tuscl

Spell checks.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Yeah, I misspell some words on here some of the time. 3 reasons: I type faster than my brain. I am drinking. And I don't know how to spell some of the words. I use Firefox and it has spell check but the problem is, it thinks that I am spelling the word wrong but does not offer me a choice of correct spellings. At work, my spell check offers me alternatives and and even Ignore, if I think that I am right. Since spelling is apparently very important to some on here, I hope that if Founder does ever install one, I hope he picks a good system.

10 comments

• happylap
    16 years ago
    I hate to misspell but it happens. I usually proof read what I write because I'm such an asshole, but even then I miss stuff. I have a friend with a PhD in Philosophy and his email to me if full of misspellings. He just types fast and doesn't take the time to proof read. Who cares?
  • Yoda
    16 years ago
    Shadowcat. I am the worlds worst speller. I use the Firefox spell checker as well. If you right click the word it will give you alternative spellings. At least thats how it works with my version.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    Yoda: I did not know that. Thanks.
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    And today the elderly are educated.
  • Yoda
    16 years ago
    you're welcome Shadowcat
  • ozymandias
    16 years ago
    Yep, Firefox is the shit. I haven't used the crappy, security-hole-riddled Explorer in years.

I was a flawless speller until I studied German in college - for some reason, German blew out my internal spell checker. I studied Spanish and Chinese before that, no problem, but something about German...

O.
  • Shekitout
    16 years ago
    SC: See if CAT is listed in your spellcheck.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    listen friend. If you want to continue this conversation, just remember that I am the one who is getting laid. I did not not step on my own dick.
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    Here goes the ol' dirty bastard mouthing off to Shekitout when he was the one who broke confidences. I doubt he has a shred of decency in his withered old man body. This prick will never learn.
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    I'm just posting here to prove shadowcat wrong. The last post was on 05/03/08. That's more than 25 posts ago.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion