tuscl

Concert Bucket List & Ticket Prices

Wednesday, November 30, 2022 5:46 PM
I saw Springsteen is on the road again and you know in the past I’ve always put it off, he’s always selling out and right now tickets are available but the prices are just downright insane like expensive as hell OTC level. Especially in this part of the country where he is a God and every baby boomer is trying to go. But it dawned on me how much longer am I going to be to see him? It actually will be 50 years in January since Greetings from Asbury Park and he’s in 70’s now. I might just say fuck it and pull the trigger on it. A lot of these groups who have doing it forever, let’s be honest they just aren’t replacing these types. I saw Phil Collins right before he turned it in, got to see ZZ Top before Dusty Hill died, STP before Scott Weiland died, SoundGarden before Chris Cornell died, and looking I’m glad I did money be damned. But what’s your price? What’s the number that makes you say I’m out and who do you got on your bucket list to see?

24 comments

• Muddy
    2 years ago
    And btw if Cashman goes with me I’ll go fuck it. I not gonna be able to get Misterorange though he hates Springsteen.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    FUCK Springsteen that cocksucker!
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Just take his politics out of it and most singers (except Kid Rock, hell yeah) I’m sorry Bruce Springsteen is awesome, I can’t hear him and hate his music.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Springsteen is a great artist and always puts on a great show.
  • londonguy
    2 years ago
    He must be down to his last $10 million then?
  • gobstopper007
    2 years ago
    I’ve seen him live. GREAT show. This was in the 80’s but damn it was 3 full hours of awesome music. Definitely gave the fans their money’s worth
  • EastCoaster
    2 years ago
    ^^^ "right now tickets are available but the prices are just downright insane...But what’s your price? What’s the number that makes you say I’m out?" I've dumped the idea of getting to see certain big-ticket stars anymore. It's not just the ticket prices of concerts -- if you can even *get* tickets -- it's also the exorbitant Ticketmaster fees on top of that. Or re-sellers who buy up blocks of tickets. Fucking highway robbery. I've been sticking with lesser-known acts playing smaller venues. There are plenty of really talented musicians out there waiting to be discovered.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    There are some where I just like to atleast see once while I can. Im worth you on the cheap stuff I used to see cover bands for free and just drink until you can’t tell the difference anyway.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Having seen Springsteen in a 5,000-seat venue in 1979 it just wouldn't be the same now. I am obviously not a fan of his politics, but he's fucking amazing live and one of the few who give you your money's worth. If you have never seen him, it's worth it. Not a concert goer much any longer, but to be fair if they serve alcohol, I will pretty much go anywhere so I admit $81.00 a ticket to pound a few and watch Tommy James and the Shondells was well worth it.
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    Ironic you wrote this thread just as I was reading about Christie McVie Passing away. I did see her with Fleetwood Mac a few years ago and am so glad I did. She sang song bird and several other songs she wrote. Her voice was angelic, and I think I paid over $100 to see them live. Also sat in traffic going to the Hollywood Bowl in ‘97 when they did the “Dance” live. Had to pee in a plastic cup and poor it out on the freeway before arriving. Love their live shows as they still rocked it in their 70’s.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    My concert days are behind me unless it’s a small venue with some 60’s one hit wonder band. Springsteen and The Stones are the only bands I’d consider unless Zeppelin decides to tour again
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Motor - not a one hit wonder but this month we saw Tommy James and the Shondells in Woonsocket. I have to admit; it was great.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    ^^ I would have enjoyed that
  • bman66
    2 years ago
    I have always liked Bob Seger more than Springsteen. Seger has retired from touring but the tops I am paying to see any band is $100 a ticket and that would be for a small venue. I am not into arena shows anymore, too big and far away, I can just watch a youtube video of that concert for free.
  • Huntsman
    2 years ago
    I’ve pretty much written off the concerts too. However, Springsteen is one I’d consider seeing. He puts on a show.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Yeah any decent seat looks like it’s gonna take you over a grand.
  • JamesSD
    2 years ago
    I've found if I'm going to be in the nosebleeds it isn't worth going to shows for me. I don't mind GA floor. Luckily a lot of the bands I really like aren't "cool" anymore. If it's just you, you can consider trying to buy a ticket last minute. It's a gamble but can pay off.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Honestly James that’s probably the play.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    I saw springsteen at least 3 times, all many years ago, all great concerts before he became a shill for the left but honestly my political POV was different back then anyway. But I've grown up since then and I now view bruce as a has been who happens to be a leftist shill.
  • iknowbetter
    2 years ago
    The problem with these Boomer concerts is that “we’re all trying to recapture a little of glory of”… years gone by when we were both in our heyday. I’ve spent huge $$$ to see acts like the Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel, and the Dead in the last couple of years, and sadly it’s not the same for a middle aged responsible citizen like myself. Despite being in their 70’s, the Eagles sounded better than ever (thanks to the addition of Vince Gill), but Elton John’s voice was shot, and it was difficult watching him waddle across the stage with too much weight on bad knees. The crowds are all old people who look like me and my wife - no hot young girls getting stoned and taking off their tops. And at about 10 pm we realize it’s getting late and start thinking about our strategy for beating the traffic home to go to bed. So yes, it’s a “me problem”, but for as much as I love these Boomer legacy concerts, and want to see my favorites one last time, my memories from seeing them 30+ years ago are probably better than spending a couple grand $ on one night in todays reality.
  • Thick-5-Incher
    2 years ago
    I was never a big fan of Springsteen but every single Republican I ever met loves his music. He's one of the best American songwriters of all time. Plus, he really sticks it good to fascist cocksuckers like China Don and Little DeSatan and we all love him for that, of course. Now when you look at a no-talent hack like Kid Rock (poor man version of Eminem) or a pedo draft-dodger like Nugent -- now you see musical frauds in every way.
  • Thick-5-Incher
    2 years ago
    "I’ve spent huge $$$ to see acts like the Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel, and the Dead in the last couple of years, and sadly it’s not the same for a middle aged responsible citizen like myself" It basically comes down to being objective and evaluating the artist talent based on live concert footage. I saw my heroes Van Halen on their glorious 2007-08 DLR-reunion tour and it kicked all kinds of nostalgic ass. Eddie could still bring the fire with those mighty strings! I also saw Guns 'N Roses in summer 2021 and even at age 60 both Axl and Slash can entertain the fuck out of a sold-out stadium, although Axl does lapse into "Mickey Mouse voice" sometimes. But I would never waste money seeing Billy Joel or Elton John since they are way past their expiration dates. Even seeing "young" artists like Mariah Carey would be a waste of money now.
  • Thick-5-Incher
    2 years ago
    "I've grown up since then and I now view bruce as a has been who happens to be a leftist shill" All of us in here would agree you're a rightie nobody with a pathetic life --- and Springsteen is a fabulously rich Democrat who lives in your head 24 hours a day
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    2 years ago
    I've seen pretty much everyone I want to, except for maybe Metallica and Nine Inch Nails. I looked at tickets for Metallica's shows here next year... $500+?!? Ehh...don't want to see them that badly. I would consider U2, but wouldn't drop that kind of money on it. I missed out on Alice in Chains, Nirvana, and Soundgarden...but saw Cornell with Audioslave and with Pearl Jam where they did some Temple of the Dog songs. I think at this point the only "serious" cash I'd spend for a show would be if I went to see Pearl Jam in Ireland or something, favorite band in a bucket list location.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion