tuscl

Obsessive strip club regular 'paid dancer thousands before shooting her dead

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
A man has been charged with murder after he was accused of stalking, threatening, and paying a strip club dancer before fatally shooting her.

Authorities said Stanley Szeliga, 54, is alleged to have paid Abigail Saldaña, 22, around a thousand dollars after he frequented Rick’s Cabaret, the club where Saldaña worked in Texas.

Szeliga was accused of fatally shooting the mother of two, behind the wheel of her car in Fort Worth last week, not far from the club. At roughly 9pm on October 26, a witness reported watching a car veer off an exit ramp onto a grassy area, police said. The 911 caller described bullet holes in the car’s passenger side and a person inside who wasn’t moving.

Responding officers and emergency personnel later pronounced Saldaña dead. Three shell casings and broken glass were found not far from Saldaña’s car.

Saldaña had expressed serious concerns about Szeliga, posting a video on her Instagram on October 14 about a tracking device she found underneath her car. A club manager showed Saldaña’s post to investigators, alerting them to her fears about Szeliga, a warrant recorded.

The warrant stated: “The manager indicated that Abigail was frightened of Stan because he was stalking and harassing her.”

Authorities said that footage obtained from a traffic camera near Saldaña’s apartment showed Szeliga’s red pick-up tailing Saldaña’s car. Investigators said that license plate records and additional surveillance footage from that intersection show Szeliga’s car passing the same spot near Saldaña’s home at least five other times before she was shot, which were indications of stalking.

Saldaña’s mother, Jessica Contreras, told the Star-Telegram : “I don’t know where she was going that night. We got a text about 6:30 p.m. that night, and the shooting happened about two hours later.”

According to an arrest warrant affidavit obtained by local outlets, Szeliga had posted on Instagram about making Zelle payments to Saldaña at times for $800, $200, and $1,000.

Three hours before Saldaña’s murder, Szeliga posted that he paid Saldaña $3,000. Szeliga threatened in the post to report her for alleged prostitution, detectives said. In one Instagram post on Szeliga’s page, he claimed that he “envisioned a future,” with Saldaña but insisted that she had been lying to him and that he was a victim.

He wrote: “I never thought I’d be one of those guys taken advantage of. Sharing for awareness. Abigail S. and I, since July 2021, we have been enjoying each other’s company.

“She’s so beautiful and personable that I envisioned a future with her. But dealing with all the lies is overwhelming, I realize that’s part of your primary job as an adult entertainer. If you only leave your second job, being in a high-end prostitution ring we could move forward. Yes, this pays $2000 per session, but it’s illegal. And having a boyfriend whilst having sex with other men?!”

According to police documents, Szeliga was arrested after initially agreeing to meet with detectives and then failing to show up. Police obtained a warrant to enter his home the night after Saldaña’s murder. After he refused to leave the residence, a SWAT team found him on a balcony in his apartment with wounds on his face and neck that appeared to be self-inflicted.

After being treated at a local hospital, Szeliga was charged in connection with Saldaña’s death on Thursday and is being held in the Tarrant County Jail.

Contreas told WFAA that her daughter was a hard-working and courageous mother: “He took her away from me, and I’m gonna make sure every time he has a court date, he will see my face there. He’s gonna see that Abby was never alone.”

16 comments

• BubbleYum
    a year ago
    This happened in late 2021 and I think I posted about it then. Abigail had found an Apple Airtag on her vehicle and posted on TikTok about it. Then it was shared by the Dancer's Resource page on Instagram and Facebook. About a week later is when she was, unfortunately, murdered. He tracked her because of the Airtag he put on her vehicle. ☹️
  • FLAP3000
    a year ago
    Sounds like this dude was just delusional. Some men just aren’t built for gentlemen’s clubs. He should be spending his money in a therapist’s office instead of the club.
  • Mate27
    a year ago
    This belongs in the archives of “Worst Moments in PL History”. Just one of the reasons why I respect dancers and their privacy. You never know who is dealing with an obsessed customer.
  • jackslash
    a year ago
    That's not me!
  • ilbbaicnl
    a year ago
    I don't remember this take on it before, that seems to imply there is a connection between the amount of money she got from him, and his murder of her. I have faves who´ve made north of ten grand off of me. They're all quite alive, and some send me Christmas cards.
  • funonthaside
    a year ago
    So the perp admitted to paying her $, then threatened to report her for prostitution. Ummmm...as they say, it takes 2 to tango.

Nothing like confessing to patronizing a sex worker.
  • funonthaside
    a year ago
    Wow! Lesson to kevin and dusty....if you look like the perp, and the stripper looks like the victim, she's most likely not interested in a real relationship.

Just as background checks are required to purchase guns, perhaps mental evaluations should be required to enter strip clubs. Too many people view strip clubs as bizarro worlds where guys can suddenly land hot chicks, when in non-club environments, those same guys have girls cross the street to avoid interacting with certain guys.

Those girls seeing nothing in us other than the contents our wallets. If you ever begin to think otherwise, give your car keys, cash, and debit/credit cards to someone who will keep you out of clubs:
  • BumHip
    a year ago
    It’s the guns.

*pot stirred*
  • motorhead
    a year ago
    Weirdest customer shit I’ve ever heard was an old guy who tried giving his dead wife’s jewelry to a dancer he was obsessed with
  • ilbbaicnl
    a year ago
    This sort of stuff in strip clubs is (generally) not so different from things that happen in civvie dating. Men try to win over women with zero interest in them with expensive dates/gifts/trips. My impression is that it's a long shot. With strippers, a big difference is that it's much much more of a long shot. Some stripper will cross a line where they'll tell a PL they're civvie dating, but avoid ever seeing the PL outside the club. But, seems like it's a minority who go that far. Strippers do pretend to like you more than they do, or you're more special to them than you are. But it's a fine line since total honesty is not practical. You don't want her constantly making it plain she would not associate with you in anyway without $ compensation.

A flip side that you see is women who get into a fuck buddy relationship, with the plan that love will be on the horizon, once you make it to the town of Pussy Whipped. Also a long but not impossible shot. These women will often complain of being used, analogous to the men who complain of gold digging.

When truckers are desperate for nicespice's love, they shower her with showers.
  • StripClubXpert
    a year ago
    Not that it matters but it looked more like a brick inside of a Pelican case than an Apple AirTag. The thing was at least 4 times the size of the tracker Walter White put on to Gustavo Fring's Volvo.

https://youtu.be/Rw9xJx5o7-A?si=wVotsRqu…
  • StripClubXpert
    a year ago
    The Optimus 2.0 GL310MG Looks expensive but it is less than $20. Maybe we should all put one on our own cars with the increase in thefts lately:

https://optimustracker.com/products/opti…
  • blahblahblah23
    a year ago
    Oh wow. This is one of the clubs I tried working a few times before I wrote off Fort Worth as disgusting and couldn't be bothered with the fuckery. Whole city's clubs vibes were off, and I am not just saying that only because I didn't wanna be touched. Like the dudes seemed very fucked in the head beyond the usual. If I wanted to dance somewhere high mileage again I'd pick Florida any day of the week over Texas.
  • JamesSD
    a year ago
    Crazy and scary. Although I would wager she was running a love hustle on him.
  • funonthaside
    a year ago
    ^ Sadly, she may not have realized she created a monster until it was too late.
  • funonthaside
    a year ago
    ilbbaicnl wrote:

"This sort of stuff in strip clubs is (generally) not so different from things that happen in civvie dating."

True, but with 2 caveats:

1-Civvie girls usually have less reason to lead on a guy vs a stripper who benefits financially (often significantly)

2-Some guys view strippers as easily conquered, due to her profession. A girl who would never be approached in public by a guy (due to the out-of-my league mentality) suddenly becomes attainable in the eyes of the guy, merely because he incorrectly believes he is high-value to her, as a result of her being a stripper.

Some guys go into clubs with the mindset that he can "save her from the profession", not realizing that (a) she doesn't want/need to be saved, (b) she very possibly has higher earnings than him, and (c) if she wanted to be with a PL, she likely could find a younger/more attractive/richer guy easily (either inside or outside of club).

Also, most guys can't handle dating a girl that dances. Clubs are littered with stories of guys who meet girls at clubs, then expect her to stop dancing to be exclusively with him.

He also wrote:

"These women will often complain of being used, analogous to the men who complain of gold digging."

This one is on the girls. They are happy to oblige a man in his requests for certain activities, in return for good compensation, but then comes to expect that she receive those same funds for nothing in return, as time passes.

She plays the "I feel like a prostitute" card in order to garner sympathy, in hopes that the guy will feel bad. This is dangerous for the girl when dealing with an unstable PL. A stable guy merely recognizes that the situation has played its course, and move on to the next provider. It doesn't end as cleanly in the event of unstable individuals, though.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion