Living well and enjoying my retirement
Damn the man was an amazing ball player 11 championships
A tremendous icon with the Boston Celtics
Arguably the greatest Basketball player of all time

R. I. P. Bill Russell

11 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    He was before my time but he seemed to be a unique player and a unique person and seemed well regarded and respected
  • crosscheck
    2 years ago
    11 championships in a 13 year career. The greatest winner in the history of team sports. That is all.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    I know when people talk of the GOAT, then it's always MJ or if you are young and/or ignorant you might say Lebron. But Russell has more rings that anyone else. I'm too young to have ever seen him play except for highlight videos. But he was truly dominant in his time.
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    Russell is right there in the GOAT discussion with the likes of Kareem, Wilt, Jordan and a few others. Unlike the others he was also an NBA Champion as a Head Coach for a couple of years.

R.I.P.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    RIP Bill Russell. A champion and a well regarded man too.

I doubt anyone will come close to his number of NBA championships again.
  • ATACdawg
    2 years ago
    I became a Celtics fan one afternoon watching an NBA game on TV. Celts were down by one point, 2 seconds left, Celtics had the ball out just over the 10 second line. Havlicek threw the ball in just over the basket. Russell loomed up and blasted the ball through the hoop. First time I had ever seen a play like that.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    I started watching the NBA in Russell’s last year. He was player coach and they also had John Havilcek and Sam Jones and the Celtics were on TV a lot and were my favorite team for a long time

And anyone my age won’t forget his legendary AT&T commercials
    RIP
  • magicrat
    2 years ago
    The games with him vs. Wilt Chamberlin were classic. Wilt was basically unstoppable (except for the free throw line)...except when he played against Russell.

RIP big man
  • Huntsman
    2 years ago
    I’m too young to have seen him play but his defense and rebounding were said to be phenomenal and obviously integral to all those championships. RIP Mr. Russell.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    He was also the first black head coach in the NBA and won 2 championships as player/coach.
  • DrStab
    2 years ago
    Think I read that in 21 Game 7s or championship games in college and NBA, Russell was 21-0.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion