tuscl

Driving past the old Showplace

Wednesday, November 16, 2022 11:51 PM
I don’t post a lot on here but I drove past the old showplace in Dover NJ today and saw they are doing construction and added a bunch of windows on the 2 sides facing the street. It made me think back to all of the times I had been there and all of the fun that could be had.

I don’t know how many people on here have been there but it was a club like that is hard to find now. It was a place where during the day you could be in and out in a half hour and get exactly what you wanted for a very fair price and be on with your day. I used to frequent this club a lot a while back and driving past made me think about all those days on the stained chairs in the lap dance areas and the timer going off after 3 minutes with the dancer telling the guy that she was finished and coming out. I miss the place…I’m sure there are a lot of great stories that came out of Showplace.

6 comments

• DOLLAR_BILL
    2 years ago
    Funny, I drove past there today too. Never actually had any “good” dances but do remember seeing some popular dancers over the years. Not true feature dancers but if I’m remembering correctly - Hot Dog Annie, Wonder Woman, etc.
    I think before being a go go bar it was a popular night club with some big acts appearing there.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    I stopped there a few times about 10 years ago when my work used to take me out that way. I was always fascinated how I'd walk in as a "non" regular, totally unrecognized, and yet the girls would just step up to the bar and start giving the menu and prices. It was like a diner where the waitress is like, "Let me tell you about our specials today."

Smiles in Ledgewood a few miles away was the polar opposite. I think they had LE problems because they seemed overly cautious and treat you like shit if you weren't a regular.
  • Pickmeup
    2 years ago
    Mrorange - I wouldn’t say I was ever a regular here but there were a few times that I made several stops within a few days or weeks but it’s true you could be anyone and within a few minutes of sitting down and ordering a drink you would have usually an attractive Brazilian going over the whole menu at the bar. This was the place where I felt like I could go with whatever was in my wallet and never need to use the ATM and still get almost the whole menu. There were times where it felt like some of the girls would literally take your last few dollars to do whatever rather than let you go and get nothing.

I went to smiles a few times and I did have a few good times in the private area there but the sell was completely different and much more secretive. Showplace was a sure home run for all the fun you could want in a quick trip and for a great price. I doubt we will see something like that around here again ever.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    ^^ @Pickmeup

Hahaha... Dude that is so fucking true!

It was almost like their goal wasn't to get "a lot" of money but rather just "all" your money, regardless of how much or how little you had.

It would be like:

Her: How much you got?
    Me: Ummm... Oh shit, I only have $17.50
    Her: Ok, whip your dick out. I'll spit on it and jerk you off for 30 seconds.
    Me: Oh hell yeah, that sounds fuckin great!

Haha... too funny.
  • HungryGiraffe
    2 years ago
    Had lots of fun at Showplace as well. Best trip involved full menus with three different honeys. Essentially, it was my first brothel experience. So funny that most of the dancers barely moved when they went on stage.
  • Mike Rotch
    2 years ago
    Yea I remember this place too, sadly after covid they never recovered. Had a lot of good times. There was a Brazilian dancer that used to work in Blue Goose in Paterson that disappeared after that place closed. Then some years later I see her dancing in this club. She recognized me and she still looked fine, kept that body nice and tight, though you could start seeing some age on her face. I took her to the booth a few times, for old times sake. Then this place closed too and I never saw her again.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion