tuscl

Canada to reopen its borders to fully vaccinated Americans starting Aug. 9.

8TM
North America
Monday, July 19, 2021 9:48 PM
[view link] Canada will reopen to fully vaccinated U.S. citizens and permanent residents next month. "On August 9, 2021, at 12:01 a.m. EDT, fully vaccinated citizens and permanent residents of the United States (U.S.), currently residing in the U.S., will be permitted to enter Canada for discretionary (non-essential) travel," Canada said in a statement. A COVID-19 vaccination must be complete 14 days prior to entry.

10 comments

• Electronman
    3 years ago
    Sera: Your comment has no relevance for strip clubs. Maybe you could post this on a site devoted to false conspiracy theories.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Electronman said "Your comment has no relevance for strip clubs. Maybe you could post this on a site devoted to false conspiracy theories." Well, if that's a new standard, then we're about to lose 1/3 of the current TUSCL users. But the reality is that none of Sera's posts have anything to do with strip clubs. He's a troll that migrated over here from the Rhode Island boards of SCL. Just look at his posting history.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Sera is a pedophile.
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    ^^ i am surprised that mr skibum has gone with insult the sera troll. my space geneious algorithm assigned a 62% posterior probability to mr skibum advocating a nuclear first strike on canada. perhaps mr skibums meds are helping i would like to help mr skibum. mr skibum u claim to smoke marijuana. based on ur endless hostile comments i think u are doing it wrong. next time u spark up u need to remember to inhale your welcome
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Sera and his other login are already ignored. Now that we can go to Canada strip clubs again (some of us, anyway), where are they on masks, social distancing, and bars/entertainment venues?
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Back to the topic. What proof do they want ? Will a photo of my vaccine card do ? I've got one of those on my phone.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Don’t know how to comment on this without it being political, but this is the flaw in the argument against proof of vaccination being required, we can fight over it here at home, but if we want to continue to be a capitalist country we need to at the very least be able to gain entrance to other countries to do business with the rest of the world
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    I don't feel the two are mutually exclusive. Sovereign nations can require or not require proof of vaccination as they see fit. Business travel, particularly international travel, is no longer a pre-requisite for international commerce. There's thing called the internet, it's been around for a couple of years now, which allows people to meet, chat, network, present, and even enter into legally binding contracts all without ever leaving the office. Wrt to what proof is being requested, I have both a vaccination card and lab tests showing the presence of antibodies. If I want to go to Canada, and Canada wants me to produce these documents; then I can either comply and enter Canada, or decline and stay in the US. For me, it is not a big deal.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    @sera ... So, you really only know how to play one note on one instrument, huh? Well, keep at it man, if it makes you feel productive with your time. And I never claimed to put you on "Ignore", but you know that already. Anywho, to enter Canada without quarantine or testing, you need to qualify as a "fully vaccinated traveler". Via the Canadian government, that appears to require a bit more than a photo of your vaccine card on your phone. Go here: [view link] "Subject to limited exceptions, all travellers must use ArriveCAN (app or web portal) to submit their travel information. If they are eligible to enter Canada and meet specific criteria, fully vaccinated travellers will not have to quarantine upon arrival in Canada." Google "ArriveCAN" to get to the web portal, but I'm not sure that it has been updated to account for the changes that will happen on August 9. I assume that you'll have to upload proof of vaccination, and then if that proof passes muster, then you'll get some sort of approval document from ArriveCAN that you'll present at the border.
  • LapHunt
    3 years ago
    In addition to proof of full vaccination, you will also need to upload a negative Covid test taken no more than 72 hours prior to arrival and you could still be subject to an additional post-arrival test. "All travellers, regardless of vaccination status, will still require a pre-entry COVID-19 molecular test result. However effective August 9, 2021, the Government of Canada is adjusting its post-arrival testing strategy for fully vaccinated travellers. Using a new border testing surveillance program at airports and land border crossings, fully vaccinated travellers will not need a post-arrival test unless they have been randomly selected to complete a Day 1 COVID-19 molecular test. There are no changes to the mandatory testing requirements for unvaccinated travellers." As for strip clubs in Canada right now, they are in terrible shape. Most are closed, and the ones that are open are just doing socially distant stage shows/table dances and certainly aren't doing contact LDs.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion