tuscl

Golden Age of TUSCL

When was it? And how about the dark age.

Now while I hesitate to call now the best of times, we all yell at each other on here like nowhere else on the internet. But if you compare reviews from a few years ago to now, you realize this voting system has literally trained everybody to raise their game. It’s like night and day now looking back. I saw Wal comment in mark94’s thread that the review output has never been higher. And around here on the DB atleast as long as I’ve been here I can’t remember more dancers posting on here popping in every now and again. Which I think is a real good thing, all kinds of different POV’s, makes things a lot more interesting.

Was it better 10 years when juice ruled the TUSCL universe. Or 20 years ago when it was pretty much just shadowcat, dandydan, and abbienormal talking to each other. Or even just a few years back when Papi was on a South Florida tear. Or when Rick Dugan shocked the world with the system. I guess my question are we going uphill or downhill here? From my view it’s hard to say sometimes but right now I got to admit, I see a lot of good signs.

30 comments

• Warrior15
    2 years ago
    We haven't heard from SJG in a while. So I'm thinking NOW may be the Golden Age. If only Icey would leave.
  • iknowbetter
    2 years ago
    I cannot attest to TUSCL 20 years ago, but the site seems better now than it was 10 years ago, if for no better reason than spelling, grammar, punctuation, and paragraph structure have definitely improved.

Unfortunately I cannot say the same for strip clubs. The clubs I knew back in the 90’s were a lot better - and more abundant than today. Despite the improvement in TUSCL, I feel like we are entering the dark ages of strip clubs.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    I don't know, we seem to be lacking in rich old men making bad decisions like Clubber and FarmerArt. It's hard to beat those.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    “There are no solutions, only trade offs”-Thomas Sowell
    You can’t get it all somtimes, we had CoVid, clubs were shut down BUT no SJG and that was awesome
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    Well, given that all the clubs were closed during the pandemic, I'd say that would be the "Dark Age."

muddy said "...we all yell at each other on here like nowhere else on the internet."

There might be some rose-colored glasses action going on here. Those who remember the endless spamming war between Dougster, Txtittfag, VinceMichaels, and a few others, will probably agree that at times they really crippled the discussion forums for good stretches of time. I mean, that was a conflict where someone had to die before it really came to a close. So, while things are contentious now, it's not a bad as that (I think).

I'm not sure if it's a Golden Age, but things are actually pretty good now. The boards have drama but it's manageable. There are more active dancers, and I agree that's a good thing. Assuming it lasts (knocks on wood), it's nice to be able to post about strip club fun and not be told that we're having fun wrong, or yelled at about "privacy walls", or told about a crazy-pants rape cult, or have threads bumped over 400 times because the OP used the word 'autism'.

I think it's a very good thing now that the majority of reviewers and review judges are on board with not connecting dancers by name to extras. If you look way back at some of the more vintage "gen-1" reviews, there were more parallels with the USASG-style reports. There are still some whiners about that, but not many.

My 2 cents.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness,"
  • Huntsman
    2 years ago
    I agree about the pandemic closures being the dark age.

As far as the golden age, I would say it’s now if one is using review quality as the main criteria. If one is using the number and quality of clubs nationwide, the golden age was probably 10-15 years ago. If one is using the discussion board to ascertain a golden age, I think being an anonymous, unmoderated fuck board will always keep us in the “haven’t discovered fire yet” age.
  • ww
    2 years ago
    Both @Huntsman and @iknowbetter nailed it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    For the most part I think TUSCL has gotten better w/ time both due to more/better amount-of-content; and refinements @Founder has done to the website – yeah there may be a bit too-much flaming on the board, and IMO @Founder can do so more tweaks to the site, but I think it’s gotten better overall w/ time.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    The pandemic was the dark age for a lot of things, strip clubs and the ultimate strip club lists were certainly among them. I feel our golden age may have been when desertscrub only called out club ads and kept the rest of his craziness to himself.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I think the decline of clubs now is the dark age. During the pandemic there was at least hope normal would return.

• drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    Good:

- sjg is gone
    - less extra connected to dancers
    - lots of reviews
    - more dancers participating
    - way less trolls

Bad:

- icee is still here
    - members contacting other members’s families
    - endless scrolling posts loading forever

• motorhead
    2 years ago
    I don’t know. I’ve been around 2006 and was a lurker before that. I think the board has gotten more political. And there’s less talk about actual strip clubbing, but then there’s only so many times you can talk about how to dress, etc. I think there was more intel in the past, but it seems extras are more pervasive now, so maybe lesser need.

There’s always been “contrarian” posters. Dougster, DavidS, BobbyL, MisterGuy, ClifBar are some names that come to mind. And Big Third Eye is child’s play compared to the drivel RandomLover posted.

I can remember a July 4 thread (I can’t find it) where a poster - who seemed to come out of no where, and I can’t remember his name - came on and attacked a innocuous “Happy 4th of July” post. He went on a rant about Native American atrocities, and smallpox and other anti-American stuff. It blew up. That was first wild political post that I remember that’s commonplace now
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Juice and crazyjoe being nuts

Motörhead, jackslash and flagooner cracking good jokes all the time.

Dougster being entertaining before he went psycho on vincemichaels

Alucard being himself - it was an interesting train wreck to watch

Still one of the funniest things ever here was when Juice made rap songs dissing larrythefisherman.

The most entertaining were farmerart and gawker stories were the best.

Even SJG was somewhat entertaining at first before he really went off the deep end.

I think all of this was going on around 2013ish. As long as you didn’t disagree with Dougster there weren’t many fights on here and very little political talk.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Motörhead, shadow, jackslash and I are probably the oldest members on here still active (old as in TUSCL age not real age).
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    Shailynn does it really matter that much? For what it's worth, your account is a year older than mine and I only joined after my friend got married and locked down. I'd been reading here a while before that. I only got active on the boards because I thought it could use another voice. Even though I think peak TUSCL was 2006 to 2008, the boards were mostly an echo chamber back then.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    The board accurately reflects the decline in the strip club experience. Strip clubs are like they used to be, but then again, they are not. The board reflects that. It seems to me that the acts are the same, but the level of joy has diminished, as if everyone was just going through the motions.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    I occasionally click through to profiles just to check out their "inception date". So far, the longest-running active user I've seen on here is DandyDan: https://tuscl.net/member.php?id=169846
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    Shadowcat tells a story about he got himself booted for a while after a falling out with founder, so his account is newer than his actual tenure on the site. Several of the newer faces are also on their second or third incarnation, but that's probably more detail than we need right now lol
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Dan has beaten me by more than 6 years.
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    Circling back to the OP...I don't know if I'd pick a Dark Age for TUSCL, but 2020 was a Very Bad Year for the world. That global funk bled over into TUSCL in a big way.
  • mike710
    2 years ago
    Every day is a new exciting day for a new adventure. Even during lockdown, I only went between March and May for a fun club visit full of secretive full contact. That lockdown time might have even been better since girls were very appreciative of the few customers who came in.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    wallanon, I forgot you’ve been around that long too. I know I’m missing others as well. How long someone has been here generally doesn’t matter but I think it’s pertinent to this conversation. There were many colorful members here in the past that have come and gone and newer users don’t have as much “time” on here to compare their experience to as the “old timers.”

I’m a little fuzzy on this but didn’t all the user accounts get wiped once? I was familiar with the site and had posted some raviews but wasn’t active on the boards back then because I didn’t even know they existed.
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    golden age… a month ago.
    But another peak…
    just ahead.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    Clubber joined in 2000. He still logs in and I hear from him every once in awhile.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    And long time users there’s probably a couple other guys too I can’t think of but book guy https://tuscl.net/member.php?id=170092 and boodwah made their profiles back in the 90’s.
  • Harderlap
    2 years ago
    I joined in 2004, after lurking for a bit. I have pretty much limited my participation during that time to reviews and a few articles; pretty much avoiding the discussion forums and the politics and conflict inherent there. TUSCL pretty much rises and follows the path the strip clubs take, when clubbing is good, TUSCL is good, when the strip club scene is down, so is TUSCL. And when TUSCL is down, there is more extraneous stuff posted. I have largely survived TUSCL over the years by avoiding the non strip club content. That gives me a low profile, but it does help me retain my sanity, and, I hope, gives me some credibility when it comes to my reviews.

Having said all that, I am retired and have less opportunity to get to strip clubs, so that, and COVID, have limited my recent contributions to TUSCL.
  • goldmongerATL
    2 years ago
    Somebody mentioned a negative is people contacting members' families? WTF?
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    ^

That's news to me, I'd like to know what that's about.
    Anyway, first time in this thread, first off stop posting those 3 letters that start with s and j, let sleeping dogs lie!

If there was a golden age, it was either before my time here or I missed it. When I joined 8 or so years ago clubs in my area were already on the decline and have never gone back up. The decline was mainly because of Ohio's ridiculous strip club laws that were passed around 2007 before I became a member here and also the increase of heroin and fentanyl use among dancers and I see the board in the same light as my local club scene as I originally joined as a way to get intel on and find out about new clubs but there aren't any new clubs. as a matter of fact over a dozen clubs that i used to sometimes go to have closed.
    So from my POV I missed any golden age that there might have been here.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion