tuscl

Phoenix Clubs - What should I check out?

Monday, May 8, 2023 6:05 PM
Ill be visiting Phoenix at the end of this month and I’m starting my research on clubs to visit while I’m in town. Any suggestions? Prefer more dive bar feel with high mileage but am open to anything really.

7 comments

• azdd
    a year ago
    The reviews posted for Phoenix clubs give a pretty accurate picture of the local scene. More dive bar with higher mileage suggests Bandaids. Maybe also Chica’s but be aware there maybe a language challenge. HiLiter and Sugar 44 have more of a neighborhood bar feel, and can have higher mileage depending on the dancer. Candy Store is best described as a neighborhood bar that also happens to be a strip club. Bourbon Street has better talent overall, but generally lower mileage. In my opinion Scottsdale clubs are a waste of time and money, and don’t even think of going to Dream Palace! Enjoy!
  • mark94
    a year ago
    Be aware that club experience during the summer is different than the rest of the year. Fewer dancers. Fewer customers. More relaxed atmosphere.

That means your experience could be very different than what the reviews would suggest. You might walk into a club and find no dancers. You might come across a dancer who is desperate for money. You just can’t predict.
  • azdd
    a year ago
    Great point about summer Mark94. Dancers bitch about slow summers, but it’s great for local customers - no crowds and sometimes desperate dancers! Also, if you have time to make the 2 hour drive to Tucson, we have some local options. You can reply here or send me a PM.
  • mtnboy49
    a year ago
    AZDD is right on - at least in my experience. It's been 2 or 3 yrs since I've been to PHX but, those were valid then. One pleasant surprise I found was HiLiter on Sunday afternoon. Seemed to be a great stop after golf. But, the magic was over after 5:00.

A couple others to avoid. Sonny's in Chandler, Essex in Tempe and the dive in Apache Junction.
  • mark94
    a year ago
    Some of my best strip club experiences have been in the summer in Phoenix. Unexpected shit happens.

One Sunday afternoon, I walked into Hi Liter and there were 2 dancers plus about 20 male and female tourists from Hawaii crowded around the stage, tipping the dancers. I’ve never seen customers and dancers have as much fun as that.

A lot of times, you’ll walk into a club and realize there is no one worth spending money on. Other times, you’ll connect with a dancer who is willing to talk, and dance for you, for as long as you want
  • tete1526
    a year ago
    I haven't had a chance to hit the Phx clubs much this year but finally have some time this weekend to hit the town and get a heat check. I'll report back. Phoenix used to be a great sc town but unfortunately it requires more patience these days.
  • Smrz
    a year ago
    Bandaids...that was the spot! Thanks for the recommendation
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion