tuscl

Dallas 2AMer

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
A woman was fatally shot at a Dallas strip club early Saturday.

Officers were called about 5:10 a.m. to a shooting at XTC Cabaret in the 8500 block of North Stemmons Freeway, near Empire Central Drive in the Stemmons Corridor, police said.

The victim was taken to a hospital, where she died. Her identity has not been released.

Officers detained a security guard for questioning, police said.

Police did not release any additional details about the shooting.

Related:Dallas can’t force strip clubs to close by 2 a.m., judge says
Dallas police have been fighting to close strip clubs and other sexually oriented businesses at 2 a.m., saying first responders are overwhelmed with calls of violence at or near those businesses in the early-morning hours.

The Dallas City Council unanimously approved operating restrictions in January that forced sexually oriented businesses to close from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m.

Several businesses sued the city, and in May a federal judge ordered a temporary ban on the city’s restrictions.

BTW this club had another shooting a year ago.

9 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    This club has had a whole bunch of violent incidents over-the-years.

Part of the issue IMO/IME is having alcohol clubs close at 2am while BYOB spots like XTC stay open late which means all the late-night party-crowd piles into the few open spots past 2am - I think if the alcohol spots were allowed to stay open late that this may actually reduce violence issues since people are spread out over a much greater # of clubs vs all of them piled into a small # of clubs.
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    That's always been a ghetto club. Blacks shooting their own no doubt.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    I clinked on the club link. Looks like a AA make it rain type club.
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    I almost dropped by this club yesterday because it was on the way to another place I was going. Wouldn't have still been there that late, but it's been years since I've been in a club the same day somebody was killed there. Wouldn't mind keeping that streak going.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    More info:

In a statement released Sunday afternoon, the club said a woman, identified by police as Anderson, had driven her vehicle into a group of security guards. One security guard, identified by police as a 26-year-old woman, was pinned between the car and another vehicle. The club said the guard then shot the driver "before the driver could seriously injure or kill others."

"We would like to express our deepest condolences to the families involved. Club management has reached out to the family of the individual who died and offered to pay for her funeral," said the club in a statement.

The security guard has "multiple broken bones" and is expected to undergo surgery, XTC said.

The Dallas County District Attorney's Public Integrity Unit will conduct an independent investigation, police said.
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    There is occasionally some talk about how seattle clubs would be better if they allowed alcohol… more revenue, upgraded spaces, better support staffing. Some dancers have suggested that this might translate to buzzed men spending more on dances; as well as dancers having to do less extras bc more PLs would come for drinks, so that clubs wouldn’t be mostly empty with a few extras focused PLs cycling through. Though I’m not sure that pencils out?

On the flip side, less drunk men in what can already be a drama-ready situation seems like less hassle and less trouble overall. Guys already show up drunk, but at least they’re not getting more drunk and even less inhibited at the club. Of course letting bars run all night adds to the drama. Frankly I’m fine with booze free, extras heavy clubs, they suit my tastes and I can drink at 100 other venues. Then again it might be nice to sip a whiskey on the rocks while I look at boobs… so conflicted! =)

There are no AA clubs here, and no make-it-rain clubs. I’ve never been to one of these anywhere else either. From what I gather, it seems like these clubs are about being seen, acting baller, and living out a sort of wealth/tough-guy fantasy? If so, I could see why that ends up in the occasional 2AM-er.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    ^ AFAIK the club in question, XTC, is a no-alcohol club, or maybe BYOB; not sure; one of the two - Baby Dolls on the other hand is an alcohol club and one rarely hears of an incident there and it has been a popular extremely busy club for decades now - I don't think this is about alcohol or no alcohol; it's about thugs/criminals being thugs/criminals and where there are thugs/criminals that's where the trouble will be usually irrespective of other factors; and why this club has multiple murders and multiple other violent incidents throughout the years.
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    The initial posted news story called the person who was shot a victim. This just goes to show how quickly the media works to call out "gun violence" whenever there is a shooting.

In this case, as in many, the armed citizen probably saved lives from preventing the woman who was shot from continuing to use her SUV as a weapon. Even the strip club seems to be on the side of the woke anti-gun crowd since they reached out to the family of the criminal to pay for the criminal's funeral instead of siding with the law abiding hero that she put in the hospital. This is one of the few times I have hoped that a club does go out of business after a 2amer because I don't believe a club that supports a violent criminal like this should stay in business.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    “… This is one of the few times I have hoped that a club does go out of business after a 2amer because I don't believe a club that supports a violent criminal like this should stay in business …”

Yean – I thought the same-thing when I read the club apologizing and making the attacker all of a sudden the victim – but in reality; this is happening all over corporate America today – the reality is a corporation/business, hell even an individual; in these-times has to pretty-much adhere to woke law else you will be gone after; and this woke-law is supported all the way up to the White House and the Justice Department – not bending the knee to the “woke system” currently in place means the entire force of the government including state-media (CNN/MSNBC) may come after you and make an example out of you if anything for political-gain; and the woke mob will do everything in its power to get your business shut down – so I suspect what XTC did was out of fear of the woke-mob vs b/c they believe in it.

And yeah – I’m gonna go there – i.e. I haven’t looked it up – but I would not be surprised the “victim” (aka aggressor) was black and thus all the knee-bending and mea-culpa.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion