Playhouse Lounge
​1205 US Route 130 N Burlington, NJ 08016

Help me understand the Playhouse experience

Wednesday, October 4, 2023 12:22 PM
I went once at night, apparently that's not when your supposed to go. Daytime is where it's at. Totally different club at night. I'm reading through the reviews. I understand there are cameras in the LD booths. Y'all listen to Hank williams Jr. with more veteran dancers on the down low from what I read on here that's typically what goes down. Is it like a super duper girlfriend experience or something? What makes it so awesome, I'm trying to figure it out, I'm not judging I'm just asking I don't know. Maybe these 40, 50 year old dancers are really hot for their age. I mean this is the most reviewed strip club on this website. Over 3,000 reviews, surpassed even the great Follies now and probably review every other day just about. But it just seems sort of limited, y'all do know there are a BUNCH of clubs in Jersey where you can do whatever the hell you want. No cameras, no bottoms of the door missing, nobody coming to check in on things. Now not all have the good talent though but some definitely do. I'm just trying to understand why this place stands out so much more than anywhere else.

10 comments

It's a right-to-the-point, no-nonsense place where both the girls (ok, women) and guys know the deal. There isn't the the typical cat and mouse game of the girls gently trying to entice you to go to a booth. Both guys and dancers are more direct. Perhaps there is also a MILF element for some (or an opportunity for older PLs to engage with attractive women closer to their age). It has a relaxed friendly vibe, as well. The cost-to-action ratio is also good. Why pay $30-$40 for close to an air dance elsewhere, when you can come here? While North Jersey has an overabundance of Brazilians, they are less frequently seen in South Jersey, where PL is located. So, that could play a part, as well. I'm summary, it's a laid-back club with nice people and easy attainment of good LDs.
funonthaside
7 months ago
Exactly as funontheside described above. This is not a place where you’re going to find a bevy of sevens, eights, and nines waiting to be discovered. It’s where you’re going if you’re on a (limited extras, but extras nonetheless) mission. It’s convenient, there’s little to no guesswork if you do your homework, and it’s not difficult to leave with a smile on your face. Is it perfect? Hell no. But it’s solid and reliable.
uniquename
7 months ago
Yeah, I don’t really see the attraction either. Just based on the reviews, I had no intention of ever going, but had some business to take care of in Burlington last week, and was literally minutes away, so why not? It is as advertised in the reviews. Grannies giving hand jobs. Granted, most of them are in fairly decent shape, and I even saw one really cute late 20s early 30s. But they weren’t willing to do anything beyond a hand job, which is not really my thing at the club. I can stay at home, do that myself, and save a bunch of money. Honestly, even if they were doing BJs or FS, I would turn most of them down.
doctorevil
7 months ago
-convenience as other clubs in nj driving each way could be at least an hour. ph is closer to home. -action in the philly clubs is not as satisfying -if you have a regular fave working there for many years the chances she will still working there say 2 years from now are probably 95%. i stopped going here years ago because it got to the point where i just didn't feel like making long treks to there. also the scene in north jersey is better.
rattdog
7 months ago
Yes. It’s the McDonalds of strip clubs. Great value, consistent, quick service, no drama or pretense. But, no, you’re not going to get a spectacular meal there. I happen to find one of the dancers very sexy and exactly my type - plus she’s a sweetheart. She’s not everyone’s cup of tea. If she wasn’t there I’d probably be one and done.
Studme53
7 months ago
I’m with Muddy. This place is what it is which isn’t bad. It just doesn’t deserve the number of reviews it get
PoundKing
7 months ago
PH is an interesting entity. It’s kind of got a neighborhood club vibe to it. Many of the dancers (at least day shift) have been here forever. Many of the patrons (at least day shift) have been here forever. So both dancers and clientele have aged with each other. Hell, I started coming here 20+ years ago. So, there’s a level of familiarity and community that is unlike most other clubs where girls and clientele come and go. As with any community, people tend to talk/gossip about it a lot. Hence the high number reviews. As far as mileage, I rarely seek high mileage for a variety of reasons. So, the mileage here is fine enough for me. In the rare case I want high mileage, I won’t be seeking it out in a strip club. There are other avenues I prefer for that sort of thing. I don’t find a club to be economical for that purpose. That said I am curious about what clubs fit the description in your post. Like to keep options on the table, lol. PM if easier.
Carotene1
7 months ago
The extensive reviews on this club rarely add much value. There are few fresh takes, which is understandable. The same women. The same predictable outcomes. Some upcharge, some don't expect a tip at all, but you can figure that out by looking back at a handful of reviews. I'm not looking for HJs when I hit the SCs, and this place is way less convenient for me than the clubs in Philadelphia. You can get a HJ in those clubs if you're willing to pay considerably more than PH, but yo can also get extras that PH doesn't offer. I used to detour to PH when I was on my way back from points north and I was in a grumpy mood, but a wise monger advised on one of the discussion boards that you shouldn't go to a SC when in a bad mood and I'm trying to tske that advice to heart.
Manuellabore
7 months ago
Agree with everything above. No drama, reliable, and good value. Kind of in its own category.
bassdrumhanging
7 months ago
Playhouse is a fundamentally bizarre place: it is the Land of the Lost of strip clubs, a vortex where time passes outside the club but not inside the club. I think I first went there in like 1997 -- I was in my late twenties, it was a place to go to go get afford HJs from Brazillians in their late thirties and early to mid forties. Hey, they weren't young knockouts, but still had tight bodies and and could crank the guys out like an assembly line. The assembly line got boring, checked out for a decade and went back in the mid oughts. And the same Brazillians were ten years older, still giving the same HJs, now tight but leathered bodies. Once or twice enough a year was enough, then checked out for another five or seven years. Went back -- same Brazzillians. More leathered. Same HJs. Same closets. Checked out a gain for years, went in a few times before COVID. Same....fucking....Brazillians. Went once after COVID. My god...how old are these women now? THey looked like she had been around the block a few thousand times when I first met them .... now almost thirty years later. Who the fuck knows if they are still even alive--maybe their skin just absorbed so much ultraviolet radiation that the hands on their zombie bodies still twich up and down.
utterbs
a month ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion