tuscl

Gender ratios in cities and the possible effects on strip clubs

I was in Seattle this weekend and after a Mariners game I was walking downtown. Several clubs had lines wrapped around the block just waiting. Now it kinda normal nightlife shit but as I looked closer it was mostly dudes, I could say confidently it was like 3 to 1 men to women. I thought maybe it was a gay club or something but no I kept seeing this as I was walking around. I’ve heard of the influx of tech bros turning some cities into sausagefests but damn this really made me think about it. I mow this topic came up in another thread and just seeing this jogged it in my head again.

I checked out this map https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.busines…

It looks like may be better to be on the east coast as a single guy. But it got me thinking what effect could that have on the clubs and do you notice any based on your city? The reviews for Seattle clubs were pretty bad so I passed on clubbing, and I’m wondering if this mai gut have anything to do with putting a damper on the scene a bunch of sexually frustrated dudes with a lot of money.

7 comments

• Muddy
    3 years ago
    For the record I still saw plenty of hot women in Seattle, it’s a world city, it just looks like there might be a lot more guys.

And not for nothing I used to be upset at AOC for chasing Amazon out of New York City and stopping all those great jobs from coming but what she was really trying to do was stop a sausagefest and for that I’m grateful. That’s the only time I’ll ever say that.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    I think your perception may be a little off by just viewing the line for the club. I used to club in Vegas a lot in my younger years, my close friend's girlfriend at the time was a club promoter out there and we (my friend and I) learned a lot of 'ins and outs' regarding the scene. Also I have several lifelong friends who owned/own bars and restaurants as well.

1. Face it, at just about any bar/club there's usually going to be more guys going out than girls, so the ratio is fucked to begin with if you're hunting for some gash.

2. Because of an off ratio, especially in a more adult oriented club (versus a college age club) the staff will let girls through the line quicker to keep the ratio more even INSIDE the club. If guys walk in and assume the ratio is more even, they will stay longer and spend more money, instead of saying to their friends "all there is in here is a bunch of cocks, lets go down the street to the next bar."

Lastly, there's the old trick clubs use to trick both genders, have a huge as line outside even though the inside is 1/3 full, that way you draw attention and people driving by will say "whoa look at that line, what's going on there tonight? We should go check it out."

TIPS - one thing we quickly learned in Vegas is, going to go in a club and get a table? Have at least as many girls as guys or even better more girls than guys and they will get you in within 10 seconds and not bitch as much about bottle minimums. Go with a whole group of guys? Yeah they'll still let you in, but you gotta commit to a certain amount of bottles, or a table minimum.

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Clubs are usually sausage fests unless they give girls privileges like free cover snd drink discounts

About vegas clubs. They let anyone in. If you have a nevada id ita no problem. If you're a tourist they rip you off though

I don't think clubs or bars being mostly guys has anything to do with how many women there are in a city.

The ratio is usually better in latin clubs though.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    Shai well it was so obvious. And it kind of echoes things I heard. Also it certainly didn’t look like Seattle in 1991 man the culture has changed.

And yeah I agree most places lean more men but something like this makes me just happy I’m hitting the damn strip clubs. I’m not doing the circle of guys thing to talk to one girl no way.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Regular clubs aren't worth it anymore. They're too expensive. Usually bad music. Fat girls and girls with bad attitudes looking to be validated.

Bars are a lot better.

But strip clubs have both beat
  • JamesSD
    3 years ago
    San Jose has a notoriously bad ratio. In general cities are good for men, especially men with jobs. Oil towns are supposed to be the worst, hence why travel strippers will go places like ND
  • goodyman
    3 years ago
    Doesn't Seattle have a ton of working girls?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion