“Seriously, I think we may need to have the civil war again...”

Saturday, March 9, 2024 1:44 AM
“I am not sure they got it...” “I feel that is like beating a drunk in an alley, and they wake up and say “I am ready come back...” ~ Kathleen Madigan ~ Born: September 30, 1965 Florissant, MO ~ “Civil War Again” ~ Bothering Jesus is Billboards #1 comedy album in the world, ~ Published on Mar 1, 2018 [view link]

12 comments

In a classic example of “I told you so”, murders in New York City have increased over 40% and shootings have increased nearly 100% since the “defund the police” movement in 2020. Now, National Guard troops have. Earn deployed to NYC subways. The civil war has already began.
motorhead
2 months ago
^ I am stuck behind enemy lines.
skibum609
2 months ago
^ @skibum609 if you quell your own anger, your real enemy will be slain… It's not about the past; it's about knowing your history so that you can fight in the present. Otherwise, you don't know who the real enemy is, what the real issue is, because it had been covered by many layers of bad information, of lies, and manipulation….
CJKent_band
2 months ago
Use to be Republicans complained that liberals thought you could solve any problem by throwing money at it. But they seem convinced it's great to just throw more and more money into LE. No questions asked about whether it's being spent effectively.
ilbbaicnl
2 months ago
^ Yet we've seen the catastrophic effects of defunding LE.
PuddyTat69
2 months ago
NYC homicides are down for the second year in a row after the post pandemic spike. Like everywhere else. They are also WAY lower per capita than most states but don’t let facts get in the way of a good rant.
Hank Moody
2 months ago
Putting soldiers in the subways is stupid, and probably more expensive, than just authorizing overtime for NYC transit police department, who actually have both the training and experience to deal with crimes in the subway.
twentyfive
2 months ago
@twentyfive - agree. Brings posse comitatus to mind (though they're not the military per se). But it's a sign from a Democratic governor that crime is a huge issue that isn't going away. I wonder why New Yorkers ever elect Democratic mayors, since Republican mayors are fairly moderate by national standards and Dem mayors always seem to leave it a lawless, dirty place.
PuddyTat69
2 months ago
^ National Guard was authorized by the governor, mayors have no authority to order the guard anywhere.
twentyfive
2 months ago
^ I know. Just saying crime seems to spread in NYC under Democratic mayors.
PuddyTat69
2 months ago
^ I don’t think crime has a political agenda, stupid decisions are just as common by politicians of both major political parties as well as idiots all over the spectrum.
twentyfive
2 months ago
@Hank, he doesn't have time for facts. He heard some BS, on an OAN type "news" outlet. It fit his point of view, and he ran with it. Can't help people that do not want to know the facts. He probably has not heard the Republican plan to actually defend LE that has been thrown around. Hannity makes sure to keep people like motorhead uninformed. It's easy to do when no one checks to see if they have been mislead.
BumHip
2 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion