tuscl

Dodge discontinuing charger & challenger in favor of electric "muscle car"

Icee Loco (asshole)
I'm a fucking loser

56 comments

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Fuck electric pieces if shit.

At least challengers will increase in value. They're the best American car out there.
  • datinman
    2 years ago
    For an extra $26,000 you can get a factory authorized convertible conversion of your 2023 Dodge Challenger. A convertible Hellcat would be a pretty sweet ride.

https://tflcar.com/2022/08/dodge-challen…
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    WTF iceydougee? You're the champion of everything progressive homie, how can you be against replacing fossil fuel burning, gas guzzling, polluting, internal combustion engines with shangri la electric vehicles?
    How can you be so contrary?
    Oh i know, it's just another form of your trolling, I mean that's what dougster was famous for so now you do it with your present alias.
    It's ok iceydougeee, though we still homiez lulz!
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    A convertible one would be nice. That would be amazing for road trips. I know people who got rid of their challengers . I have one but I knew it was going to become a classic. But didn't expect it to happen so soon
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    I guess Dodge is trying to go woke (or being forced to?) - AFAIK those two cars sell very-well - they should build both types (ICE and EV versions) and let the market-decide vs forcing EVs down people's throats - I assume when the EV market/infrastructure has matured enough, the transition will happen organically vs forcing it when it's not ready yet fro primetime (similarly to when Germany tried to go green by force b/f it was in a position to truly go green).
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    It's not leftist. It's based on capitalism and the capitalistic trend to capitalize on cultural views. Uts coz of how hard companies have been marketing electric cars. And they can charge more for them. Can't ignore the profit motive
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    It will be interesting to see how many EV-versions they sell vs how many they sold of the ICE version (I think they are coming out with the same-models but as EVs).
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    You'll get one more year of Charger and Challenger, priced high for collectors. Then no more.

Chrysler is the worst of the American firms with poor fuel economy. They will have to pay $500 Meg in fines if they don't clean up.

Those cars were stupid, made on an MBZ E-class platform.

The LH Platform or Cab Forward was much better. I think MBZ was afraid of having to complete with those on the world market. Most advance American cars ever made, closest to Citroen. So MBZ killed them.

Everyone is going to super low fuel use, and especially Chrysler ( now Stellantis) Look forward to big new things coming.

And an electric muscle care will have vastly greater acceleration than those RWD combustion pigs.

SJG
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    It's no longer a muscle car. Its just a gimmick. An electric toy looking version of a charger Daytona.

• twentyfive
    2 years ago
    So a vehicle that has a single attribute (speed) is being updated to force even more speed from it and you dummies are bitching about the method of power, tell me what else does the dodge hellcat have going for it? It sucks as a ride it’s not a reliable daily driver, sheesh you guys are never satisfied with anything
    SMH
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    IDK about that Daytona and trying to make it look-like and sound-like an ICE-muscle-car yet being fully-electric while making fake muscle-ICE-noise - I think you gotta pick either or - I don't think most muscle-heads are gonna-go for that fake muscle-car-noise BS; but time will tell.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    The challenger hellcat is an amazing car. It's a continuation of a tradition. Electric cars are overpriced pieces of shit. Charging a tesla is like $50 every 3 days or so. It's all just hype and marketing
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    The fake muscle car sounds and the toy like look are corny on the electric charger
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    The MBZ Chryslers are not the real thing. The real ones in the 60's and 70's had torsion bar front suspension. And the left side lug nuts were left hand threaded.

What MBZ killed to make those were some very advanced cars.

Today, a dual motor Tesla Series 3 or a Porsche Taycan will accelerate much faster than those combustion pigs.

If you want the old cars do like Jay Leno, get the real ones.

Comfortably exceeds 200mph, on Chrysler B-platform.

SJG
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Icee’s challenger - I found a photo:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/852035548/
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Charging the Tesla is about $9. Per charge compared to an average of $65-70 to fill the tank on your mopar prehistoric rides, and if you get a solar panel setup you can charge the Tesla for under $3. Per but go ahead spend a fortune on an ICE vehicle that will cost you 30K in maintenance annually make all the snide remarks you like you be sucking clean air no exhaust from any fully EV
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Tesla cost a lot more to repair. The insurance is higher. And I'm talking about charging it at home. That gets expensive. Charging stations aren't always conveniently available. And they drive like a glorified prius.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    ^ don’t worry he’s just making shit up like usual. He used to claim he had a Dodge Demon, but today it’s just a Challenger.

Word of advice - if you’re going to make up shit, start fights and live some sort of fake persona on an anonymous website at least be consistent with your lies.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    The costs I quoted you were at home, and you have obviously never driven a real Dodge Hellcat, the cars are delivered bare bones, with no amenities at all not even a passenger seat, they ride like a skateboard with square tires and the interior is so loud you can’t have a conversation while the car is in use, but go ahead enlighten us all with your lack of actual knowledge about any of these vehicles, what you don’t know about vehicles is apparent to any true gear head.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Wtf are you talking about?? The only one with just one seat is a Demon. And that's to save weight. Like a race car. A he'll cat or even srt is better than cars costing a lot more.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    You're a fucking liar.
  • Goodclubrep
    2 years ago
    Thanks Joe Biden!
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Gee Iceefag if you really wanted to you could find all the information I dropped on you easily it’s no major secret, but you’d rather make up shit and call people names, to make up for your own shortcomings
  • Goodclubrep
    2 years ago
    We have engineers and many other educated discipline people here in our group. As we all know, there is nothing free. Energy, fuel, pussy, nothing. We pay somewhere for everything we get. That is simple physics.
    Ok, so, who's buying next round?!!
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    You don't know the difference between a demon hellcat or set. You Googled some shit and as usual your senile ass didn't understand snd you came on here just to talk shit. Go back to pretending to be a millionaire playboy 🤡
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    It's not biden. It's hype and marketing trends.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    Sorry, I fucking hate electric vehicles. I'll never buy one, and if it ever gets to the point where I need a car and there are no more gas engines, I'll take the fucking bus. Nothing against anyone who thinks they're great, I just don't like them. And I especially don't like electric motorcycles. I was at the Harley dealer the other day getting my brakes done. One of the salesmen starts telling me this whole story about Harley sent him to Milwaukie last year to test ride the electric bikes on a track, and how fast and cool they are. He might as well have been somebody's grandmother telling me how she knits a pair of socks, that's how interested I was in hearing about it. If I was gonna be impressed by how fast a bike can go, I'd still be riding an R1 instead of a Fat Boy.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Electric cars aren't good for yhe environment either. They rely on mining and Raw materials. That process creates greenhouse gasses as well
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ that’s true enough as far as it goes, I’m not ready to give up my AMG E63 just yet either, but what I laid out there were facts, if you don’t want to drive an EV it’s fine with me, but these woke morons making up shit out of their as are just arguing to hear the sound of their own stupid voice.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    20fag you came on here arguing preaching the benefits of the electric dodge and then lying about the challenger.

Fuck off senile troll.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    The electric cars supposed have a lot more radiation and emf than regular. Cars with gps have that issue too. A lot of these technological advancements like airpods etc have costs to them.

Icee these challengers and muscle cars aren’t a good value. Theyre rear wheel drive. If you’re looking for a good value the cars to get would be something like the nissan gtr, maybe some audis, the cadillac supercar. You could get the dodge charter srt8 or top of the line. Those are all wheel drive but also supercars or sportscars. A RWD car isnt a good value. Slips in the rain and snow. I know people with regular mustangs who are borrowing their dads car or taking the metro if its too wet or snowing. Its sad
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Icee what’s wrong with you to be insulting a 70 year old man. You’re supposed to let elders talk trash to you
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    25 what made you get the AMG E63 instead of SLS AMG?
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ Don’t like small cars, and I can afford what I want
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    25 is a millionaire and also has a yacht 🤡

Newer challengers have an awd option
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Iceefag go fuck yourself I don’t have a Yacht but unlike you a few of my rich friends do have yachts, like the one I was on last week a 65 foot Mainships wit a 12 foot beam and the ability to run Ft Lauderdale to Bimini which we did.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Go pay a hoe to fuck you. It's all you can do. And troll elsewhere
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Stop trolling my threads
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    What a fuckn crybaby you get bitch slapped cuz you’re a loser and a bitch
    LULZ
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Icee Icee Icee - work on your lies homie! The Demon was available with 1 seat or the option to have all interior pieces such as passenger seat, and back seat. You claimed to have one when you were whining that your cracked out stripper girlfriend left you, don’t you remember?

• twentyfive
    2 years ago
    @shailynn
    Ever notice how Iceefag constantly twists anything anyone says, it’s super hilarious, I think he might actually be dyslexic or have some sort of reading comprehension issue.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Again. Go troll elsewhere.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    And I never lied. 20fag said challengers only come with 1 seat. I said that's only the demon.

Fucking trolls.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    “Wtf are you talking about?? The only one with just one seat is a Demon. And that's to save weight. Like a race car. A he'll cat or even srt is better than cars costing a lot more.”

Didn’t you type this?

Need I say more.

Using you as a punching bag is more fun than using SJG.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Yeah that's what I wrote. I corrected his lying ass. Now go back to riding that dead trolls dick
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    On response to his lies that.....

Dodge Hellcat, the cars are delivered bare bones, with no amenities at all not even a passenger seat, they ride like a skateboard with square tires and the interior is so loud you can’t have a conversation while the car is in use, bu
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Icee you have an interesting combo of views. In some areas you’re hardcore leftist but with vaccines and the Dodge Challenger you’re like a hardcore trumper saying its an american tradition, fuck electric etc
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    It has nothing to do with politics.

Electric cars are about $$$ less reliable more expensive to repair more expensive to buy.

Also look at tesla mistreatment of workers and union busting.

And to me. Muscle cars are a big part of American culture especially on the west coast.

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    And I support walking and public transportation.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Electric muscle cars accelerate faster than the retro Chryslers. Electrics drive with all wheels and the accelerate that the very limit of tire friction.

The only place combustion can still have an advantage is in top speed, range, towing, and hauling.

Those Chrysler Muscle cars, Charger, Challenge, 300, Magnum, were dumb ideas.

They are made out of an MBZ E-class. They have nothing to do with the original cars.

MBZ E-class fastest used to be AMG E63. Power in the high 500 hp, and at 6.3L

Chrysler could have done the same, but they have not.

Now MBZ AMG E63 has over 600hp, and only 4 liters. And they do the same with their engines in Aston Martin. It means lots of power, but less gas at stop lights.

Chrysler could have kept up, but they have not.

I think Ford Mustang Gt is better. 5.2L 460 hp. So you get more power per liter, and the car is also smaller for less air drag.

All the Chrysler retros and the MBZ class only go up to 245mm tires. Mustang goes wider.

Really, these combustion muscle cars are stupid. Plug in Electric and Electric Hybrid is the future.

With combustion you are braking via friction or the clutch to down shift. But with electric you brake with the traction motor and recharging the battery.

BMW has made great strides with its X-Drive. And Chrysler (Now Stellantis) is doing the same with its Dodge Hornet hybrid cross over SUV for 2023.

SJG

B
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    The LH or cab forward platform were much nicer than those RWD retros.

https://www.300mclub.org/history-of-the-…

Developed as a joint AMC and Renault project, then bought by Chrysler when it bought AMC in 1987.

Intended as V6, and they still use those V6's, though the power is higher. And then 4 speed automatics, now they could be 8 or 9 speeds.

Much lighter, more space efficient, and more aerodynamic than those retro RWD. American cars similar to a Citroen.

But MBZ dumped Cab Forward because it did not want to have to compete with them on the world market.

SJG
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Please stick your fingers into an electrical outlet SJG.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Don't worry Shailynn, they're still going to make Pacifica and a hybrid electric version. Your mom has got a pretty heavy foot and she puts a lot of miles on it driving you to performances of the West Texas Christian Glee Club. So if she needs a new one, they've got her covered.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    New Dodge Charger EV Concept And Hornet SUV, 2023 Porsche 911 GT3 RS, Plus Lincoln And Acura Concepts: Your Weekly Brief
    https://www.carscoops.com/2022/08/new-do…

with 800 volts on the Charger, that will be like a Porsche Taycan, high voltage for lower current. Really Fast.

Also the new charger has a lower hood, and this was a problem with these retro Chryslers. The originals had push rod motors. The retro's were overhead cam, so you can't ever get the hood as low so they didn't look the same.

Icey you can learn all about the Stellantis EV plan, and their 4 platforms:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8T4ZSIO…

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    should be faster than Hell Cats

Dodge finally unveiled what could be the future of muscle cars — the all-electric Charger Daytona Concept. It features a new 800-volt powertrain dubbed “Banshee,” and is said to eclipse the Hemi, Hellcat, and Redeye combustion engines in terms of performance. The electric Charger uses a multi-speed electro-mechanical shifter to inject some involvement back into driving, while a push-to-pass PowerShot system offers sudden bursts of acceleration. While Dodge has not yet specified output figures, or whether the concept will make it to production, a roadgoing car will likely appear in 2024.

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/08/new-do…

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion