tuscl

Thinking back on summer memories and times of days gone by

Back in the day, we would cruise down the Jersey shore. Top down. Sleeveless shirts. Music blaring. The girls, the cars, the adventure, searing hot summer heat. Mickey Mantle. Duke Snider. Willie Mays. (were all retired but it sounds cool) We were cool, we were hard, we were all wanna be fake blue collar tough guys, just like Bruce Springsteen. All the women would look and stare while I would roller skate the boardwalk in bell bottoms to the hits ABBA. I would even do a little spin, and their jaws would drop. It was what were are, it was who we are, an imagination, a time and place and it was all we'll ever be...Then at night all the boys would head back to garage and fuck each other in the ass...loudly. For hours on end. We went and got really gay with it. The neighbors would complain and call the police.

...But before that were the kings of cool, the boys of summer. On the road to nowhere. When America was America....and men were men.

12 comments

• twentyfive
    2 months ago
    Damn Muddy how old are you? I mean really, Mickey Mantle, Duke Snider, Willy Mays, wearing bell bottoms, that’s ancient history
    LOL
  • skibum609
    2 months ago
    ^Makes me feel old because I saw Mantle play live in Yankee Stadium and Fenway Park. Saw a game where Mantle homered and Rod Carew stole home.
  • Jascoi
    2 months ago
    i can remember when the Dogers were from brooklyn.
  • Jascoi
    2 months ago
    *Doggers*
    ( butt i can't remember how to spell...)
  • motorhead
    2 months ago
    Your baseball players don’t match the music. 😊

If you were listening to ABBA, you were watching Thurman Munson, Fred Lynn, Pete Rose, Johnny Bench, Steve Garvey and Lou Brock
  • Jascoi
    2 months ago
    *dodgers* maybe third time a charm.
  • Studme53
    2 months ago
    ^ ha ha -Springsteen fever dream parody!
    I did actually have the time of my life as a teenager and 20 something on the Jersey shore in Summer. There’s nothing like it.

No butt fucking though…OK. One time. But I needed a ride…OK. I didn’t need a ride. (Dice Clay)
  • minnow
    2 months ago
    Somehow, I got the impression that Muddy is a 40 something which would mean he hadn't even taken his 1st diaper crap when "Dancing Queen" made the top 40, or when Rose and Bench were still playing.
  • gammanu95
    2 months ago
    on a serious note, that is one of the things I miss about living up north (not the high taxes and lefty politics) but most summer nights were comfortable enough to enjoy outside or with the windows open. As a kid, I can remember fireflies lighting up in the backyard and actually being able to look up and see the Milky Way. As a young adult, I could drive around with my windows down or top down and enjoy the fresh air. Florida is just too damned hot for any of that, and it is damned near impossible to find a sky dark enough anywhere to see the Milky Way.
  • rattdog
    2 months ago
    mantle, mays and snider? really mudd? let me shave many years off for you., how about bonds, sosa and mcgwire?
  • Estafador
    a month ago
    Sometimes I wonder if this is not a place for young people this website
  • rickdugan
    a month ago
    ===> "Sometimes I wonder if this is not a place for young people this website."

Shit man, this homoerotic parody of times gone by isn't relatable to anyone who doesn't qualify for Social Security. I've over 50 and I'm too young to relate. Snider and Mantle stopped playing in the '60s. Mays hung in there until '72, incidentally the same year that Bruce Springsteen released his first album.

With that said, Muddy wasn't really trying for relatable. In his own mentally diseased way, he was attempting humor.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion