tuscl

NFL Draft weekend

TheeOSU
FUCK IT!
The NFL draft live from beautiful downtown Cleveland starts tonight and continues with rounds 2 and 3 Friday night and finishes up Saturday afternoon.

The weather was perfect most of the week, highs in the 80s Tuesday and Wednesday and now it's been raining for the past 12 hours and dropped below 50. Blame it on the old Cleveland Curse, Lol

I'm about 40 miles away but won't be attending and will watch all or most of it from the comfort of my living room.
So who else is going to watch the draft? What are your predictions or hopes for your teams?

17 comments

• Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Browns go DT with their 2 starters gone.

Pats go D in round 1, pick up Kyle Trask or Kellen Mond in the second.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I'm likely gonna skip watching it - I hope I'm wrong but I gotta feeling there's gonna be a healthy amount of critical-race-theory bullshit w.r.t. "how racist America is" and "how committed the NFL is to ending all this racism in our country" - fuck their woke Anti-America bullshit
  • datinman
    3 years ago
    I'll probably watch the first round on TV. I'm hoping there will be some surprises; Like, say, SF trading #3 & #43 to Green Bay for Aaron Rodgers.
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    @ Tetra, I'm thinking the Browns will definitely go defense early but there's only 1 DL worth a first round grade. They could pick him but I think all other defense positions are also in play.
    They also might trade up as they have more picks than they need this year.

@ Papi, yeah that was the concern for the season last year but in the end it wasn't too bad. Not like the NBA was.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    ^ yeah but this is sorta a special event and I have a feeling the NFL won't help itself but to grovel to the mob - again I hope I'm wrong
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    Jacksonville is going to be really interesting to watch this year...
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    I’m a Jets fan I mean I hope this dude Wilson can play we can’t keep taking quarterbacks every other fucking year.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    It's gonna be interesting to see how white-supremacy is gonna keep blacks from being drafted in the first-round - with all this white-supremacy going-around I assume barely any black athletes will be drafted particularly in the first-round
  • DeclineToState
    3 years ago
    I'll watch whole 1st round.

I hope Niners take Fields or Lance and not Jones. Not that Jones would be bad, he's just not worth 3 1st rounders. I'd like Justin Tolook's proposal for 49ers to get A Rodgers.

I think Atlanta, Detroit, Carolina, and Denver would all be crazy to pass on QB at their picks (if Fields or Lance are available). For Atlanta, it's not a need. Arguably not a need for Detroit (their roster is terrible with so many other needs, and Goff is underwhelming). But for Carolina and Denver QB is absolutely a need even if they don't think so.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    How many Alabama players will go in the 1st round ?
  • DeclineToState
    3 years ago
    ^
    4 definitely: J Waddle, M Jones, D Smith, and Surtain.
    Another 2 probably/likely: N Harris and Barmore.
    Another 1 maybe: Leatherwood.

I vote 6 total. All 7 would be nuts.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    Is that Zach Wilson’s sisters? So fucking hot.
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    I'm a firm believer in the adage, defense wins championships but 7 offensive players picked before the first on the defensive side.
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    "How many Alabama players will go in the 1st round ?"

No doubt several but I just looked up an old post of mine. In 2016 OSU had 5 of the first 20 picks.
    Bama may get more in the round but I hope they don't top 5 in the first 20.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    I think the key to a successful draft is to not fall in love with any one player. Develop a list of what players you want, then wait to see who falls to you. The teams that fail in the draft focus on a single player then pay way too much in draft capital to make sure they get him.

Everyone is praising the 49ers for grabbing Trey Lance but they spent a ton to get him. He needs to be HOF to justify it but, so far, he just has potential.

Similarly, the Bears ( again ) paid a big price for a QB. The last time they did this, it was an epic failure.

The Vikings dropped 9 places in a trade, getting 2 extra thirds, and still got the player they wanted at 23. That’s the way to have a successful draft.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I’m hearing that Aaron Rogers is getting his wish and will be traded to Denver
    I’ve also heard he’s actively lobbying to become the permanent host of Jeopardy to replace Alex Trebek
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Aaron Rodgers is a passive/aggressive weasel. He’s working behind the scenes to anonymously let everyone know how unhappy he is in Green Bay. He’s done that for years.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion