tuscl
The Pony
5220 Grand Ave Davenport, IA 52807

2nd 2AMer for this Davenport club.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Sunday, April 3, 2022 7:36 PM
A33-year-old man was seriously wounded early Sunday in a shooting at Déjà Vu Showgirls, a Davenport strip club. In a news release, police said officers were sent to the club, at 5220 Grand Ave., at 2:21 a.m. The victim was taken to Genesis Medical Center East, Davenport, and then transported to University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. His condition was not available Sunday morning, and his name has not been released. Police were on the scene through the morning interviewing witnesses and combing the grounds for evidence. Two vehicles were towed from the scene: a maroon Ford Fusion and a silver Ford Fusion. It is the second shooting on the grounds of the club in just less than six months. On Oct. 17, Samuel Wires, 35, of Davenport, was killed in a shooting outside the club. Lance Montel Johnson Jr., 28, of Rock Island, is charged with first-degree murder and felon in possession of a firearm in connection with the death of Wires.

6 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    "... Lance Montel Johnson Jr., 28, of Rock Island, is charged with first-degree murder and felon in possession of a firearm in connection with the death of Wires ..." A felon in possession of an illegal gun murdering someone - what's new in today's America
  • psycho_trick
    2 years ago
    This Deja Vu (formerly Tuxedos) is the most dangerous/ghetto club of the 5 left in my area. I only continue to stop in because I've been going there for decades, have a VIP card (free entry), and have to see how the story (and possibly me) ends. Hopefully, this is the last straw. But there's been alot of last straws in the two years since Deja Vu took over. The 2 shootings/killings in 6 months article leaves out that every weekend there are less serious gun, drug, prostitution, and fight incidents. DG
  • Garfield84
    2 years ago
    Ghetto in Iowa?? Really. I flew into Des Moines years ago and drove to Ames… I didn’t see anything remotely dangerous. I was there when Alabama played notre dame in the national championship.
  • jackslash
    2 years ago
    In Iowa the gang bangers will shoot you if you disrespect their corn crop.
  • psycho_trick
    2 years ago
    City finally pulled the plug. No details yet, but the manager's text said closed for good. Actually, I can't believe it stayed open this long. Very sad though. Before Vu took over, Tuxedos was an amazing club. SoCo (Southern Comfort) and Daisy Dooks are now the only two clubs left in the Quad Cities/Davenport area.
  • sinclair
    2 years ago
    All of the club's social media has been deleted. Must have been quite embarrassing for the corporate chain. The problem was on Friday and Saturday nights you'd have hordes of hood rats loitering in the parking lots drinking and smoking dope, and many didn't even pay to go inside the strip club.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion