tuscl

A lesson in Italian American history (and most immigrants) from Tony Soprano.

CJKent_band
The truth hurts, but if you accept it, it will set you free
“Excuse me, let me tell you something... When America opened up the floodgates and let all us Italians in, what do you think they were doing it for? 'Cause they were trying to save us from poverty? No, they did it because they needed us. They needed us to build their cities and dig their subways, and to make them richer. The Carnegies and The Rockerfellers: they needed worker bees and there we were. But some of us didn't want to swarm around their hive and lose who we were. We wanted to stay Italian and preserve the things that meant something to us: honor and family and loyalty... and some of us wanted a piece of the action. Now we weren't educated like the Americans, but we had the BALLS to take what we wanted! And those other folks, those other... the, the JP Morgans, they were crooks and killers too, but that was the business right? The American Way.”

~ Anthony John Soprano aka Tony Soprano.
~ Portrayed by James Gandolfini in the HBO television drama series The Sopranos

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jMn0XBtKIB…

9 comments

• motorhead
    a year ago
    Meadow was hot AF
  • mickey48066
    a year ago
    Cj cunt, I will play along and add a comment. I think you're trying to use this to convince readers that immigrants and immigration is a good thing. At one time it was. When immigrants came here 100 years ago, they went to WORK. They helped build a nation. Not so nowadays. They are either drug dealers or lazy slugs getting all the free stuff offered by uncle Joe and heels up Harris in exchange for their votes to keep them in power.
  • CJKent_band
    a year ago
    Children remember:

Discussion Posts in the Political Discourse Forum, mainly quotations, as well as comments in the website are used by me as a means of inspiration and to invoke philosophical thoughts from the reader.

Pragmatically speaking, quotations can also be used as language games (in the Wittgensteinian sense of the term) to manipulate social order and the structure of society

“Like everything metaphysical the harmony between thought and reality is to be found in the grammar of the language.”

~ Ludwig Wittgenstein
    ~ Austrian-British philosopher
    ~ Born: April 26, 1889, Vienna, Austria
    ~ Died: April 29, 1951, Cambridge, United Kingdom

Ludwig said it all...
  • skibum609
    a year ago
    If we're going to open our borders to foreign leeches, we should also go back to slavery and no rights for women, which were just as popular and useful as immigration. Just say no to foreigners. They are unneeded leeches and 100% the reason this country is divided and failing.
  • CJKent_band
    a year ago
    Michael Corleone: My father is no different than any powerful man, any man with power, like a president or senator.

Kay Adams : Do you know how naive you sound, Michael? Presidents and senators don't have men killed.

Michael Corleone: Oh. Who's being naive, Kay?

~ from the movie The Godfather (1972)
  • shadowcat
    a year ago
    At least they brought pizza.
  • CJKent_band
    a year ago
    Children pay attention:

“When America opened up the floodgates and let all us Italians in, what do you think they were doing it for?

Cause they were trying to save us from poverty?

No, they did it because they needed us.

They needed us to build their cities and dig their subways, and to make them richer.

The Carnegies and The Rockerfellers: they needed worker bees and there we were…

…the JP Morgans, they were crooks and killers too, but that was the business right?

The American Way.”
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    ^ condescending click bait.
  • CJKent_band
    a year ago
    @twentyfive

“Try to address the comment not the commenter
    LOL”

~ twentyfive✪✔
    Living well and enjoying my retirement
    ~ Joined Mar, 2010