tuscl

New FORD Bronco

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Saw the new Bronco for the first time on the road today.

What a disappointment. It was a 4 door model, likely an entry level trim. Looks like a modern version of a Ford Escape to me. Looked maybe a tad bigger than an Escape but smaller than an Explorer.

Maybe if I see one of the top level trims it may look better.

I don’t think Jeep has anything to worry about.

8 comments

• Longball300
    4 years ago
    I concur and the new Escape looks even worse.

https://www.ford.com/suvs-crossovers/esc…
  • armydude71
    4 years ago
    You probably saw a Bronco Sport, a small crossover based on the Escape. The true Bronco isn't on the road yet, won't even be in production until April.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    Back in the 70's my best friend and I modified a '55 VW bug into a dune buggy and drove the Baja 1000 from Ensenada to La Paz MX with a stock engine & transmission, 2 spare tires and our wits. The amazing part was that we made it.

Today off road races are done with beefed up everything and the last concern is trim. I'm too old for that shit now. I'll stick to my Mustang GT. I like it's trim?
  • shailynn
    4 years ago
    “ You probably saw a Bronco Sport, a small crossover based on the Escape. The true Bronco isn't on the road yet, won't even be in production until April.”

Hot damn I didn’t even know there was a Bronco Sport. Makes perfect sense - thanks for the update!
  • elmer
    4 years ago
    I think Ford made a great mistake by releasing the sport first we're going to disappoint and confuse a lot

I have my "reservation"in but my number is so high probably won't see one tell 2022
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    I like the look of the new Bronco from the pics I've seen but the Bronco Sport is just another bland little crossover.

I don't know why a manufacturer would want to make 2 very drastically different vehicles under virtually the same name and dilute their brand image.

Bronco/Bronco Sport
    Mustang/Mustang Mach E
    Cherokee/Grand Cherokee
    Lumina Coupe/Lumina Minivan

If you can't be creative enough to come up with a different name for a different vehicle just go the route some manufacturers do and admit you can't come up with a good name and just give it an alphanumeric designation.
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    I only buy German cars.
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    Would OJ approve?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion