giving up anything whatsoever and a voting bloc (coupled with their removing election security measures and push for amnesty).

Americans don't love open borders because it depresses their wages, strains social services, and imports criminals.
  • twentyfive
    7 days ago
    ^ Nobody wants open borders anymore, the industrialists forced open the borders 30-40 years ago in search of cheap labor, about 10-15 years ago they discovered that off-shoring was much more profitable so they tried to put the genie back in the bottle so they tried to close the borders. Unfortunately the American economy had shifted, and an entire industry had grown up around the loosening of the border restrictions, that’s where we find ourselves now, dealing with the fallout from all of these years of relying on cheap laborers caused this rot in our politics.

Most of you guys are scapegoating the immigrants, but they’re just trying to survive. You let the politicians use this issue as a tool to raise money and get re-elected. The solution is there but these guys you keep voting for don’t want to do their jobs.

We need to get rid of the whole lot of these corrupt grifters and their cronies.

Until we do that these criminals will continue to get richer than Midas on taxpayer dollars

• Puddy Tat
    7 days ago
    ^ They don't? The Biden/Harris administration's removal of safeguards sure fooled me.

I don't care if immigrants are "just trying to survive," there is no inherent human right to live in America. They can come the legal way, wait their turn like everyone else, and obey the law. Now we literally have Venezuela emptying prisons and their gangs coming here.

Remember in 2019 Harris said she would decriminalize illegal border crossing.

Yes, I would favor mandating e-Verify with stiff fines for anyone who employs illegals. Add a guest worker program for whatever labor we need.

The only remaining explanation for Democrats importing illegals, removing vote integrity measures, and now talking pathways to citizenship for them is to import votes. There is no other explanation left.
  • twentyfive
    7 days ago
    ^ as usual you’re just repeating MAGA propaganda, if you’re willing to give a pass to one of the best known enablers of illegal immigration, we can’t have a meaningful discussion about what’s happening here.
    LMK when you’re ready to take a look at his actions, not his rhetoric.
  • Puddy Tat
    7 days ago
    ^ "Remain in Mexico" was his action.

Just saying guh guh buh buh hurr durr MMMMaaaGGGGaaaa!!!1!1!1 is not an argument.
  • twentyfive
    7 days ago
    ^ and responding to every post that you don’t agree with by shifting the statements made to the argument you want to make doesn’t mean that you’re responding to what was actually stated.

Where did I ever state that anyone not entitled to citizenship was entitled to live here?
    Which Democrat is importing illegal laborers? Who is removing voter integrity measures?
    LMK I’ll join with you in denouncing this.
    Until you start talking serious guh buh hurr boo hoo bullshit
  • gammanu95
    7 days ago
    LoL. Yes, please, take a good hard look at how Obama handled illegal immigration, how Trump handled it, and how Biden/Harris handled. The cold hard facts, which do not care about rhetoric, clearly ahow a steep decline in illegal immigration from Obama's term to Trump's, and sharp rise from Trump's to Biden/Harris. Those same dates will also show the jump in wages and sharp drop in unemployment from Obama to Trump's terms. COVID was practically an act of Chinese bioterror, but it is the democrat party which closed businesses, banned travel, and made the stimulus checks necessary. Republicans did not want to close business and wreck commerce, but had to go along with the stimulus or be slaughtered by the press. Let me say that again: reckless and stupid democrat COVID policies made the stimulus checks necessary, the Republican party was coerced into supporting the stimulus or a criminally corrupt and complicit press corps would have skewered the coverage. Regardless, the explosion in interst rates in Biden/Harris's term wiped out all ofntge wealth generated during Trump's terms.

Those are the facts.
  • gammanu95
    7 days ago
    Who is removing voter integrity measures? The democrats.

No ID checks for voters or outright granting voter ID cards to illegals. They have voted down or sued over evert law to require ID checks.

Involuntary mail-in ballots even though it is known to be subject to fraud.

Ballot harvesting and voter registration campaigns rife with fraud. Remember when they signed up Mickey Mouse?

Mass amnesty plans to create generational voting blocks and perpetual power.

Stop acting like you care. You're a card carrying knee-jerk liberal and everyone knows it.
  • twentyfive
    7 days ago
    ^ The lockdowns for covid began middle of 2019, Joe Biden took office 1/20/2021
    That alone discredits your entire word salad You should do your research better.
  • Puddy Tat
    7 days ago
    @25 - calling something "MAGA propaganda" is not an argument. You asked for Trump's actions, I gave them to you, so stop crying.

"Where did I ever state that anyone not entitled to citizenship was entitled to live here?"
    How about this
    "Most of you guys are scapegoating the immigrants, but they’re just trying to survive."
    Plenty of places they can survive that aren't America. They are committing a crime by coming here, full stop. I have no pity, they brought this upon themselves.

"Who is removing voter integrity measures?"
    Democrats, promoting the least secure methods of voting and denouncing any voter integrity measure as racist.

Look at the numbers. When I can keep pointing to the scoreboard to make my point, that's a good sign you don't have a point.
  • gammanu95
    7 days ago
    "The lockdowns for covid began middle of 2019,", yes, pushed by democrats. Republicans kept the lockdowns to minimum (e.g. FL, GA, TX) and dems maked them out (e.g. CA, MI, NY, IL). You hitorocally have shitty reading comprehension, and need to learn your place and shut up while your betters are conversing.
  • gammanu95
    7 days ago
    *maxed
    *historically
  • gammanu95
    7 days ago
    Since I do not like to derail threads the way 25 does, I'm going to tie all of this back to the OP original point: TdA is a Venezuelan gang. The democrat party has made Venezuelans a specially protected immigrant class granting them privileges and stays of deportation similar to what Cubans enjoy. If the democrats had not made such a short-sighted, politically-driven decision, American cities would not be dealing with the hazards of TdA establishing in our urban centers. Cops could go back to fighting street gangs block by block instead of dealing with MS-13 and TdA as transnational criminal orgs. I thought Harris was an expert in this? How did she not see this coming?
  • twentyfive
    7 days ago
    And calling out your hypocrisy, is not the same as advocating for open borders !
    What voter integrity measures are you referring to and exactly what isn’t secure and where am I calling anyone racist?
    This is just more misstating my opinions, and trying to reframe the debate in misleading form.
    her ger dur more bullshit
  • gammanu95
    7 days ago
    ^at least he admits that he has opinions and not facts. The next step is to admit your opinions are bullshit and to start learning the facts.
  • Puddy Tat
    7 days ago
    ^^ Answered your questions and not going to repeat myself.

I didn't say you were calling everyone racist, I said Democrats are. Of course you just outed yourself as a partisan Democrat if you thought that applied to you. A self proclaimed moderate who farts out the left's applause lines on cue.
  • twentyfive
    7 days ago
    No I didn’t out myself, I’m just not buying into the MAGA nonsense that you are spreading on here.
    You didn’t answer any of my questions you merely reframed my statements and replied with the same old MAGA rhetoric you and gemma are known for.
  • gammanu95
    7 days ago
    25 has no facts to respond with and not enough wit to come up with plausible bullshit, so he equivocates and denies.
  • Puddy Tat
    7 days ago
    ^ He outs himself with parroting the same liberal lines and pooh-poohing inconvenient facts as guh guh hurr durr mmmmAAAAAggggAAAA!!!1!1
  • twentyfive
    7 days ago
    ^ Dishonest gobbledegook
  • Puddy Tat
    7 days ago
    ^ Inability to address a goddamn thing.
  • gammanu95
    7 days ago
    I want to know why the border czar with the "resume of prosecuting transnational criminal gangs" who seeks the Oval Office was unable to foresee this obvious consequence of importing immigrants without restriction.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion