tuscl

26-year-old woman killed in crossfire during Highland Park strip club shooting

BubbleYum
Blow me. 😙 Pronouns: hoe/heaux
Sunday, October 23, 2022 10:56 PM
HIGHLAND PARK, Mich. – Michigan State Police are investigating a fatal shooting at a Highland Park strip club parking lot after a 26-year-old woman was struck in the crossfire. According to officials, police responded to a call around 4 a.m. and were dispatched to The Playground Strip Club off Woodward Avenue and Florence Street. MSP tweeted that a fight started in the parking lot, and one or more suspects fired gunshots. During the fight, a 26-year-old woman was struck in the crossfire and killed. Officials state that they don’t have any descriptions of the suspect(s). [view link]

11 comments

• BubbleYum
    2 years ago
    Playground is the former Deja Vu club just outside of Detroit for those who may be curious.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    Wow - very-sad - same thing happened at a dive down here in SoFlo around 2018 (can't recall the details but in that instance I think it was a dancer that was an innocent bystander). Strip clubs tend to attract their fair-share of thugs/criminals and of course some clubs are much worse than others - makes one think twice about hitting certain clubs especially at night.
  • Electronman
    2 years ago
    This is not the first report of shootings and other illegal activities at this Highland Park location. The club had been shut down when it was operating as a Deja Vu. I didn't realize it had reopened. [view link]
  • BubbleYum
    2 years ago
    Someone bought it a few years ago and reopened it as an after hours strip club. The place gets WILD and closes around 5am-6am.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    I can’t find a website, but they have an IG account that lists new hours of 1 am to 6 am I realize it’s a trend for urban clubs to get things really going late, but opening at 1 am just sounds odd
  • PepsiMan
    2 years ago
    I had no idea it was open. It's in Highland Park which is a city surrounded by Detroit. Rough area even during the day.
  • bobsuncle
    2 years ago
    I drive by that club on the way to my office and it scares me. I'd never dare go in.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    I previously posted this. [view link]
  • BubbleYum
    2 years ago
    "opening at 1 am just sounds odd" Most Detroit after hours places open around midnight. A lot of girls I work with will head over to Playground to keep making more money after the club closes.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    Yeah; afterhours spots can be sketchy; the freaks/criminals come out at night. When I lived/SCed in Dallas in the 2000s I used to hit Club Onyx – Onyx was an upscale-urban-club owned by RCI which owns about 40-clubs around the country – at the time Club Onyx was a chain w/ locations in Dallas, Houston, Philly, and Charlotte (the Philly and Dallas locations are no-longer; but seems they’ve added locations in St Louis and Indianapolis) – anyway I used to hit the Dallas Onyx location back in the 2000s – Dallas clubs that sell alcohol, which are most of the SCs, close at 2am; while BYOB clubs (the minority) are allowed to stay open late – Onyx Dallas sold alcohol but still stayed open late past 2am; what they did was they stopped selling alcohol at 2am but stayed open – most of the time I was there past 2am there would be a fight at some point; pre-2am there was hardly ever an incident during my visits – the problem is that in cities where clubs are mandated to close early, then all the late-night riff-raft concentrates in the few open spots and this is often where the trouble happens. b/w 2014 and 2016, I would hit an afterhours spot in ATL (I don’t think it’s open anymore) – it wasn’t that bad but then again I wasn’t there in the wee-hours of the morning – but they had security with body-armor and high-caliber weapons outside the club.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    “Most Detroit after hours places open around midnight. A lot of girls I work with will head over to Playground to keep making more money after the club closes” Nothing wrong with that. It’s just that years ago when some Deja Vu clubs started staying open til 4 am, that seemed really late I was never a day shift guy, but it is interesting that day shifts in some clubs are becoming extinct and hours keep getting extended.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion